Chapter 15

The Lovestruck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

( 16 December) 

 

9:33 am

 

Arriving at your college, you found students making the whole campus chaotic, which was understandable since the announcement happened yesterday.

 

It's been few days since the bowling day and the play took over yesterday with principal announcing an event happening in the coming week which left students excited. 

 

"I'm so excited!" Ria exclaimed clapping her hands and you shook your head at her chuckling as you two were walking out of the class. "You're always excited for parties, no?" 

 

"And you are not, how boring." She rolled her eyes and earned a smack from you before you two heard your names being called out.

 

Looking at the direction, you spotted Mark running towards you with a smile on his face before he stopped infront of you.

 

"Are you also excited for the party?" Ria questioned him smiling brightly and he frowned shaking his head causing you chuckle at your bestfriend as she pouted.

"You look happy, did something good happened?" You asked him and he smiled again before instantly pulling you in a hug leaving you shook.

 

He pulled away sensing you standing still and chuckled awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. "Sorry, I just got excited."

 

You coughed out looking away embarrassed to lock eyes with your bestfriend who was staring at you with surprised expression and you gave her a what look where she snapped out.

 

"Ahem, why are you so excited that you even hugged y/n." She crossed her arms staring at Mark teasingly and you frowned slapping her arm lightly.

 

"Oh, that, I made a painting and it was uploaded on our college blog and I just just heard from professor that they got called by a famous Art Gallery and they want to present my painting on their exhibition." He told with a shy smile.

 

You and Ria looked at eachother amazed before smiling widely at him and praised him. You three started walking to the garden area with him telling you that he won't be able to attend the party since he has to go there. 

 

Imersed in talking and unaware of the fact that Baekhyun was watching the scene from the window of the music room with clenched jaw. He didn't know why but he didn't liked how Mark hugged you and seeing it, he had the urge to pull him away from you. 

 

"Baekhyun-ah!" 

 

He followed the voice which called out him to see Yixing staring at him with worried look at which Baekhyun raised his brows questionly. 

 

He followed Yixing's gaze to his hand and got shocked to see a plastic water bottle crushed in his hand. Not able to look at him, he excused himself outside to throw this with an excuse to be alone. 

 

Why was he feeling this way? Seeing you with smiling at other guy made him feel weird inside and really bothered him enough to feel angry. He looked at the crushed bottle and gulped hardly before throwing it in the ban. 

 

He needed to sort this out quickly before he gets crazy with the thoughts. 

 

 

   

                                   ***

 

 

12:34 pm

 

 

You were in the cafeteria with your bestfriend and Baekhyun with his friends at the same table with you. At first it was a little awkward since you were getting stared at but not now and you're used to it.

 

Chanyeol, Sehun and Jongin were discussing about the party and Ria being the biggest enthusiastic joined them. They kept sharing their latest experiences from their previous parties at how Jongin got drunk and spilled his drink on one of the professors then next day the professor kept sending death glares to him.

 

Jongin did a fake shudder as he remembered about that night and all of you laughed at him before you looked to your side to see Baekhyun looking lost while playing with his food.

 

You frowned and tapped his shoulder to get his attention where he instantly looked at you surprised.

 

"Are you okay?"

 

"Huh?" He looked confused then following your gaze to his plate then back to you and gave a little smile before nodding. Though you weren't convinced but you also didn't wanted to force him so you just went back to your business.

 

Meanwhile, Baekhyun, he was still bothered by the scene he witnessed earlier and being the straightforward person he is, he couldn't help but ask about this.

 

"Can I ask you something?"

 

You looked at him confusingly before nodding then Baekhyun saw everyone imersed in talking and he leaned a bit to your side.

 

"Are you dating Mark?"

 

You looked at him surprised taken aback by his sudden question out of your imagination. Seeing your shook face Baekhyun wanted to punch himself for being too straightforward.

 

You don't know why but you didn't wanted any misunderstanding between you two and instantly shook your head. "No! Why would you think that?"

 

His face lit up upon hearing your answer and hid his grin. "Uh, I happened to see you two hugging so, yeah."

 

"Ah! That he was excited so unknowingly he did that." You casually said even though you were also shook by his gesture.

 

Baekhyun's head snapped with a serious expression. "Just because he was excited, he hugged you?"

 

You stared at him confused and he cleared his throat feeling himself overreacting but he couldn't help himself, boy was jealous as hell.

 

"Nevermind, Are you coming to the party?"

 

He smiled genuinely and you stared at him as how he was acting weird right now and instantly changed.

 

"Oh, right! Are you two coming?" Sehun asked and Ria immediately nodded. Well, nothing new.

 

"I'll have to stay away from professors, I don't wanna repeat the scene." Jongin whined.

 

"Too bad. You would be dancing in the bathroom and you wouldn't even know." Chanyeol commented earning a glare from the latter while you all laughed.

 

"So, Are you coming?" Chanyeol questioned and you shrugged. "I'm not sure. I mean, I'm not a party person so..."

 

"Yeah! Come to think of it, I have never seen you any college events too." Sehun tapped his index finger on his chin and Jongin nodded.

 

"You should come," You looked at Baekhyun. "I mean, this time won't come back and when you look back, you would have some memories to remember."

 

You stared at him pondering his words before a smile crept on your face and you nodded. "I'll think about it."

 

"Baekhyun Hyung, you should become a philosopher." Sehun commented and the latter rolled his eyes.

 

"She will come." Ria spoke with a confident tone making you confuse before a smug smile appeared on her lips as she had a plan.

 

Still smiling, she looked ahead and made an eye contact with Chanyeol who was already staring at her but instantly looked away. Ria also looked down at her food with her blushing face and you watched the scene like an investigator. 

 

Later, you went to the library to return some books and met Rowoon outside by chance then decided to walk with with him but while passing by the garden area you witnessed a scene you wished you shouldn't have.

 

"What the hell are you trying to do?!"

 

You and Rowoon halted when you heard a familiar voice which belonged to Baekhyun. You really didn't wanted to pry or see anything but that's when you heard another familiar voice.

 

"At least tell me the reason!"

 

"This..."

 

And before you knew it, Rowoon was already going towards them with you trying to stop him.

 

"Don't you feel ashamed asking me this, when you have a freaking boyfriend?"

 

"I got close to him so I can get close to you!"

 

Your jaw slightly dropped upon hearing Lauren's words and so was Baekhyun as looked at her with disgusting eyes.

 

"I can't believe this! You would stoop this low! And I already told you that I don't like you!"

 

You flinched by his sudden outburst before looking at Rowoon who had his jaw clenched with his eyes showing hurt.

You felt so bad and that's when you locked eyes with Baekhyun who seemed shocked and Lauren followed his gaze and her face turned pale.

 

Before she could say anything, Rowoon walked awa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter