Chapter 26

Dreams. Will they ever come true?

~My POV~

“Oppa! Open the door! I know you’re there!” I banged on BTOB’s dorm door furiously, luggage strewn all over the entrance.

“O-“

The door opened, but the person standing there was someone unexpected.

“M-minhyuk oppa?”

“Yah you trying to destroy the door? I didn’t know a girl like you had such strength” He eyed my hand suspiciously.

“Is Peniel oppa in?” I quickly put down my hand and asked meekly.

“Ne. He’s in his room, and what’s up with all the luggage?”

“Oh, I’ll just put them inside for the time being. I’ll carry them up to my dorm later, after I’m done talking with oppa” I started to carry the luggage.

“It’s okay, leave it I’ll carry them for you,” He said and stopped me from carrying them on my own.

His hands brushed past mine and I felt as if I just got an electric shock. I quickly ran to find oppa, afraid to let Minhyuk oppa see my blushing cheeks.

‘Ani ani.. What am I thinking?’ I shook my head furiously as I made my way to oppa’s room. ‘And why did I feel kind of.. guilty?’

*knock knock*

“Come in!”

I pushed open the door and saw Peniel oppa and Sungjae in the room. Sungjae’s face lit up when he saw me and ran to give me a hug.

“Noonaaaaaaaaaa!”

“Sungjae-ah, I.. can’t breathe!”

“Oops mianhae noona! I was too happy to see you~” He let me go and smiled that smile I loved so much.

‘This boy.. Always so cheerful’ I smiled unknowingly.

“Aigoo Sungjae-ah, you mind leaving us alone for a while? I have something to talk to oppa”

He pouted but still left us to talk nonetheless.

“So.. What happened?” Peniel oppa finally gave me his full attention once Sungjae was gone.

-Flashback-

“Hey isn’t she the who joined cube so she can flirt with beast oppas?”

“I heard that her brother is Peniel oppa of BTOB, do you think she’s making it up?”

 “Oppas won’t ever like her. What is she as compared to HyunA? Only blind people will like her”

“She’s never going to debut. Maybe when she does, it’s when she’s 30? Hahaha”

“She’s just an adopted kid. Even her real parents don’t want her. Will cube want someone like her? Who knows what she’s hiding”

-End of flashback-

“Should I leave?” I sighed and ruffled my hair in frustration.

“Leave.. ? Why? I thought you loved being here? Wasn’t that why you joined in the first place?” Peniel oppa looked at me.

“Yeah.. But.. I admit, the reason why I wanted to join cube in the first place was because of.. Yoseob oppa..” I mumbled.

“Even so, do you dare say that you’ve never loved dancing and singing? Okay, maybe not singing but what about dancing? I heard from mum that you would dance every night after finishing all your work, even though you might have been tired from all the schoolwork. Are you willing to throw away your hard work just because of what people say?” He placed his hands on my shoulders.

“Look at me”

I looked at him reluctantly, and saw worry and sadness reflected in his eyes. Wait, I could understand why he was worried, but sadness?

“I really don’t know what to do anymore..” I sighed.

“Don’t worry, I’ll always be here for you. No matter what decision you make, remember that I’ll always support you” He hugged me tight.

“Gomawo oppa! I love you!” I hugged him back. “Can I stay over for the night? I need some time away from them..”

He nodded and brought me outside to the living room where the others were watching TV. Sungjae was the first one to notice me as usual and immediately put down his ipad.

“Hyung, is it okay if she stays over tonight? Since she came back 2 days early”

The room turned chaotic all of a sudden.

 “Definitely!”

“Omg yes!”

“Of course!”

“YES!”

“I want to sleep with you noona!”

That earned him a hit on the head by Eunkwang oppa.

“Mind your words!” He glared at Sungjae while he pouted and rubbed his head.

“Why did you let her stay over all of a sudden? I thought you didn’t feel safe leaving her with the 6 of us?” Changsub oppa smirked.

 “First off, I still don’t feel safe but she wanted to stay over so I couldn’t do anything about it. Second, Sungjae, you’re not going to sleep with her. Either you sleep on your own bed or you’re going to end up on the sofa you’re sitting at now”

The rest of BTOB roared in laughter with the exception of the maknae, who was pouting and showing a sad expression.

“Waeyo hyung? I won’t do anything to her I promise!” He pleaded with his puppy eyes.

“Why are you so adamant on this? And don’t think that puppy eyes of yours are going to help..” But Peniel oppa seemed to be wavering already.

Sungjae didn’t do anything except to look at Peniel oppa with those puppy eyes of his and he gave in in the end.

“Arasso arasso. Don’t try anything weird okay? And anyway if you did, I would know firsthand since we’re sharing a room together anyway,” He sighed.

“Yay! I’m going to sleep with noona!” Sungjae skipped around happily.

“Sungjae-ah, that sounded very wrong in case you didn’t know,” Eunkwang oppa stared at the maknae and shook his head while I giggled at his childishness.

At night, I wondered why I even agreed to it in the first place.

“Aish jinjja! Although I like him, it feels weird to be sleeping with him instead of Peniel oppa!” I mumbled as I sat upright on the bed carefully, not wanting to wake up the maknae who was sleeping peacefully with a smile on his face.

“How I wish I could sleep like you.. Without worries or anything..” I looked at him and sighed.

I got off the bed silently and made my way outside to the balcony to get some fresh air and plugged in my headphones to listen to my ipod.

“ajik nan neol itji motago modeungeol da mitji motago
ireoke neol bonaeji motago oneuldo

dasi mandeureobolge uri iyagi kkeutnaji anke aju ginagin
salgacheul pago seumyeodeuneun sangsilgameun jamsi mudeodulge
saero sseo naeryeoga sijageun haengbokhage utgo inneun neowa na
nega nal tteonaji motage baegyeongeun chulguga eomneun jobeun bang an

amureochi anke nege kiseuhago dalkomhan neoui gyeoteul tteonagajil motae
urin kkeuchiraneungeon eobseo

ireoke nan tto (Fiction in Fiction)
itji motago (Fiction in Fiction)
nae gaseum soge kkeutnaji anheul iyagil sseugo isseo
neol butjabeulge (Fiction in Fiction)
nochi anheulge (Fiction in Fiction in Fiction)
kkeutnaji anheun neowa naui iyagi sogeseo oneuldo in Fiction

jigeum yeogin haengbokhan iyagideulbakke eobseo
neomu haengbokhan uri dulmanui iyagiga ireoke (hyeonsilgwaneun dareuge)
sseo isseo jeomjeom chaewojigo isseo

neoneun naegero dallyeowaseo angigo
pum ane angin neoreul naneun jeoldae nochi motae
urin kkeuchiraneungeon eobseo

ireoke nan tto (Fiction in Fiction)
kkeunchi motago (Fiction in Fiction)
nae gaseum soge kkeutnaji anheul iyagil sseugo isseo
neol butjabeulge (Fiction in Fiction)
nochi anheulge (Fiction in Fiction in Fiction)
kkeutnaji anheun neowa naui iyagi sogeseo oneuldo in Fiction

dasi han beon deo malhajiman
jigeum neoneun nae yeope itdago geureoke mitgo isseo nan
(hajiman Fiction)

nan mokjeogeul irheobeorin jakga i soseorui
kkeuteun eotteoke mamuri jieoya hae
saranghae saranghae saranghae saranghae saranghae i se geuljaman
sseo naeryeoga mudyeojin pen nunmullo eollukjin nalgeun jongi wiro
haengbokhal sudo seulpeul sudo eobseo i iyagineun

jigeum nan neomunado haengbokhan saenggage iyagireul sseujiman
modeunge baramil ppunirago yeojeonhi

nan haengbokhangeol (Fiction in Fiction in Fiction)
uri hamkkeingeol (Fiction in Fiction in Fiction)
ije sijagingeol (Fiction in Fiction in Fiction)
kkeuteun eomneungeol (Fiction in Fiction in Fiction)”

“Saranghae saranghae saranghae saranghae saranghae” I whispered as the song ended.

‘What am I thinking?! Of all lyrics I had to say that?! That was Junhyung oppa’s part..’ I facepalmed myself and switched songs immediately.

I searched through my ipod and smiled when I saw Irresistible Lips on the screen. I selected it and the familiar tune started playing. Without knowing it, I was singing along with the song. Somehow, tears started to form in my eyes as I got to the chorus. I had closed the balcony door so that they wouldn’t be woken up by my singing in the middle of the night so I didn’t realize someone had been watching me all this while. As much as I tried to hide the fact that what happened that night didn’t really affect me, my body reacted on its own instinct when someone suddenly hugged me from behind.

I screamed.


i just realized my description is not that great so i'm trying to end this fic early and start writing another one but posting it only when it's done so i can update 1 chapter per day :/ and im missing btob alot T_T it's been slightly more than a week since i last saw them /sigh