Chapter 18

Dreams. Will they ever come true?

~My POV~

It was Yoseob oppa. But he wasn’t alone. A girl was with him, their fingers intertwined. I stared at the sight until the girl spoke and my gaze flickered to her. She was very pretty; she had long chocolate brown hair, yes I knew Yoseob oppa preferred girls with long hair but I had my reason for being in short hair. Her eyes and every feature were close to perfect, any guy would be mesmerized by her. Complete with what the chiffon toga dress she was wearing, she really looked like a goddess.

“Junhyung oppa! Nice to see you again!”

He simply nodded. She seemed to know Junhyung oppa too; was she a really good friend of Beast? Or was she actually Yoseob oppa’s girlfriend? Now that I think of it, he never did make it clear if he was single or attached. So was he attached all this while? I was dumb enough to actually believe he would like a girl like me. I had neither the looks nor talent, only a blind guy would fall for me. To think I actually thought our feelings for each other were mutual. Wake up please, you! Someone like me doesn’t deserve a person like Yoseob oppa. He deserves someone better, like the girl standing there. I fought hard to prevent my tears from forming.

“Um, let’s go somewhere else,” Yoseob oppa said without looking at me and pulled her along.

“Ne~ Junhyung oppa, see you later!” She flashed a smile at Junhyung oppa before leaving.

I felt as if I was stabbed in the heart with a knife; it was really pain, pain to the point that it was unbearable.

~Junhyung POV~

‘Yang Yo Seob, what did you just do?! She was the one who decided to leave you to pursue her dream that day and asked you to wait for her no matter how long it takes? I thought you said that you didn’t want to wait for her anymore and to forget her but now when she’s back you go all soft and get back with her again? What about you? Did you not like her or were you just treating her as a replacement all this while?’

I turned to look at you after they left; her face was devoid of any emotion, only her red eyes betrayed the fact that she was sad, or even devastated. She put down my breakfast and started to make her way out of the room.

“Yah where are you going?” I shouted after her.

“It’s none of your business! Why should you care anyway? I don’t want to see you!” She screamed back and I saw tears flowing down her cheeks before she ran off.

Her last sentence hit me hard.

“Of course I care.. Because I like you.. But you’ll never notice me, not when seobbie is around..” I whispered.

I sighed and picked up the things that were scattered all over the floor before I went to find you. I went to the place where we first made snow angels together but she wasn’t there.

‘Why would I even think this place meant something to her?’

I sighed and went to the place where she was most likely to be; their usual hangout. And I was right. She was sitting on the swing alone, crying. I was about to walk to her when her words began ringing in my head.

‘I don’t want to see you!’

I stopped in my tracks and just watched her from afar. I really had no idea what I should do. It was kind of funny, when I think of how me, the mighty Junhyung can be at a loss at what to do just because of a girl.

“I don’t care if she doesn’t want to see me, I just don’t want her to carry on like this. She mustn’t let her feelings get the better of her. She’s an idol-to-be”

I made up my mind and walked up to her. She looked up at me and I saw that her eyes were puffy and red.

“I thought I said I didn’t want to see you? Why are you here again!”

“Listen, you should control your own feelings. Remember what you’re here for! Is it worth it to throw away your dream just because of a guy?”

“But he’s not just any guy! He was my first crush! He was the one who shaped my dream of being a singer and dancer!”

I was at a loss for words after hearing that. I had no idea the place seobbie had in her heart was so much. Seemed like no one would be able to replace him in her heart. Why must he be the one she cares so much for? Why can’t it be someone else?

I already braced myself for another round of scolding but surprisingly, she didn’t do so. Instead, she hugged me and cried. I was surprised, mostly because she was still mad at me a second ago, and now she’s hugging me as if nothing happened. I really don’t get how girls think at times. I sighed and just patted her while she cried.

After some time she fell asleep. Poor thing, crying herself to sleep. My shirt was soaked in her tears but I couldn’t just leave her here alone. I couldn’t bring her back to her dorm as well because I’m sure the girls would be mad at seobbie and she wouldn’t have wanted them to see her like this. My dorm was off limits too as I think I would most probably give seobbie a hard punch when I see him.

“Guess it’s back in the practice room again,” I sighed and carried you bridal style back to cube.


Okay, i know my updates are getting shorter and shorter right. /sigh/ sorry! im really trying my best to not make this boring >< think im not doing a good job huh ㅜㅜ mianhae~