Chapter 32

Dreams. Will they ever come true?

~My POV~

2 years passed in the blink of an eye and I became a renowned fashion designer with my own label since I took up fashion designing in college before I left for cube. It was all thanks to Joon oppa, who persuaded his Jihoon hyung to let me stay in Jtune when I first left cube. He tasked me to design MBLAQ’s stage outfits for their comeback and surprisingly, he liked it and the fans too as well. I became MBLAQ’s personal stylists for that 2 years before my contract ended and I decided to return to cube to apply for a job as a stylist. My application was successful and I was scheduled to start work the following day. In that 2 years, I learnt a lot at Jtune. I signed up for makeup classes and the sunbaes at Jtune were really helpful and gave me a lot of tips as well.

“Are you really going to leave?” Joon oppa pouted.

“Ne, mianhae. I promise I’ll still come back and visit you guys often!” I hugged him.

“Do you know you’re a really stubborn girl?” Mir oppa shook his head.

“I learnt it from you!”

Everyone burst into laughter except Mir oppa who was glaring at me. I stuck my tongue out at him before carrying my luggage to the door. Seungho oppa offered to drive me there and all of the MBLAQ members insisted on following me there. I sighed; once they made a decision, they will never change it. Maybe that was the reason why they were so successful now.

All of them kept talking non-stop while in Seungho oppa’s car while I was silent because I was nervous. Yet happy that I would be able to see him again, this time as their stylist. A lot had happened during these 2 years and I had not contacted any of them ever since I left, well, except oppa. I changed number but still kept my old number and I still read the messages they sent me, until a year ago.

‘No, that is history. i cannot be shaken,’ I shook my head furiously and tried to join in their talk to distract myself.

Maybe Joon oppa noticed my discomfort, because he suddenly squeezed my shoulders, giving me a reassuring smile. I nodded and joined in their conversation. It wasn’t long before we reached cube and everyone gave me a hug when we got down. They decided to find Beast as well since they were already at cube so it was a relief to have them accompanying me inside.

The moment we stepped in, we saw Junhyung oppa coming out from cube studio and I flinched just that little bit. I guess my reaction was natural, since the last time I saw him was 2 years ago unless you count seeing him on music programs. He was shocked when he saw me as well before he greeted MBLAQ.

“You guys go first,” I whispered to them and they nodded, patting my head before they left.

“I really miss you! Where have you been? You didn’t reply my text ever since that day you know!” Junhyung oppa hugged me tightly.

I noticed that he was still wearing that couple necklace.

‘Has he really not forgotten me after so long? But what about that report? ..’

I didn’t know what to do, maybe some part of me still wished for his touch but I knew that that was history. Both of us need to move on. I was too surprised to have any reaction until I felt someone pull me away. I turned to see who it was.

“Sungjae!?” My jaw dropped.

“How did you know I was coming back?!”

“Minhyuk hyung told me. Noona I can’t believe you didn’t tell me!” He pouted.

“Minhyuk? Minhyuk.. You..”

“Didn’t you receive the message I told Peniel oppa to pass you? You have Hara-sshi now,” I turned to face him squarely.

“H-hara? We’re just good friends! The report wasn’t true! We’re not dating!”

“Good friends can evolve into something more. I’ve moved on and you should too. She’s a really nice girl, please treat her well,” I turned and walked away.

“If you had stopped liking me, you would have pushed me away just now! But you didn’t! Stop lying to yourself! You never stopped liking me!” He pulled me back into a hug.

“I SAID I DON’T LIKE YOU ALREADY! CAN’T YOU SEE I’M NOT EVEN WEARING THE COUPLE NECKLACE YOU GOT ME!? LET ME GO!” Tears started forming in my eyes and I tried to push him away but his grip was too strong.

“Hyung you heard her, please let her go”

He didn’t let go of me, but dragged me to his composing room and locked Sungjae outside despite his hammering on the door. After a while it became silent.

“What do you want!?” I yelled at him.

“Me? I don’t believe you can change so fast.. Not when you liked me so much before..”

He got closer to me and I backed away from him with every step he took.

“What the hell are you trying to do!?” I shouted when my back hit the wall in a few steps since the room was pretty small.

He placed his hands on either side of me, preventing me from moving anywhere and my heart started to beat very fast.

‘Why is this happening? Is what he said really the truth? .. That I haven’t forgotten him completely? Aniyo, this can’t be happening’

He leant in closer and before I knew what was happening, he kissed me. Forcefully. My eyes widened in surprise and I struggled to free myself from his grip. But his grip was too strong and he didn’t let me go this time round. His lips trailed down the side of my neck and I was shocked. And fearful of what he was going to do next. There was no one else to help me this time round. Tears started forming in my eyes as I continued to struggle against him helplessly.

Suddenly the door burst open and someone pulled him off me. I slumped down to the floor in despair and started sobbing uncontrollably. Someone pulled me into a hug and I recognized Sungjae’s soothing voice immediately.

“Noona, don’t cry. I’m here for you. Everything’s going to be alright..”

“What the do you think you’re doing!?”

That voice. It was Minhyuk oppa. It was the first time I’ve seen him so angry and I was scared. I think Sungjae might have noticed it because he suddenly carried me bridal style out of the room to somewhere else quiet. I clung onto him tightly and started sobbing again. All he did was to hold on to me tighter and waited till I calmed down.

“Noona please stop crying. Peniel hyung and Minhyuk hyung are going to be very worried..”

I nodded and quickly wiped away my tears.

“Gomawo Sungjae ah”

“That’s right. You should always smile like that, you look prettier with that smile on your face,” Sungjae smiled.

“Let’s  go back before they worry”

He held my hand and led me to BTOB’s practice room.

“You ready?”

I nodded and he pulled me in.

“Hyungs! Look who we have here!”

Everyone stopped what they were doing when they heard Sungjae and their jaws dropped in shock and surprise. A split second later, all of them rushed forward to hug me.

you! You’re back! So you’re that stylist who will be in charge of us!? Why didn’t you say so earlier!”

I nodded as I hugged them one by one. Eunkwang oppa being the first, followed by Changsub oppa, Hyunsik oppa, Ilhoon oppa, Peniel oppa, Sungjae, and finally Minhyuk oppa. However, after I hugged Minhyuk oppa, he kissed me right in front of everyone and their jaws dropped in shock.

“Yah hyung! Why are you kissing my sister!?” Peniel oppa shouted when we broke off from the kiss.

“We’re together,” Minhyuk oppa hugged me close to him and smiled.

“YOU WHAT!? SINCE WHEN?!”

“Since about 6 months ago?” He shrugged his shoulders.

-Flashback-

-Headlines: Yong Jun Hyung of Beast and Goo Hara of Kara dating?-

“Netizens saw the two of them out in a café sitting and chatting alone. From the way they were behaving, it was almost as if they were a couple”

“J-junhyung oppa?”

I couldn’t believe what I saw. Is he really dating Hara-sshi now..? I thought he said he would wait for me.. ? I decided to give myself sometime to make my decision. Unfortunately, a few weeks passed and the rumor was still being discussed by fans.

“I think he’s decided to move on. Guess I should too..”

In the meantime, the moment this report was out, I received texts and missed calls from oppa and btob. All of them were worried about me. Even Joon oppa and MBLAQ showed me concern over this. I should have known that this would happen sooner or later since the day I decided to leave. But somehow, somewhere deep inside of me wished that he hadn’t moved on. I met Minhyuk oppa the next day because he threatened to come and find me if I refused to do so since I had ignored all their texts and missed calls. When we met, all he asked was whether I was okay and after I insisted that I was, he said nothing except bring me to an amusement park. We spent practically the whole day there and by the time I reached home, it was already late at night and I got a scolding by Joon oppa for being home so late and not keeping them informed beforehand.

Ever since then, we would meet every once a week or so when we were both free to just chill and hang out. It wasn’t long before I started to develop feelings for him. Although I wasn’t sure what that feeling was, especially since Junhyung oppa was still on my mind. He was the first guy I loved so it wasn’t easy to forget him. Not to mention I was afraid that my feelings for Minhyuk oppa was like Yoseob oppa’s and the fact that I was treating him as a substitute so I chose to ignore it. But I would have this sudden urge to want to see him sometimes, and I had imagined myself walking hand in hand with Minhyuk oppa.

After half a year or so, he suddenly confessed to me and asked me to be his girlfriend. I was surprised because I hadn’t thought that he would like me too. But my feelings were still not clear enough and I confessed how I really felt to him. He didn’t mind though, and told me that he would make me like him for who he was. After that day, although I hadn’t given him an answer, we had already acted like a couple when we met. He would hold my hands all of a sudden and I didn’t know why but I didn’t pull away. Gradually, I started to realize that I had truly fallen for him and not treating him as a substitute. There wasn’t a need for us to say it, but we were already together.

Even though at times when the things we did would remind me of Junhyung oppa, he would smile and reassure me that he would make me think about us instead, and he also understood that it wasn’t possible to forget him so quickly but what mattered was that we were in love now. I was really thankful that he was so understanding, although at times I felt that it wasn’t fair for him but he insisted that he was fine. That was when I was determined to forget Junhyung oppa as soon as possible so that Minhyuk oppa wouldn’t need to suffer so much.

-End of flashback-

“WHAT! YOU! I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU DIDN’T TELL ME ABOUT THIS! I’M YOUR BROTHER FOR GOODNESS SAKE! AND HYUNG! YOU TOO!” Peniel oppa shouted.

“Aigoo don’t need to get so worked up. At least your sister is happy right? And this means Minhyuk can be with her much often as compared to if she wasn’t working here. If they can’t see each other often, won’t your sister be sad?” Eunkwang oppa tried to reason with him.

“Arasso.. But still, you should have at least told me about it!” Peniel oppa pouted.

“Mianhae oppa! I meant it as a surprise~” I hugged him and gave him a peck on the cheek.

“Oh well, all’s well that ends well! We should go out and celebrate!” Changsub oppa shouted.

Everyone agreed and I stayed till they finished their practice before we went out for dinner at a Japanese restaurant since I was craving for ramen. Being Peniel oppa’s dongsaeng and not to mention I was now Minhyuk oppa’s girlfriend, they were treating me even more like a princess.

During the time I waited for them, I thought things through. I wouldn’t try to forget Junhyung oppa, after all, the times I spent with him did have a part in shaping what I am now. If I hadn’t met Junhyung oppa, my life now would have been very different. I might have debuted with the girls and met other idols and fallen in love with someone from another group instead of Minhyuk oppa. So in a way, I have to thank Junhyung oppa for giving me this chance. The past no longer matters, what matters now is that I have to treasure the present and future I have with Minhyuk oppa.

“I love you”

“I love you too”

We kissed and held hands, walking with the rest of BTOB.

‘They will always be the people close to my heart’


Ahh mianhae for the late update! it took me a very long time to type the flashback; i kept having writer's block ugh. i finally finished the fanfic! hope you guys enjoyed it! i'm gonna start plotting the storyline for my next fanfic hehe. please support me for my next fic as well thanks!

helloangel123: mianhaeyo! >_< i hope you enjoyed it! it's the last chapter already! hope you will like my upcoming fic too! ^^