Chapter 33

I Hate Alphas!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunho POV

Today is the day to finally find out about Hee-Young’s role in this society, not to mention, we are going to also find out about our baby’s gender in the check up later. “Jung-nim… Jung-nim?” Chanyeol tries to nudge me a few times with his elbow, but I am still stuck with my own thoughts, and then he clears his throat, “Excuse me, Jung-nim. What’s your thoughts on the new business line that we collaborate recently with Byun’s business? We are thinking of investing in the packaging and getting one or two celebrities to endorse this.” I snap out of my thoughts and remember that I am currently still in the board meeting and this is the very first time that I am not able to stay focused. “I would like to apologize for not staying focused. As for the business line, I’m quite happy in terms of where we are right now, but about the endorsement, we select the right celebrity, as I don’t want anything to happen like before.”

Previously, we made a deal with an entertainment, that we were offering the deal for 6 months for the celebrity to endorse our brand. And when celebrities signed a deal to endorse, they were not allowed to even promote or be seen to use the other competitors brands. But the celebrity went on his insta live and promoted other competitor brands and said lots of crap in comparing our products and the competitors’ products. Though, we were still winning when this case almost being brought up to be settled in a legal way, but at the end of the time, that celebrity career just ended, cause it was not his first time to bring up trouble in the company.

“We have a few selections of the celebrities that we have filtered and here is the name list.” Chanyeol places the list in front of me, as I open the file to go through the name as well as the photo. My eyes caught a familiar face and name, “Isn’t this Junsu? Kim Junsu?” He nods his head, “He is a part-time model for certain clothing lines, and he has his own fanbase, even before he became a model. As he is not only a top class achiever in his semester, he is also popular with both male and female students.” I tap my fingers on the table as I look at his portfolio, “Well, I do not want to use our connection to hire him. We will do a fair and transparent audition with me, and also Byun’s representative as the judge. And as for who to go for the audition, apart from Junsu, I want each of the board of directors to choose too. Is that clear?” All the board of directors nod their head in agreement. “Alright, that’s all for today. And I hope to hear good news for our new upcoming business line for brewery with Park’s family. Meeting is dismissed.” Everyone stands up and bow their head to me as I walk out from the meeting room, and Chanyeol stays in the room, as he needs to discuss with the board of directors for the selection.

“Yunnie…” My lips curl up to a big smile, when I hear my baby’s voice as I enter my office. Truth to be told, I always feel anxious about leaving him alone in the penthouse, while I’m working at the hotel, and also, Jae is being more clingy, as he enters his 4th month of pregnancy, and I’m not complaining at all. He wraps his arms around my neck as he tiptoes and pecks my lips, “You say that the meeting will end at 11am sharp, but now is already 11.30am. Yunnie is a liarrrrr.” He whines as he pouts his lips, I chuckle lightly as I carry him up and sit on the sofa with him on my lap, “Sorry, baby Jae. There was a discussion that was being dragged on, as we were discussing the new business deal.” He lays his head on my shoulder as the tip of his nose rubs on my neck. “I see… Sorry, Yunnie… I did not mean to whine, it’s just that I… I feel better when you are really close with me, like right now… And I’m half nervous and excited to know about Hee-Young’s role and also our lil’ baby gender today.” I hum in response, “You do not need to say sorry to me, baby. I would love to always stay by your side every second for the rest of our lives. You must be tired too, as our parents are busy with our wedding planning, which will only happen after our lil’ baby is born. Are you sure that you do not need my help at all?” He shakes his head, “If I really need your help, I will let you know, but as much as possible, I want to make it as a surprise and hopefully you will like it when you see the final plan.” I kiss his forehead gently, “Whatever you want and do, I will love it no matter what.” He giggles as he hugs me tighter.

After a few moments, Chanyeol informs us that the driver is waiting at the lobby, and the rest of my schedule has been cleared off too. Chanyeol asks us to not worry about the business today, as he will be here fully for 1 whole day. Jae asks me to permit Baekhyun to be with Chanyeol at the office too, ever since, his pregnancy is now entering the mid of the 4th month, which I give the permission immediately, as they are like my own brothers. When we arrived at Hee-Young’s school, we could see all the parents are there, from all kinds of society, but I guess our presence attracted more attention, as not many have seen male omegas get pregnant. As we enter the classroom, Hee-Young waves her hands excitedly to us from her seat, as we sit next to her to talk with the teacher for the role reveal.

Teacher: Hi, I’m Hee-Young’s homeroom teacher. It’s nice to meet both of you, as her parents today.

Jaejoong: Are you, perhaps, the new teacher, who takes over Hee-Young’s class?

Teacher: Yes, and I would like to say that Hee-Young’s has been the smartest kid in the class, and also her social networks with other childrens are quite strong.

Hee-Young: Eomma, my best friend right now is Kim Ha-Neul, and Hee-Young loves to play together with him.

Yunho: Ha-Neul is Junsu’s nephew right?

Jaejoong: Yes, we talk about this now, Yunnie. /whisper/ One way or to another, they are still young, and if they are meant to be together one day, we will need to let them be too.

Yunho: /whisper/ I know, I’m not… you know, jealous or becoming protective… it’s just that my instinct as a father, I …

Teacher: /clears / I’m sorry to disturb your conversation, but we need to talk about Hee-Young’s role assignment, and also about her performance level and also the next step too.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter