Chapter 29

Dreams. Will they ever come true?

~My POV~

“Don’t leave please”

‘Yong Junhyung.. Stop making me feel this way..’

“I..”

“No, don’t say anything. At least for now just stay like this..” He whispered, tightening the hug.

I could smell his scent, the perfume he was using and how I felt warm just from his hug alone.

‘You shouldn’t do this.. Don’t make it harder for me..’ I silently pleaded, tears threatening to fall.

He finally broke the silence.

“I like you too.. No, I love you”

That did it. I started to cry uncontrollably. He held me in his arms and sat upright on the bed before slowly pulling away. I could see worry and hurt reflected in his eyes as he gave a pained expression. He raised his hands and gingerly wiped the tears away from my face while I avoided eye contact when suddenly my phone rang.

His hands shot back immediately and I pulled out my phone.

-Minhyuk oppa-

I picked up the call but didn’t say anything for fear he would guess that I was crying.

“Yoboseyo? you?”

“Hmm..”

“Where are you?”

“I..”

“Who’s that?” Junhyung oppa spoke suddenly.

I didn’t reply him and that seemed to confirm his suspicion.

“Minhyuk?”

Without waiting for my answer, he took my phone away, took one look at the screen and switched off my phone. For once I was glad he did that because I really wasn’t in the mood to talk.

“Do you like him?”

That question caught me by surprise and I finally looked at him in the eye. What did he think I was?

“Are you deaf or what? Didn’t you hear me say “I like you” earlier on? Or did you think I was the kind of girl who falls in love with any guy I see? Fine. Believe what you want, I’m out of here,” I raised my voice slightly, fighting back my tears but failed and attempted to climb out.

“Excuse me but can you please move? You’re block-“

I was cut off suddenly when he pressed his lips against mine. I was too shocked to do anything as tears streamed down my face. It was my first kiss and somehow, it felt sad. I was sure that I liked Junhyung oppa now. Memories of us spending time together flashed past my mind. This was our first kiss, and would be the last. He pulled away after what seemed like eternity and his eyes were teary. Seemed like he knew it as well, the fact that we would never be able to hold each other like this again.

“Can’t you stay? For me?” He tried one last time although he knew it would not work.

“Mianhae oppa..” I shook my head sadly.

“Take my jacket with you, it’s my favorite jacket,” He pointed to the jacket I placed on the table.

“Can I at least still call or text you?”

“It’s better if you don’t.. I won’t respond..” I replied slowly, getting up to take it.

“It’s okay I won’t mind”

I sighed at his stubbornness and made my way to the door.

“Wait! Your phone, and this is for you. I have a matching one..” He placed my phone and a small box in my hand.

“I’ll walk you to your dorm”

“Actually.. I’m staying at oppa’s dorm now..”

“BTOB?”

I nodded and he took my hand in his. Thank goodness the rest of them were too engrossed in the movie to pay any attention to us. We exited quickly and went downstairs. It wasn’t long before we reached but he still hadn’t let go of my hand.

“Um.. Oppa? I’m here already..”

“Uh, yeah..”

He let go of my hand reluctantly and told me to open the box to see if I liked it. It was a half heart shaped pendant so I could guess where the other half was. I looked up to see him wearing it and nodded, smiling. He took the necklace from the box and put it on for me.

“Can I hug you one last time?”

I nodded and hugged him back.

“Oppa, you should go back first, I’ll be fine. The guys are back I guess, that’s why Minhyuk oppa called earlier”

“Yah Minhyuk’s my rival in love okay! Why do you keep mentioning him!” He complained jokingly.

“Ne ne. You should really get going,” I pushed him into the lift and waved to him till he was out of sight.

“Rival in love? What did he mean?” I furrowed my brows.

“But anyway-“

I removed the necklace he put on for me and placed it back into the box.

“I hope you find your own happiness,” I whispered.

“Oppa open the door! I know you’re back!” I pounded on the door.

The door opened and I saw Sungjae beaming widely at me.

“Noona! You’re back! Where were you? Minhyuk hyung said you hung up on him! And you do know there’s such a thing called doorbell right?” He grinned.

“I was out.. with a friend,” I lied and pushed past him to enter.

In my hurry I forgot I placed the trash bag near the entrance so I would remember to throw it, and I tripped. I braced myself for the impact but it never came. I opened my eyes, only to find myself in Minhyuk oppa’s arms.

“Uh.. I’m okay already..” I mumbled when he didn’t let go of his hands which were on my waist.

I felt someone pulling me all of a sudden and I looked up to see Sungjae dragging me to the kitchen.

“I bought strawberry milk for you noona!” He showed me the bottles of strawberry milk in the fridge which filled up the entire compartment behind the door.

“As a thank you for helping us clean our dorm. It looks so much cleaner!” I turned to see Hyunsik oppa smiling, eyes curved into an eye smile.

“Omo oppa I can’t see your eyes!” I joked but everyone else burst into laughter.

“Yah it’s not funny! I get that all the time..” He sighed.

“Gwenchana oppa. That’s what makes you special!” I smiled and his eyes lit up.

“You’re the best you! Saranghaeyo!”

“Noona is mine!” Sungjae ran to hug me and stuck his tongue out at Hyunsik oppa while Peniel oppa glared at him.

“You’re having too much skinship with MY sister, seriously..” He sighed and shook his head.

“Noona, why are you leaving?” Sungjae ignored him and pouted at me.

“Personal reasons. I’ll be back, I promise! It’s not like I won’t get to see you again, you’re all oppa’s brothers! I’ll still meet with oppa at least once a week you know,” I softened and smiled at him.

“I’ll call and text you everyday so you won’t feel bored!” He said excitedly.

“Yah am I her brother or are you her brother?” Peniel oppa snapped at him.

“Of course it’s you hyung! No need to get so upset!” He turned to look at him with puppy eyes.

“Stop looking at me like that! Aish!”

I giggled.

‘Oppa really can’t stand Sungjae’s aeygo huh. Well, I doubt anyone can. I’m going to miss seeing him everyday..’

“When are you leaving?” Changsub oppa asked all of a sudden.

“Tomorrow morning. I’m staying with Joon oppa and the rest..”