Chapter 59

HIDE AND SEEK
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Calmly hanging out inside the Living room with a cup of tea as they rest quietly while listening to music with its violin versions. The door opened and revealed a figure who seemed to be agitated, which one of them noticed. 

 

"What's wrong?" 

 

"I... There's a problem..." 

 

"Spill," 

 

"It's about—" Suddenly they were surrounded by bullets, which forced them to fall on the floor. Some fragile things inside were shattered and the pillow cushions bore holes into them. 

 

They crawled into the floor and moved to the other room. Unfortunately, before they could go further they heard the backdoor forcefully open and the glass windows were shattered like a burglar did to escape. Now cornered downstairs, they quickly head upstairs to the first room near the stairs. 

 

"You should've quickly told us!" 

 

"I was about to you know, but now this..."

 

"*sigh* Now... Mask on and time for action,"

 

Each nodded and fixed themselves before wearing their mask, on the side symbolizing the M5. As they finished getting themselves ready, they heard footsteps coming, and quickly opened the door to spread their selves and shoot anyone who was coming in their direction. 

 

"Crane, Find us a quick escape route. Cause we're practically surrounded we can't take the risk on the windows here on the 2nd floor without getting injured in the process,"

 

"Copy," 

 

They are minimizing their magazines and the use of poison needles as their sources are limited. This gives them an uneasy sensation in the use of their physical skills as much as possible but avoid getting too extreme to save their stamina as long they can find a way to escape. 

 

Crane is busy studying the map of the premises on the phone while being protected by Tiger. Mantis and Monkey head downstairs to separate and take the intruders down, Monkey has just arrived when a dagger suddenly comes in its direction, luckily Monkey's reflexes were quick and they easily dodged them before throwing it back causing them to be distracted for a bit, then Monkey beat down the nearest person as continue on the rest.

 

In the other room, Mantis encounters more on its own than which Mantis takes care of it. Mantis almost got its mask fell off if Mantis wasn't able to dodge it on time, though it also wasn't easy as another set of bullets was coming in its direction. Without second thoughts Mantis jumped behind on the single-chair sofa to protect itself and throw back anything fragile in its direction. 

 

Back on the second floor, Crane thankfully found the escape route and informed the two who were close by. Crane activated its earpiece through its earrings to inform Monkey and Mantis. In which they immediately received and began to move where Crane told them to. 

 

"Where the h*ll are you three?" 

 

"Hold on a sec. Mantis, we're already on our way," 

 

Mantis and Monkey met at the back room door and waited for the three to meet them before escaping. Soon they arrived and when they were about to open the door, they were startled by a gunshot, they turned their heads in the direction where the gunshot was heard and Mantis who was the closest took the initiative to protect them.

 

Crane quickly opened the door and the three headed to the nearest car as they protected each other. Mantis wasted no time to head in the front seat and immediately started the engine then sped off, though the others almost stumbled upon each other when Mantis drove them off, they managed to get themselves comfortable. 

 

"Calm down Mantis. We are all wild drag races, but not as wild as you,"

 

"Get used to it. Besides were still need to escape and better not get followed," 

 

"Where exactly are we heading to?" 

 

"In any of our private houses. We can't risk in on our other hideouts... We never what might happen,"

 

"It's fine by me,"

 

"We can't also risk getting caught,"

 

"Agree..."

 

"*sigh*" 

 

Mantis continued heading west side from where they came from and where they soon slowed down as they lost the cars that followed them earlier Mantis who is an expert in wild illegal drag driver played them off that the other cars had a hard time catching off to reach the limit Mantis was getting that the lost them in the process. 

 

"I guess it's a good thing that Ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter