Chapter 3

Dreams. Will they ever come true?

~My POV~

I paced up and down outside the room nervously while waiting. About 15 minutes later, one of the judges called us to go in. We went in quickly and sat down on the floor, waiting for the results to be announced.

“We have decided to accept a total of 4 trainees. The 4 trainees are as follows:”

“Lee Gayun”

“Kim Hyori”

“Davina”

“And lastly, ..”

I was starting to get worried at this point of time. ‘Please let it be me’  I pleaded silently.

“Sophie”

I was dumbfounded. Tears started to well up in my eyes and I walked out of the room quickly before tears could stream down my cheeks. As I walked out, I could hear the rest of the girls who were not chosen burst into tears.

~Yoseob’s POV~

-flashback-

“Everyday I shock Shock! Everynight I shock Shock!”

Huh did I just hear our song? But who can it be? Hyunseung hyung? Impossible. This song is from our second album plus the song’s coming from the holding room for the applicants’

Being curious, I walked to the room and stopped at the entrance, surprised at what I was seeing. A girl was dancing to our song?! Is she auditioning with that? I stood there, watching her dance before I realized she was the girl I fetched at the airport.

“Yah yoseob-ah, what are you doing?” Junnie came up beside me.

He heard the song and looked inside the room, curious as well. His jaw dropped when he saw that it was a girl dancing. She didn’t stop at Shock, the next song that played was Fiction and to our surprise, her “penguin step” was perfect.

“Yoseob-ah, she has been dancing your parts. I guess she must really like you huh,” Junnie teased.

“Yah stop it!” I retorted, blushing.

She’s quite cute though. If only she had long hair,’ I thought.

-End of flashback-

I was stunned at the judges’ decisions too, I thought she would have got in given her amazing voice earlier on. I saw her run out of the room and I rushed forward.

“Hyung, why didn’t she get in?!” I asked desperately.

“Yoseob-ah what happened to you? Calm down. She wasn’t chosen because although her voice is nice, but the other applicants sang AND danced. That’s where she lost. We need to have someone who can both sing and dance.”

“B-but she can dance! I saw it when she was in the holding room just now! She has potential!”

“She did not dance during her audition though. Sorry but I have to be fair.”

“Ask Junhyung hyung! He saw her dance too! Junnie!” I turned to find him but he was gone.

~Junhyung POV~

I didn’t know why I did that but I ran out of the room after her. I was well aware of the other members staring at me but I didn’t care at that point of time. All I wanted to do was to find her.

I saw her running out of the building so I gave chase. She blindly ran straight and didn’t even bother looking where she was going. Suddenly I heard a honking sound and turned to see a van fast approaching her.

“Look out!” I yelled and sprinted to her and pulled her back in the nick of time. Both of us collapsed to the ground, with me shielding her. I swore I heard a crack.

“Are you crazy? You could have died!”

But she just hugged me and cried.

~My POV~

Who is this? His voice sounded familiar’

After a minute or so, I recovered from both the shock and sadness. I looked up and was about to apologize when I realized that the person whom I just hugged was Junhyung.

“Junhyung-sshi?!” My eyes widened in surprise.