Chapter 30

Dreams. Will they ever come true?

“MBLAQ sunbaenim?! Since when were you so close with them?” Sungjae eyed me suspiciously.

“Didn’t you know? Joon oppa and Gayun unnie are siblings!”

“Jinjja!?”

All of them looked shocked. I nodded and sighed.

“Let’s have a farewell party for you!” Eunkwang oppa had a sudden idea.

Suddenly everyone seemed to be busy preparing while they made me sit on the sofa and rest. I looked at them making a mess out of everything and giggled. Soon the pizzas arrived and we sat in a circle with Sungjae sitting on my left and Minhyuk oppa on my right. We shared the pizzas among ourselves and finished them in the blink of an eye. What do you expect with 7 hungry guys around?

“Let’s play truth or dare!” Sungjae shouted out and everyone nodded in agreement.

Little did I know he had a motive for doing so.

Eunkwang oppa started by spinning the bottle and it pointed to Sungjae.

“Truth or dare?”

“Truth”

“Do you like you?”

“Ne”

He answered with no hesitation which made me surprised and I turned to face him.

“Of course I like noonaaaaaa!” He suddenly added and hugged me.

“Oh my god seriously. Hugging her has become a habit..” Peniel oppa muttered under his breath, but still loud enough for us to hear.

“My turn!” He spun the bottle and this time, it pointed to Minhyuk oppa.

“Truth or dare?”

“.. Dare”

“Then.. I dare you to hug noona until the next turn!”

“BWOH!?” We exclaimed in unison.

“Either that or the punishment is you’ll have to go to cube café and help out for a month during your free time,” Sungjae smirked evilly.

“Yook Sungjae, you’re going to get it!” Minhyuk oppa hissed and glared at him but the maknae didn’t seem to notice.

“Yah why are all the dares and truths revolving around my sister today?!” Peniel oppa complained.

“Because she’s the only girl!” Everyone replied almost immediately and all he could do was sigh.

Minhyuk oppa leant in to hug me and my heart skipped a beat when our bodies made contact. I could smell his scent and it smelled.. kind of nice. What was this feeling? When he pulled away, I could feel my cheeks burning and I avoided eye contact with him.

‘Jinjja! What is it this time! What about.. Junhyung oppa?’

“I’m tired.. going in to rest now. You guys continue without me! Good night guys!” I stood up abruptly and quickly entered oppa’s room to wash up before climbing into bed.

The door creaked open and I heard a voice calling out softly.

“Noona? Are you asleep? Can I come in?”

“Ani, come in Sungjae”

He closed the door behind him and sat beside me.

“Noona you’re sleeping on my bed!”

“Omo jinjja?” I immediately sat upright and realized that I was so engrossed in my own thoughts that I didn’t notice I had walked to his bed subconsciously.

“Gwenchana, I don’t mind sleeping with you again,” He said cheekily and laughed.

“Yah!”

“Noona, what’s wrong?”

“..”

“..”

“Please tell me noona”

‘Should i? But..’ I thought as I turned to look at him.

There was worry reflected in his eyes and for once, he seemed to be genuinely sad, a complete opposite from his positive and cheerful side. I gave in and started telling him everything right from the start. The reason why I joined cube, how I met them, how some stuff happened and finally, what happened between Junhyung oppa and i.

I turned to see his reaction but he was motionless, as if deep in thought, when I noticed a flicker of hurt in his eyes. I felt guilty all of a sudden, for burdening him with my troubles. I didn’t know what to do when suddenly, he pulled me close to him. It was as if he was telling me that I could vent out my feelings. When my tears came, it didn’t stop. I cried my heart out and he didn’t say anything except to pat my back gently. I wondered how long I cried, might have been half an hour? But I finally stopped.

He pulled away and I quickly wiped away the tears on my face. I bet my eyes must have been red and swollen but I didn’t care.

“Do you feel better now?”

“Gomawo Sungjae ah,” I nodded and hugged him.

“I’ll always be here for you even if you’re gone. Just give me a call or text anytime you need me okay? I promise to reply asap,” He smiled and urged me to sleep.

I lay down and he pulled the blanket over me.

“Jaljayo noona~” He leant in and kissed me on my forehead before leaving the room.

~Minhyuk POV~

“I’m tired.. going in to rest now. You guys continue without me! Good night guys!”

‘Why did she leave all of a sudden? And right after I hugged her?’ I shook my head, trying to clear away the thoughts in my mind.

A while later, Sungjae excused himself. He looked kind of worried and disconcerted.

‘Don’t tell me he’s going to find you..’

I didn’t know why, but I felt like I just had to follow him so I excused myself. Thank goodness none of them suspected a thing. Just as I suspected, Sungjae went to find her. I peeped through the gap and saw him sitting beside her. I couldn’t hear what they were saying because it was too soft and I didn’t want to risk myself being seen so I just stayed there patiently.

All of a sudden I saw Sungjae pulling her close and she started crying.

‘What the hell?’ I cursed silently but I couldn’t do anything.

After 15 minutes or so, they broke away and she was getting ready to sleep. I was getting ready to leave before anyone saw me and he kissed her! I nearly punched my fist into the wall but I managed to control myself and unclench it. I took a deep breath and waited.

When Sungjae came out, I immediately pulled him into my room and closed the door.

“Sungjae, what were you doing inside!?”

“Hyung what do you mean?”

“You kissed her!” I hissed angrily.

“Oh, that”

“Don’t ‘oh, that’ me!”

“I like noona”

“You what!?”

“I said I like noona”

‘I knew it. He likes her..’

“But she won’t ever like me because she has Junhyung hyung. Although she might say she doesn’t like him anymore, I can tell from her reaction. How her face seem to lit up at the mention of him. I’m content that she treats me as a really close friend” He said sadly.

“You like her don’t you hyung?”

That question caught me by surprise.

“I..”

‘Do I like her?’

“Please don’t ever make her sad again” He patted me on my shoulder and walked away.

‘What did he mean by that?’ I sighed and followed him back to the living room.


Ahh double update! because i'm going to be out for dinner with my friends since i'm having my last paper later at 4pm so i'm not sure when i would be back. it's going to end in a few more chapters i guess? not more than 10! ahh molla! ><

helloangel123: you're welcome! ^^