Chapter 24

Dreams. Will they ever come true?

~Yoseob POV~

“OPPA!”

I flinched in surprise and mostly shock. I hadn’t noticed we had reached IU’s house.

“N..Ne? Mianhae jagiya, I was just thinking-“

“Thinking about you?”

“Ne. I mean, ani.. aniyo! Wait, I don’t like her like I like you!” My eyes widen in surprise as I tried to explain to her.

“Pabo! Why are you getting so worked up for? Of course I know you only have me in your heart,” IU hit me on the arm playfully and laughed. “But you know, I’m a girl just like you, and I can tell she likes you more than a brother.. You should make it clear to her if not she’ll just keep avoiding you and i’m sure you wouldn’t want that right? I know she’s special to you”

I nodded and hugged her.

“Thanks for being so understanding”

I walked her to her front door and waited for her to step into her house before I went back to my dorm, thinking of how to talk to you about it.

~My POV~

A few weeks have passed since then. We were alright now, by we, I meant Yoseob oppa.

-Flashback-

That same night we had dinner with MBLAQ, Yoseob oppa texted me just when I was about to go to sleep.

‘Are you still awake? If you are, care to meet me outside? I have some things to say to you’

I was going to just ignore his message and worry about this the next day but no matter how much I tossed and turned in my bed, I just couldn’t sleep. So I decided to hear what he had to say.

He told me about how he met IU, what happened between them, how he felt that I resembled her when he first saw me, how he treats me as just a really close sister and nothing else.

-End of flashback-

To be honest, my heart hurt when I heard that but Junhyung oppa was there for me, and i finally realized it was just puppy love with Yoseob oppa. But all this just made it worse. I was starting to rely on Junhyung oppa too much.

On the other hand, ever since finding out the fact that oppa is in a relatively popular rookie boy group, it wasn’t at all easy for me to meet him even though we practice and live in the same place. I had to avoid publicity while they had to avoid rumors since it wasn’t confirmed when we would be debuting and the company didn’t want to draw unnecessary attention to us. Also, my determination was starting to waver.

In the past, I would have just stand up whenever I fell but now, I was beginning to doubt myself. I doubted whether this was the path I really wanted to take, doubted whether I’m suited for this, and most of all, I doubted my skills. My dance did improve since last time, but it took way too long. I was hindering the progress of the group even if Daejung seonsaeng denied the fact, and I hated being a burden.

“Noona! Why do you look so troubled?” Sungjae sat down beside me.

“Aniyo, it’s nothing,” I smiled at him.

“Liar. Did something happen? Or someone bullied you? Tell me I’ll teach that person a lesson!” He hugged me.

“Nothing happened so don’t worry okay? Plus, I’m feeling much better already, thanks Sungjae ah~ Plus I don’t think you’re able to do anything anyway,” I laughed and hugged him back.

“Yah noona!” He broke free from the hug and pouted.

Somehow, he was the only one apart from Peniel oppa who could cheer me up just by his presence. Maybe because he was still naïve and innocent like a child.

“Dinner is ready!” Peniel oppa shouted and I pulled Sungjae into the kitchen but let him go when I saw Peniel oppa.

“Oppa! Your food is the best!” I squealed and ran to give him a hug.

“Aish jinjja! You siblings are too much!” Ilhoon oppa snorted as he sat down.

“Yah!” I glared at him but he ignored me.

“But seriously, you should come to our dorm more often instead of just once a week. The mood here livens up whenever you’re around,” Eunkwang oppa smiled.

“Or you can just stay here, since your dorm is upstairs only,” Changsub oppa mumbled, mouth full of food.

“Yah yah! Don’t talk with your mouth full! It’s rude! Plus we have a girl here!” Eunkwang oppa scolded.

“She’s just Peniel’s sister,” He shrugged and continued chewing his food under Eunkwang oppa’s glare.

“And no, she’s not allowed to stay here. With the 6 of you? I don’t feel safe,” Peniel oppa scoffed.

The 6 of them groaned and I giggled. After dinner, Minhyuk oppa volunteered to accompany me back to the dorm although it was just a few floors away. I told him I could go back on my own but he insisted, saying I might get kidnapped on the way.

‘Kidnap? Seriously? Does he still think I’m a kid? Why is he like Yoseob oppa?’ I sighed.

It was awkward with just the 2 of us alone in the lift and suddenly I was wishing Sungjae was here instead of Minhyuk oppa but he was too engrossed in his ipad to even pay attention to his surroundings. I was relieved when we finally reached my dorm and I banged the door open, only to see Beast oppas with the girls in the living room.

“Annyeong!” I smiled brightly.

“Back from your brother’s?” Gayun unnie asked and I nodded.

They had known the next day, when Peniel oppa asked if we wanted to have breakfast together. I turned to Minhyuk oppa who was still standing by the door and asked if he wanted to come in. he shrugged his shoulders and closed the door behind him.

I went back to my room and put down my things and was about to change into my Welcome To Beast Airline t-shirt and trackpants when someone spoke.

“Is this you? You look so different!”

I jumped, which caused me to knock my leg against the edge of the table and I winced in pain.

“Yah! Can you don’t scare me like that? I was about to cha-“ I spun round to glare at the person, only to find that it was Minhyuk oppa.

“M-minhyuk oppa? What are you doing inside here?! I thought you were supposed to be outside!” I hissed.

“You weren’t outside either, and you haven’t answered my question,” He shrugged.

“I was going to put down my things and change before going out!” I glared at him. “And put that down!”

I turned back to rub my leg, which by now had a bruise.

“Or else what?”

“Or else-“ I spun to face him but was shocked to see his face just inches away from mine.

“Or else?” He smirked and moved closer.

“M-minhyuk o..oppa.. too c..close,” I stammered and tried to move away from him, disregarding the fact that I was blushing.

I forgot I left my bag on the floor and I tripped over it as I was backing away from him. I lost my balance and fell backwards but he grabbed me by the waist. Just when I thought everything would be okay, he just had to lose his balance as well.

‘ARE YOU THIS WEAK!?!’ OR DID YOU DO IT ON PURPOSE!!?' I screamed in my mind.

We both landed on my bed miraculously, with him on top of me. For some reason, my heart was beating very fast, way too fast for my liking.  Plus the fact that we were now in a very awkward position but he still wasn’t moving away. And I was surprised at myself for not pushing him away. He looked into my eyes and leant in closer. I swore if he just came closer he would have heard my heart beating at an abnormally fast rate.

“What the hell do you think you are doing!?!”


Uh-oh. who caught them? And yeah everything's fine with seobbie already and she's realized that he was her puppy love all along ^^ i wonder who she'll end up with hmm..