Chapter 16

Dreams. Will they ever come true?

~My POV~

Ever since then, Yoseob oppa hasn’t been finding me as much and Junhyung oppa avoided me totally and I don’t know why. Was it because of what happened that morning? And when I wanted to return Yoseob oppa the jacket, I was surprised to find out that the owner of it was actually Junhyung oppa instead. He didn’t mention anything about it when he saw me wearing it. But how am I supposed to return it to him if he’s avoiding me?

Training was hell as usual, but I managed to make some improvements although I was still the weakest in the group. I stayed back almost every time to practice more, even though Daejung seonsaeng did not ask me to.

“Reminds me of how Hyunseung oppa would always perfect his dance till the wee hours,” I chuckled.

But, as days passed, the rate at which I was improving was still significantly lesser than those of my group members. Although Daejung seonsaeng would assure me it was okay since I had tried my best, I couldn’t help noticing that he was disappointed in me. I started to think negatively. Like usual, I stayed back to practice. Maybe it was because of the pressure buildup, but I completely broke down when I couldn’t get the move right.

“Am I even fit to be a dancer when I can’t even dance well?! Everyone has such high expectations of me but all I did was to keep disappointing them! Daejung seonsaeng, the girls!” I shouted in frustration and cried.

Out of a sudden, someone pulled me into a hug from behind and flashblacks of that night flickered in my mind and I reacted instinctively. He/she let go immediately.

“Oww..”

I turned and was shocked to see Junhyung wincing in pain and clutching the part where I just hit him. I had no idea my strength was this much.

“Oppa! Jinjja mianhae!” I exclaimed and tried to see if he was alright.

“Gwenchana~” He smiled. “It’s not pain at all”

“Yah you should have knocked before coming in!” I scolded but my heart softened the moment I saw that the part I hit him turn red.

“Mianhae..” I whispered but he shook his head.

I sighed and continued, “But why did you come here? Don’t you have practice?”

“Ne.. But it just ended and I saw that your lights were still on so..”

I didn’t know what to say so I remained silent. Suddenly, he patted my head.

“No need to be so stressed.. You’ve already tried your best; You stay back almost after every practice without resting..”

I dropped my jaw in surprise.

“How did you know?!”

“I.. was watching from outside all this while..” He mumbled.

“Then why did you still avoid me?!” I shouted, anger rising suddenly.

‘Did you know how hard it was for me to not talk to you!’ I screamed in my head.

“I.. I didn’t know how to face you..” He mumbled.

‘Is he still thinking about that incident? It’s not his fault; I did It willingly.’ I sighed, anger dissipating in a flash.

“Oppa, it’s not your fault,” I smiled and hit him playfully.

“Yah! You want to die?” He shouted and I ran away from him before he could do anything.

We chased each other around the room and we began panting after some time. We lied on the floor and faced the ceiling.

“Do you think I deserve to be in cube?” I asked suddenly.

“!? What are you talking about? Don’t think so much and just try your best~”

“But-“

“No buts. You should let yourself rest more if not you won’t be able to perform at your best you know.. Don’t keep extending your practice time and not get enough rest”

“I’m not tired!” I retorted.

“Yah I’m your oppa so you just listen to whatever I say!”

I rolled my eyes and closed my eyes to rest but I fell asleep unknowingly.

~Junhyung POV~

“Yeah right you’re not tired. It’s barely five minutes and you fell asleep” I muttered as I turned sideways to look at her.

I had no idea she was taking so much stress since she seemed so bubbly on the outside. Seemed like she was just putting on a brave front so we would not worry about her.

“Pabo.. If we’re family then you should share your troubles and burdens with us” I sighed.

She reminded me of myself when I was younger. About how I was on the verge of giving up on pursuing music as my career. It was really frustrating to try your best but make no progress so I kind of understood how she felt.

I sent a text to seobbie saying that I wouldn’t be back before I lied down beside her and closed my eyes.

'I hope she doesn't come back..'


Ahh im so sorry for not updating for so long >< been busy with attachment and work sighh. :/ oh and btob debuted yay! my bias is sungjae hehehe. but im older than him ㅜㅜ cannot call him oppa sighh ㅜㅜ