Chapter 14

Dreams. Will they ever come true?

~Junhyung POV~

‘Why is she taking so long just to get a can of coke?’

“Why is you taking so long!?” Yoseob complained. “I’m going down to find her!”

“Ani! You stay here and I’ll go down!” I said without thinking.

“Wae!”

“I was the one who made her go and specially buy coke so I’ll go down,” I reasoned and left the room before he could do anything.

‘Wae? Why did I do that?’ I sighed and made my way to the convenience store but to my surprise, she wasn’t there.

“Are you looking for someone?”

I turned to see who was talking and saw a salesgirl at the counter. I nodded and started describing you .

“Ne.. She went that way”

“Kamsahamnida!” I thanked her and ran down the street.

‘Pabo.. I thought you were afraid of the dark? Not to mention it’s so cold now.. I have a bad feeling about this..’

I finally reached the place and saw you exiting the convenience store from afar. I was about to call her when I tripped over a rock and cursed. When I looked up again she was gone. I started to panic because there was only 1 route for her to walk. If she didn’t cross the road then the only way would be to go back the way she came but she just disappeared into thin air. I looked around frantically before I decided to run towards the store.

As I reached the convenience store, I noticed a coke can at the roadside and instinctively, I looked into the alley beside and was shocked at the sight in front of me. She was pinned to the wall by 2 guys who were trying to her. Enraged at what I was seeing, I stomped towards them and grabbed the guy kissing her and gave him a very hard punch until he hit the floor. The other guy seemed to be stunned  so I took the chance to take care of him as well. They took one last look at me before fleeing. Seemed like they didn’t have the guts to take me on. Or was it because I looked intimidating? Just as well, no point wasting my energy on people like them. I turned to you who was sobbing on the floor.

I kneeled down beside her and tried to pull her in to hug her but she flinched at my touch. And she started screaming and hitting me. It pained my heart to see her like this but I could understand why she had such an outburst. Who wouldn’t if they were in her shoes?

‘If only I had came earlier’ I sighed and blamed myself for being so stubborn.

I held onto her hands firmly and tried to assure her that everything was okay.

you ah.. It’s me, Junhyung.. Don’t worry, you’re safe now. Look at me..” I said soothingly.

She finally stopped struggling and slowly looked up at me before collapsing into my arms, crying. I hugged her tightly and didn’t let go until she fell asleep. I took off my jacket and covered her with it since it was cold before I carried her bridal style back to cube. I saw the coke cans and her phone on the floor so I bent down to pick them up.

“You don’t deserve this,” I sighed as I hugged her tighter.

It took me quite some time to return, especially since I was afraid of waking her up. The moment I stepped into cube, Seobbie came rushing to me. The other members were there as well.

“Junnie! Where were you! I called you but you didn’t pick up so I went to the convenience store but couldn’t see you anywhere!” Seobbie asked worriedly. “And what happened to you?”

“I.. She.. was ,” I whispered softly, not daring to meet his eyes.

“BWOH!?” All the members exclaimed in shock.

“Yong Jun Hyung! It’s all your fault! Don’t touch her!” Yoseob snarled and snatched her away from my arms.

I felt so hurt, not only because seobbie reacted this way, but also when I was reminded that it was because of me that she had this encounter.

“I didn’t know..” I mumbled.

Someone patted me on the back and I turned to see Dujun smiling.

“It’s not your fault. But what actually happened?” He asked.

I told them everything I saw.

“Oh, why didn’t you make it clear just now hyung? I really thought she was ..” Dongwoon said.

“I didn’t know how to phrase it..” I mumbled and went to the practice room alone.

I sat down and leaned against the wall, many things running through my mind now.

‘Will she hate me?’ I sighed and closed my eyes.

“Junnie! Junnie! YONG JUN HYUNG!”

I jumped and looked around frantically, only to see seobbie standing in front of me.

“Hyung, mianhae.. I didn’t mean to shout at you earlier..” He looked away.

“Aniyo seobbie, I understand. It’s my fault too. I shouldn’t have gotten her to buy coke for me at this timing. So how is she now?”

“She woke up just now but she insisted that she didn’t want to go back to her dorm so we’re bringing her to ours. That’s okay with you right?”

“Ne.. If that’s what she wants,” I nodded my head and made my way back to our dorm with the members.

~Yoseob POV~

“She looks so fragile now. How can anyone even bear to do this to her?” I whispered on our way back.

“It’ll be fine, don’t worry seobbie” Dujun hyung patted me encouragingly.

After we entered our dorm, I went to my bed and gently put her down. I sat beside her, admiring her pretty features and suddenly saw this bruise on the side of her face.

“She doesn’t deserve this. It must have hurt huh..” I touched it gingerly and sighed.

I gathered my pillow and blanket, intending to sleep in the living room. Before I left I walked to you and kissed her on the forehead.

“Sweet dreams. Saranghae ah” I whispered.

As I was about to leave the room, she fidgeted.

“Oppa.. don’t leave me.. jebal..”

I turned around and saw tears flowing down her cheeks.

‘Is she dreaming?’

But either way, it pained me to see her like this so I climbed into bed beside her and wiped away her tears.

“Don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere..” I whispered and hugged her to sleep.