Chapter 10

Dreams. Will they ever come true?

~My POV~

you right? Should we get going?” Lee Joon turned to me and asked.

I nodded and followed him to the entrance.

“So which attraction do you want to go on first?”

“Um, I haven’t been here before so..” I mumbled.

“Jinjja? Ahh I forgot you’re not local! Mianhae,” Lee Joon replied apologetically.

“.. Arasso, follow me! First stop is that!” He sounded enthusiastic all of a sudden and pointed at an attraction.

I turned towards the direction he pointed and my heart sank.

‘Of all things why did he choose this?! Omg, what did I get myself into?!’

Worse thing was, Gayun unnie bought the express ticket for us, meaning we could ‘cut’ the  queue but we had to pay a much higher price for the ticket. I stopped at the front of the queue suddenly and Lee Joon turned back.

“What, are you scared?” Lee Joon teased.

“Aniyo!” I stomped into the haunted house without waiting for him and I could hear him laughing.

As soon as I stepped into the haunted house, I regretted my actions. It was pitch dark inside and I couldn’t even see my own hands when I placed them in front of me. That was how dark the interior was. I gulped and studied my surroundings. I saw miniature lights lighting the sides of the pathway and followed the route.

“Yah! Wait for me!” Lee Joon shouted from behind me.

‘Yeah right. I’m going to walk as fast as possible and get this over with’ I took a deep breath and continued walking.

As I turned the corner, just as I was thinking I was quite lucky because there were no ghosts or monsters or whatever out to scare me, a ‘corpse’ dropped down in front of me from above. Needless to say, I screamed at the top of my voice and backed away from the ‘corpse’ before I sat down on the floor covering my eyes.

“Yah what’s wrong?!” Lee Joon heard my scream and ran as fast as he could, only to see me sitting a few steps away from the ‘corpse’.

He immediately understood what happened and squat down beside me, trying to calm me down.

“Pabo.. Why didn’t you say that you’re scared of this? You could have told me you know.. But it’s too late to back out now so just stay close to me okay?” Lee Joon said in a soothing voice and patted my head.

I nodded and followed him. Throughout the walk I was clinging onto him tightly, trying not to open my eyes for fear of seeing something scary again. After some time we finally reached the end and I could see light not far ahead. I broke free from him and ran all the way into the sunlight.

“Yah! You watch out!” I hissed at him when we were both outside.

“Bwoh?! After what I did inside, I can’t believe you’re threatening me now,” He sighed.

“Ne ne.. Like I care,” I rolled my eyes and looked around.

My eyes lit up when I saw bumper cars and I pulled him towards the queue.

“This? I can’t be seen playing this!” He complained but needless to say, I didn’t care and made him go on the ride with me.

I got my revenge by ramming my car into his since he couldn’t maneuver it as well as I could. Just when I was enjoying myself, I heard screams erupting from within the playing grounds.

‘Oh great. Just great. They noticed Lee Joon oppa? We’re not going to enjoy ourselves later’

After the round ended, Lee Joon was even faster; he already pulled me and ran to god knows where but since he seemed to know his way, I just let him be. By the time we stopped, there were no sign of his fans anywhere and I realized we were at a roller coaster ride queue. We spent the rest of the time on different attractions and had lunch at an eatery. I must say, his fans were all really nice and considerate; the most they did was to ask for a photo and autograph, none of them stalked us and I was really thankful for that. I don’t think I can take it if hordes of people followed us everywhere lol.

Soon it was 4.45pm and we started to make our way back to the entrance since LotteWorld was so big and I didn’t want to be the last to reach and make everyone wait for us.

“I didn’t know you were so into rides like roller coasters but scared of things like haunted house.” Lee Joon rolled his eyes.

“Yah oppa! Stop talking about the haunted house!” I protested and he laughed.

Fortunately, we weren’t the last ones; Gayun unnie and G.O oppa were the latest surprisingly. When they turned up, all of us glared at them and complained that we were hungry.

“Gayun ah, where are we going for dinner? You said you already planned for us?” Lee Joon asked his dongsaeng.

“Secret~” Gayun smirked and all of us groaned.

We all climbed into the van and the guys kept making wild guesses on where we were going to have dinner. I finally had spare time to check my phone since it would seem like a spoilsport if I kept checking my phone when playing earlier on. I pulled out my phone and was surprised when I saw my screen.

’45 messages and 26 missed calls’

‘Who could it be?’

I opened my inbox and smiled. Yoseob oppa spammed me with texts asking where I was, if I had eaten, what was I doing, etc. I chuckled as I imagined him pouting and complaining when I didn’t reply his texts. I scrolled through my missed calls; almost all of it was from Yoseob oppa except for 1 unknown number. I thought it might be from the company so I called back.

“Yoboseyo?”

‘This voice sounds really really familiar..’

“Yoboseyo?” The person on the other line repeated.

“Ne.. Did someone call earlier?” I asked.

“Yah don’t you recognize your oppa’s voice?” I heard a smirk on the other end.

‘Not good.. I think I have an idea who it is..’ I groaned silently.

“Junhyung oppa?”

“Bingo!”

“Arrgh what did you call me for! And how in the world did you get my number?!” I shouted into my phone, earning stares by everyone in the van.

‘Oops’

“Because I’m a genius~ And I thought you might have missed your oppa but too shy to show it so I decided to call you first” He laughed.

“In your dreams! I’m going to have dinner with the girls and MBLAQ so if you’ll excuse me” I hissed and hung up.

‘Ahh was I too harsh to him?’ I silently cursed at myself.

~Yoseob POV~

‘It’s already dinner time but she still hasn’t replied me. Should I wait for her outside her dorm? No one seems to be in..’

“Yoboseyo?”

I turned to see who it was and saw junnie on the phone with someone. I know it’s bad to eavesdrop but I couldn’t help it since he was talking so loud. My heart sank when I realized the person on the other end was you. So she had time to call junnie but no time to even reply my texts?

“Junnie! Who was that on the phone?” I shouted when he hung up, hoping that it wasn’t as I thought.

you-sshi. She hung up on me!” He replied in disbelief. “No girl ever hangs up on me!”

“Oh..” I mumbled.

“Seobbie ah, you jealous?” Junhyung hyung sidled up beside me.

“A-aniyo!” I couldn’t tell him the truth could I?

“Yeah right,” He rolled his eyes and continued.

“You can just wait till she comes back from dinner with the girls and MBLAQ you know~” He patted my head and went back to his room.

‘MBLAQ? Why are the girls hanging out with them?’ I wondered and went out of the dorm to wait.