Chapter 29 (Part 4)

I Hate Alphas!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The judge raises his hand to silence the courtroom, as the murmurs and whispers quite down. He clears his throat as he announces the result of the case for the alcohol and drugs abuse.

Judge A: Before I announce the final result for this case, is there anything else that the defendant would like to say, before the final decision is being announced?

Sun Woong: Thank you, Your Honor. I would like to re-check on the evidence wise, how will we know that the video is not being fabricated? As all of us know, the recent technologies are quite advanced and everything could be fabricated, even with the face, and also voice.

Judge A: Are you saying that the plaintiffs evidence is a fake one?

Sun Woong: No, Your Honor. I am not trying to say that the evidence is a fake one, but we would like to present the recording interviews of the staff in the clubs, to inform the truth behind this case, if I may.

Chang Wook: Your Honor, if I may speak as well, I would like to say that the evidence of the video and footage is not fabricated. Hence, if we may, we would like to present the witnesses and also the victim of this case.

Sun Woong: Your Honor, let me give you the recording file first, and I would like to request that to reconsider on the decision.

Judge A: Silence for both of you. Please give the recording to the court and also, please send the witnesses and victim to be on the stand.

Sun Woong gives the guard the file of the recording in regards to the staff, and Chang Wook invites the witnesses and the victim, which are 3 people in total. The recording of the staff interviews were in Japanese language, but it has been translated and presented on the screen.

[Recording]

Detective A: Please state your full name and also where are you working right now and for how long have you been working with Park Yoochun.

Staff 1: I’m Suzu Hirose, currently working as the bartender in the Club YC. I have been working with Park-sama for 3 years now.

Detective A: Can you tell me in detail on what happened on that particular night with the victim, Aoi?

Staff 1: That night, Aoi-san entered our club and he came towards the bar area and asked if someone's name, Shin Igami, had arrived in the bar. I told him that there's no such name coming into our bar tonight. And he looked lost on that particular day, but he decided to sit down on the bar and order whisky on the rock. I was hesitant at first, as I noticed that his scent itself showed his unmated omega and not too sure if he could even afford to enter the club. But as we always served every customer, I immediately made the drink and served it to him.

Detective A: After that, what happened?

Staff 1: He took a sip on the drink, but after that, his phone rang and after he was done with the call, he placed a few bills on the table and rushed out from the club. I saw that the bills were too much and was about to call him, but he accidentally bumped onto Park-sama’s shoulder.

Detective A: Oh, so what did Aoi and Park Yoochun’s do after that?

Staff 1: Aoi was upset and he shouted at Park-sama, and asked him to apologize. Park-sama immediately apologized to the customer and was about to go back to his office, but Aoi grabbed onto Park-sama’s shoulder and turned him around and shouted at him that Park-sama was being rude and not apologetic at all. When Park-sama was trying to explain to him what he can do to apologize further, Aoi-san raised his fist and hit Park-sama's cheek hard. And all of us, the staff, immediately jumped in to stop Aoi-san and also call the police to settle on this matter.

Detective A: Alright, thank you for your input and also for sharing what happened on that night. If there’s anything else, I will reach out to you again.

Staff 1: Thank you too. I hope Park-sama’s name could be clear from the acquisition, as we do not wish to lose him, as he is a really good leader for us.

The recording continued with another 2 - 3 more staff explaining the event that happened on that night, and all of them were saying the same thing again and again. And hence, that’s the reason why the case was closed on that night itself, as it’s more towards Aoi’s issue.

[Recording ended]

Silence fills the room, even Jae looks slightly uncomfortable and nervous after hearing from the recording, as both of them know that none of the information in the recording was true. Sun Woong looks calm on the outer appearance, whereas Yoochun’s face slowly gets the color back, while Boo Hyun is also thinking that whatever Chang Wook’s going to present would not work at all.

Judge A: This recording that you have submitted, are both the detective and the staff that being interviewed are present in the courtroom today?

Sun Woong: The detective has retired from the job, and he’s unable to join us, as he has passed away recently due to old age. However, Suzu Hirose would be able to present in the courtroom today.

Judge A: Very well. Bring her to the stand, and after that we will cross trial with Aoi Nakamura, the victim, and also the witnesses, who were recording and also presenting during the case on that night.

Sun Woong: Thank you, Your Honor. I would like to present to you, Suzu Hirose, to the stand.

A woman stands up from the courtside seating area and walks towards the stand, as she passes by both Sun Woong and Yoochun. Though, it’s just a split of second, Chanyeol and also Chang Wook notices the slight hands trembles, before she enters the stand.

Judge A: State your name and do the oath, before we do the questioning with you.

Suzu Hirose: I’m Suzu Hirose and I pledge myself on this stand today, that I will only speak the truth and fact, and will not speak any lies.

Judge A: You are quite fluent in our language, can I know if you are a mix or you learn it by yourself?

Suzu Hirose: It’s part of our requirement to speak Korean language, as when we started working in Club YC, it's mandatory to understand and speak fluent Korean, due to the customers/clients that we received were mixed of Japanese and Korean.

Judge A: Thank you for your explanation. We have heard about the recording earlier, and why only you are able to be presented today, how about the other 2 employees?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter