Chapter 35

I Hate Alphas!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junsu POV

I am not expecting to actually see him here, in the audition, hold on. Does he even know that I am auditioning as the model in this commercial? I quickly put a smile on my face, as there are other judges that are really familiar with me, mainly Chanyeol hyung and also Yunho hyung, as Ha-Neul has been playing with Hee-Young quite often. “Kim Junsu, have you read through the script that we gave to you in the early time?” I nod my head, “Yes, I have read through the script and memorize my lines as well.”

Joon-Gi: We also want to see you put your own ad-libs, either in lines or actions for the commercial. Do you think you can do it?

Junsu: I would do my very best. Although I have never been in commercials before, I have experienced being a barista.

Joon-Gi: I’m sure that you can do well as a barista, but let’s see how well you can act too.

I just put another smile on my face, even though my mind and heart is actually in mess right now, due to being in the same room with him, and not to mention his scent keeps making my heart beat faster. Though the doctor mentioned that I would not experience heat like an omega, but the only difference between my second gender, I would be able to conceive with a higher percentage, if I do meet my compatible fated pair, which is the alpha. I could feel myself getting breathless, as he stepped closer towards me.

Nobody POV

[From here, it’s the audition process of the commercial]

The ambience of the cafe is quite peaceful, while the decoration makes the place more friendly and instagrammable, as what the modern society likes right now. Light jazz saxophone music fills in the entire cafe, as the owner hums to the melody while he prepares for the cafe opening, from the dessert, the coffee maker, etc. He has been requesting for a part-timer to come to work in the cafe, however, none are suitable until today’s date, cause they are just here to seduce the owner, as he is quite a handsome young man.

While he is still doing the final checking of the coffee presser and milk froth, the door of the cafe is open and the bell chimes in as the customer walks into the cafe. “Welcome to Haru Cafe. I’m Joon Gi, what would you like to order for today?” The customer smiles as he looks on the menu before he looks at Joon Gi, “I would like to have iced caramel macchiato with butter croissant set.” Joon Gi is appearing calm on his outer appearance, but he can feel his heartbeat thumps slightly louder when he makes eye contact with the customer. “Joon Gi-ssi, are you alright?” The customer waves his hands as he is confused on why Joon Gi has not replied to him yet. “Oh sorry, I was lost in my own thoughts. Let me repeat your order, 1 iced caramel macchiato and butter croissant, will that be all?” He nods his head, “Yes, that will be all.” He looks around the cafe, “There are lots of people in this cafe, as I notice the increase of the popularity of your cafe on Instagram. Why are you working by yourself, Joon Gi-ssi, if you don’t mind me asking this?” Joon Gi would like to let out a deep sigh, but he holds it back as he thought of another customer who is trying to flirt with him or something like that. Joon Gi receives the card from the customer as he makes the payment, “I am the only owner of this cafe, truth be told, I have been looking for a part-timer to help on the workload, but until today, I still not able to find the right person yet.”

His eyes sparkle as he hears Joon Gi mention about finding a part-timer, “If that’s alright with you, I would like to apply as a part-timer in your cafe. I have experience as a barista, when I did a part-time job during my university time at Miracle Coffee shop.” Joon Gi raises one of his eyebrows as he looks at the customer, “Well, how about you give it a try to make a coffee for a customer later on, and if you pass the test, I will hire you immediately to work here.” He chuckles lightly as he extends his hand towards Joon Gi, “I will accept the challenge as a barista. Let me introduce myself, I’m Kim Junsu, 21 years old and have a high passion to become a top barista in the future.” Joon Gi chuckles as he shakes Junsu's hand, “Nice to meet you, Junsu-ssi. Please have your coffee and bread first, and once you are done, we will start the test.” He shakes his head, “I can eat the bread later, can I do the test now, as I see the line is starting to get longer.” Junsu looks behind him as Joon Gi just realizes how long is the queue right now, and he will need help to complete this rush hour. “Put your bags below the counter here and wear this apron and I will be watching over you while I take the order from the customers, understand?” Junsu places the bags immediately on the counter and wears the apron, “Ne, I understand. Welcome to Haru Cafe!” Junsu says excitedly as he heads over to the barista counter and starts to make the order that Joon Gi has placed on the counter.

The customers are asking Joon Gi, if it’s okay for them to take pictures of him and Junsu, as they want to promote this cafe in their SNS account. Joon Gi agrees immediately as World of Mouth from customers are always a free marketing tool for him. When he looks over Junsu, the way he makes the coffee, his gesture, postures, everything makes him have a strong attraction and interest towards the guy. He places one of his hands on top of his heart and asks in his mind to calm down, as it keeps thumping louder and faster, when he looks at Junsu, as if he falls in love at the first sight with this customer/part-timer. At that exact moment, Junsu turns to look at him as he smiles brightly at Joon Gi, “I finished the last order from the customer, how was the feedback of the coffee, Joon Gi-ssi?” Joon Gi notices that Junsu lips have the stain of the caramel, as he takes a sip of his own coffee. Joon Gi fingers rubs away the caramel on Junsu’s lips without realizing it as he takes those fingers on his own lips to away the caramel.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter