Chapter 2

Dreams. Will they ever come true?

~My POV~

Ever since that day, I spent most of my free time searching for information related to BEAST and decided to learn their dances, starting from Shock since that was the song which made me fall in love with BEAST. It took me quite some time to finish learning the entire dance but I felt a sense of satisfaction when I did that. That was when I realized I liked dancing. I then moved on to Soom and Fiction. Soon, it was my last year at college and did I mention I took up Korean language classes? I was hoping for the impossible: To be admitted into Cube Entertainment as a trainee.

I had that goal in mind ever since I saw that Cube Entertainment had an audition during my first year in college and that anyone, yes even non-locals, could apply. I practiced diligently everyday, even though I wasn’t sure that they would be recruiting again.

Imagine my surprise and ecstasy when I heard that there would be another audition after I graduated (coincidentally) so I need not worry about my studies anymore! But I had another worry; my age. The recent groups/solo singers debuted at a young age so I wasn’t sure if I stand a chance. Still, I decided to have a go.

I submitted my entry and crossed my fingers, hoping I would be selected. True enough, I received an email stating I entered the second round and that I had to personally visit Cube Entertainment’s office for the audition.

I told my parents that I was going overseas with friends for a few days and booked my plane ticket to Korea. I was so excited that I nearly couldn’t sleep on the plane but I managed to get some rest. After a few hours, I arrived and started panicking because I realized I didn’t have any way to contact the person who was supposed to pick me up at the airport.

I should have asked how to recognize him/her’

Just at that point, someone tapped me from behind. I turned, and got a shock of my life.

you-sshi?”

It was Yang Yoseob, my bias. I swore I could have fainted then and there. I nodded and followed him (running actually because his fans were chasing him LOL) to a car where he drove to Cube Entertainment office I presumed. I was clenching my fists throughout the trip and didn’t dare to make a sound or even move. I stared at him from the side window and he seemed to have noticed because he suddenly turned to me.

“Yes? Am I too handsome for you?” And he winked. He ing winked.

“E-r, n-n-no, I didn’t mean to stare. Mianhae,” I blushed. Thank goodness he was driving.

He laughed and continued driving. I silently cursed myself for looking at him. Soon after we reached and I quickly changed into comfortable clothes to start warming up for the audition since I had only 2 more hours till my turn.

“Do your best! Hwaiting!” Yoseob called after me but I was in a rush so I didn’t turn back.

Oh wow the room is so big’

As I stepped into the holding room, my jaw dropped. There were only about 10 people and they were all practicing on their own. My confidence shattered the moment I saw how flexible and how nice their voices were.

No don’t give up. You can do it!’ I shook my head furiously and went to a corner to set up my “studio”. Thank god I brought portable speakers along because the entire room was very noisy with all the different songs blasting and all the singing. I decided to choose G.NA’s I’ll Back Off So You Can Live Better because I really liked the song and it wasn’t too fast for an amateur like me.

I was the last to go so when the person before me went out for her audition, I decided to relax by singing and dancing to BEAST’s songs since no one was around anyway. Little did I know there was someone watching, and not one at that.

Finally it was my turn and I took a deep breath before entering the venue.

“Annyeonghaseyo, you imnida!” I smiled and greeted the judges before starting.

And so I began singing. Everything went smoothly until BEAST came in. I nearly dropped my mic in surprise. I managed to maintain my composure and continue singing, looking at anywhere but their direction. The song ended, like finally!

“Kamsahamnida,” I bowed and exited the room quickly. I caught a glimpse of the judges before I left; they were nodding their heads.

Now all that’s left is the results’ I thought.