Chapter 9

I Hate Alphas!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong POV

“Good morning, Baek...hyun…” I blinked as I could see Baekhyun is wearing a big hoodie, which he hardly does, as he always makes sure his fashion is on point. “Are you alright?” He nods as he comes closer to me and wraps his arms around me. “I’m sorry for not being able to visit you at the hospital again, as my… Estrus period was here…” I hug him back and pat his back gently, “Don’t worry about it. But don't you feel hot wearing this type of hoodie in hot weather like this?” He pulls away and pouts, “That idiot makes way too many marks on so many visible areas, and I have no choice but to cover myself like this for awhile.” I blush slightly as I cough awkwardly, “Oh, Baekhyun! Can you tell me what type of… coffee does Y...Yunh...Yunho-ssi like?” Baekhyun eyes widen when I ask this question, “I mean, I… I invite him for a coffee here later at 5pm, once my shift is over… I mean, it’s not a date, I told him that I need to buy him a coffee because of what he did before, as a… yes! As a thank you drink…?” I keep blabbering as I start to get more flustered and I notice Baekhyun's face starts to get slightly pale, I wave my hand in front of him, “Baekhyun? Gwenchanayo?” He opens his mouth and closes it back before opening it again, “Y...You invite him to our cafe? D… Did you tell him that you work here?” I shake my head, as far as I remember I only told him to come and meet me here, “But knowing Yunho hyung… He might know about this by now.” I could not catch what Baekhyun said, as he spoke with a very low voice.

Suddenly, he claps his hands together, “Alright! We won’t just die yet, but let me teach you to make his favorite coffee and also his favorite smoothies. I just nod my head and follow him to the barista bar to start making the coffee for trial, while we are waiting for the store to open up. During lunch time, I receive a message from Yunho-ssi, Good afternoon, Jaejoong-ssi. What are you having for your lunch today? And I could not wait to see you soon. I smile as I read the message and look around to make sure none see what I just did, Good afternoon, Yunho-ssi. I’ve been telling you to call me Jae, as you are older than me. I’m having salmon onigiri today for lunch. I hope you have a great lunch as well. I sent that, I mean… I don’t know what to feel about him yet, my fear for alpha male has not subsidised yet, but what Yunho does to me, even by text messages for these past weeks, have slowly change my perception on him, but that judgement will come by today, as finally, I’m going to face him again. That will not be enough for you, you need to eat more to have more energy! This is what I’m eating today, sandwiches, as I have another meeting with clients soon. And if you want me to call you Jae, you have to call me Hyung. Otherwise, until then, I will keep calling you with Jaejoong-ssi. I munch on my onigiri in a big bite as I puff my cheeks, how can I call him H...Hyung… I feel like my cheeks started to blush when I think of that word. I quickly shake my head and clear my throat, “Jaejoong, you should not give in so fast. Remember what happens if you trust an alpha male too fast.” I mumbles as I throw away the packaging, Then I will keep calling you that, Yunho-ssi. I eat 4 of those onigiris, so it should be fine. Hwaiting for your meeting and will see you later.

Before I want to open the door, suddenly it opens widely, “Oh Hyung! Mianhae, I did not know you were behind the door.” Junsu apologizes as he quickly checks on my forehead to make sure there’s no bump. I rub my forehead gently and smile, “It’s okay, Junsu-ah. I also did not focus when I walked towards the door. I thought you’re coming in at 5pm today?” He looked at his watch and then back to me, “My professor has just canceled the class for today, that’s why I requested Baekhyun Hyung to let me work longer today.” I hummed in response, “Go grab your lunch first, I'm done with mine. So I will take care of the customer for another 3 hours.” He nodded his head and went into the staff room to change and also eat his lunch, while I walked out to go back to the barista area and helped Chanyeol to make the coffee for the customer orders.

Chanyeol POV

I literally avoided Yunho today, as my last day of leave is until today’s date, and I especially don’t want to be killed by him yet, as Baekhyun told me what happened earlier in the morning. I let out a deep sigh as I made the coffee, and did not realize that Jae stood next to me. “Are you alright, Chanyeol?” I nearly dropped the cup but quickly got a grip of myself, “A.. Ah, Jaejoong… Yes, I’m fine, thank you. Since when have you stood there?” He started to make the customer order while talking to me, “I’m here since you let out that deep sigh. Chanyeol, you’re the first alpha male that I slowly … somehow… can get closer without fear… as my daughter also fonds of you. So, can you tell me honestly, what actually is happening? As Baekhyun showed the same reaction as you, if I mentioned Yunho-ssi's name.” I stopped whatever I was doing and laughed awkwardly, while scratching the non-existent head, “Nothing… Nothing really happened, don’t worry, Jae. Oh! Is your daughter coming to the store later? I want to make her the new recipe for the kid’s menu.” He sighed as he poured the coffee into the cup, “I’m sorry, if I invite Yunho-ssi to this store, as I thought you guys are his close friends, and I am more comfortable to stay in this cafe too, as you know about my fear towards people…” I cursed myself in my mind as I did not mean to make him feel this way, “I’m sorry, Jae… It’s not that we are not close to him… It’s just that, we have been keeping it out from him that you are working at this store…” He blinked his eyes as he looked at me confusedly, “And why hiding that information from him makes both of you react that way?” I sighed and looked at him with my puppy eyes, “He won’t punish us, as long as you, Jaejoong, is here to protect us.” He was caught by surprise as I could see his eyes were getting bigger, “Eh? A… Alright, if you say so…”

I excused myself when I saw Junsu was done with his lunch and now served the customers and taking order, I then pulled Baekhyun to follow me into the office room and locked the door. I immediately trapped him in between me and the door and leaned my head on his neck and sniffed in his scent to calm me down. Baek just caressed my back gently, “You know, you’re a child trapped in a tall, big, muscular body.” He chuckled lightly, “Stop teasing me, you know how scary Hyung can be when he punished people.” I pouted, “It’s okay, I will protect you from the punishment, trust me, as long as we explain to him the reason why we hide it, I am 100% sure he will understand about it.” I pulled away and tilted his chin to look deep into his eyes, “What about … that incident that happened 1 week ago, do you think he knew about it?” He shook his head, “I don’t know if he knows about it already or not. Because if he knew about it, he should be calling us already and asked us to meet him in the office, right?” I thought for a moment before nodding my head, “Yeah you’re right. Let’s just face it boldly.” He then pulled me down slightly and crashed his lips onto mine gently before pulling away. “Uri Channie, let’s get back to work. Junsu and Jaejoong will be overworked if we keep staying in the room.” I bit my lower lips as I wanted to continue to kiss him more, but oh well, I needed to hold back, I just ravished him for one whole week. Baekhyun dragged me back to the front and ordered me to help with Jaejoong for the drinks, while he and Junsu continued to serve the customers.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter