Chapter 23

Dreams. Will they ever come true?

~My POV~

I stepped into Cube Café and spotted him immediately. I could never miss him even in a crowd. He has always been there for me, at my happiest times and worst times as well. I smiled and slowly made my way towards him as silently as possible. When I got nearer I flung my arms around his neck and hugged him.

“Oppa! I missed you!!”

“I missed you too dongsaeng ah~” He hugged me back.

I let go of him and took the place beside him. As I did so, I became aware that girls in the café were looking at me with surprised and shocked faces, or was that jealousy? I shrugged it off and faced my oppa.

“What were you so busy with that you didn’t contact me for so long?” I pouted and he leant in forward to kiss my forehead.

“Aigoooo don’t be mad, it’s not very convenient for me to talk here so follow me arasso?” He whispered and pulled me upstairs.

“Wait.. Are you sure you’re allowed to go upstairs?” I was worried that he might be caught by the staff. Even if I was with him, it doesn’t change the fact that he was just an outsider to the company.

‘I thought the studio rooms and facilities upstairs were allowed to be used by us trainees, Cube artistes and the staff only?’

As we climbed the stairs, a blonde guy walked past and oppa stopped to talk to him.

“Hyung, do you mind getting the rest of them to the room? It’s easier if I introduce her with all of you there”

“Arasso, we’ll be there in a minute” He looked at me and smiled before leaving.

Wait what room? Introduce me? And who was that? I’ve never seen him before. Don’t tell me..

“Oppa, wh-“

“Don’t ask so much, you’ll know later,” He grinned and led the way to the room.

-In the room with oppa and six other really hot and cute guys-

“Born to Beat! Annyeonghaseyo BTOB imnida!”

My jaw dropped in surprise.

“Oppa, you.. you’re in a boy group?! Why did I not know about it! And since when did Cube have a new group that I didn’t know about?” I turned to face him.

“See? I told you she wouldn’t know about this,” Peniel oppa turned to a guy whose hair looked like it was styled heavily using wax and hairspray and said smugly.

“Whatever hyung. Annyeonghaseyo Jung Ilhoon imnida!”

“Annyeonghaseyo you imnida!” I nodded and added on out of curiosity, “Are you the main rapper by any chance?”

“Bwoh!? How did you know?” Ilhoon was surprised.

“Because you- Ani, I was just making a guess,” I bit my lip, hoping he wouldn’t probe further.

‘Of course I couldn’t tell you you remind me of Junhyung oppa right’

I could tell he wasn’t really convinced by my answer but thank goodness he didn’t ask any further.

“Oh I knew you wouldn’t be paying much attention to the news since you don’t bother to do so like always. We’re under Cube DC, which is a sub-label of Cube Entertainment. We just debuted last week. That’s why I didn’t have the time to contact you~ And you. Why didn’t you reply to my message huh?” Peniel oppa turned to me and said.

“Wait what message? And no wonder umma and appa didn’t stop me from leaving when I went back to pack my stuff. I bet they already knew you were debuting soon that was why they didn’t have any reason to stop me from following in your footsteps. Am I the only one who doesn’t know?” I frowned.

“This.”

I took a look at his phone and gasped. I had no idea that random message with a heart shape at the end was sent by oppa!

“Yah you didn’t say who you were, how was I supposed to know that was you? And I was under the impression you were still at Japan having fun,” I pouted.

“Gwenchana~ Aren’t I here right now?” He smiled and continued, “Yes and no. Everyone in Cube knew we debuted recently but they didn’t know about our relationship except for CEO nim and I asked him to keep it a secret from you. I was worried the rest would say something but it was a relief they didn’t,” Peniel oppa ruffled my hair as he said that.

“Oppa my hair! It’s messy already!” I complained.

“Ne ne. Guys, this is my dongsaeng, you” He introduced me to the BTOB members.

“Annyeonghaseyo Seo Eunkwang imnida! I’m the leader and main vocalist of BTOB,” The blonde guy from before smiled at me.

‘Omo he’s so cute when he smiles. He doesn’t look as fierce as compared to Dujun oppa’ I smiled

“Annyeonghaseyo Lee Minhyuk imnida! I’m the visual maknae,” a guy with bangs-like hair winked at me.

A commotion started at once.

“Hyung don’t even try to flirt with my dongsaeng! None of you should are allowed to hit on her!”

“No you’re not hyung! I’m the maknae and I look the youngest too!”

I giggled at the cute guy and he looked at me.

“Annyeonghaseyo Yook Sungjae imnida! Don’t listen to my hyung, I’m the maknae of BTOB! You can call me oppa if you like,” He grinned.

“Yah you crazy? She’s your noona! She’s only a year younger than me!” Peniel oppa cut in. “She can call Ilhoon oppa though”

“Andwae! That’s unfair!” Sungjae whined.

“I thought you were younger than Sungjae! You look really young you know. Oh mianhae, I forgot to introduce myself; Annyeonghaseyo Lim Hyunsik imnida! I’m the center of BTOB!” a guy with an impressive set of muscles greeted me.

“Hyung! Are you implying that I look old!?” Sungjae retorted and all of us burst into laughter.

“Ah and the one laughing like crazy over there is Lee Changseob hyung,” Hyunsik pointed at a guy who was laughing hysterically at the maknae.

‘They seem like really nice people to hang out with,’ I looked at them turning the room into a war zone and smiled.


Am i dragging the story for too long? /sigh