Chapter 15 – XV

t'aime une fois
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

BUSAN UNIVERSITY

 

“Jiyong?” Taeyeon asked surprised when she saw him at the office.

Jiyong also surprised after he saw Taeyeon.

After two years, this is his first time to meet her again. She's not changed a lot from their last meets, but he had to admit that she's become more beautiful in his eyes.

“Both of you know each other?” Seunghyun, Jiyong colleagues asked curiously when he saw both of them expressions.

“Yes, hyung. She’s Kim Taeyeon” Jiyong said to introduce to Seunghyun.

“Oh, hi…I’m Choi Seunghyun. Jiyong colleagues. We come from Japan as a speaker for business administrator,” Seunghyun said to introduce himself while he hand out his business card.

“Thank you” Taeyeon replied while she takes the card.

“So…you’re also here for the program?” Taeyeon asked Jiyong.

Jiyong nodded slowly while smiles.

“Great. By the way, the person that should in charge both of you is Miss Seo, but she's have a meeting. For now, I'm here to guide both of you. So, what do you want to know about the program?” Taeyeon asked.

“Oh, I thought you’re the person will guide us but it’s okay. Can we have the program schedule? Because the latest schedule that the company gives us didn’t match with yours” Seunghyun said while he brings out the file from the bag.

“Oh…wait up. I have to re-check the email.” Taeyeon replied while she opens her phone to see mail inbox.

Meanwhile, Jiyong who was speechless from the start just watched Taeyeon without blinking with mixed feelings. He just feels excited to see her that time but in the same way, he feels want to hug her to tell her how much he's miss her. Taeyeon aware with Jiyong behavior while she's there, but she's insist on ignoring his stares and try to make herself calm down.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

SEAFOOD RESTAURANT

 

After the meeting, suddenly Seunghyun asked to bring them nearby seafood restaurant because both of them didn't have time to each lunch. Taeyeon fulfill the request by bring them to the seafood restaurant near the university.

Now, the three of them are inside the restaurant while waiting for the foods. Jiyong is sitting in front of Taeyeon while Seunghyun besides him.

“So, Taeyeon-shi… how long have you been here?” Seunghyun asked.

“Hurm…it’s already two years” Taeyeon replied.

“Wow… Do you know any beach near here?” Seunghyun asked.

“Yeah… There are two beaches near here but if you want to see, more you have to go to Suyeong-gu area. There have a lot of hotels at that area.” Taeyeon replied.

“Sound great, hey, do you want to go there after the program?” Seunghyun asked Jiyong.

Jiyong didn’t answer him but his eyes are on Taeyeon face.

“Yah…why are you staring at her like that?” Seunghyun asked confused.

Jiyong startled when Seunghyun asked that while Taeyeon keep avoiding her eyes from Jiyong.

“Hyung, I think I need to go to washroom,” Jiyong said to exceses himself before he leaves the table.

After Jiyong leave, Seunghyun look at Taeyeon with suspicious before he asks

“Did both of you have a bad memories together?”

“Huh?” Taeyeon asked blankly.

“His behave strangely when he saw you. That's not him.” Seunghyun said while keep staring at Taeyeon.

“What are you saying. We’re fine. Besides, I know him because he’s samchon of my students,” Taeyeon replied while chuckles awkwardly.

“Oh, I see…So, you know his family?” Seunghyun asked.

Taeyeon nodded while smiles.

Moment later, the waiter already bring the food for them. While waiting for Jiyong, Seunghyun capture the foods picture using his phone and Taeyeon is sitting there with uneasy feelings.

 

 

 

“Thank you, Taeyeon-shi for the guide. I think we should go back to hotel,” Seunghyun said after they walk out from the restaurant.

“It’s okay. I’m glad to meet you,” Taeyeon replied.

“So, do you want us to send you back?” Seunghyun asked.

“Oh…no…it’s okay. My home just nearby” Taeyeon replied.

“Okay, thanks’ again” Seunghyun said while smiling.

“My pleasure” Taeyeon replied.

After that, they’re separate to go back to their place. Taeyeon turn to the right meanwhile Jiyong and Seunghyun turn to the left.

 

 

 

Taeyeon is walking to the nearby bus stop. While she's waiting for the bus, suddenly she noticed someone is sitting beside her. At first, she just ignores the person presence, but she turns her looks after the person hand her coffee. Taeyeon stunned when she saw Jiyong is besides her while smiling.

“What are you doing here?” Taeyeon asked while frowning.

“Accompany you…” Jiyong replied while smiling.

Taeyeon suddenly feel nervous when she saw Jiyong besides her.

“Here, for you” Jiyong said while he place the coffee in her hand.

“Thank you” Taeyeon replied hesitate.

“So… it's been a while not to see you,” Jiyong said while he’s looking at Taeyeon face.

“Nae…” Taeyeon replied while she’s looking at her shoes.

Jiyong chuckles when he saw Taeyeon.

“I’m glad to meet you here,” Jiyong suddenly blurt out his honesty.

Taeyeon turn her face to see him after he said that.

Jiyong still smiling when he saw her face is looking at him.

“Did you meet the kids?” Taeyeon asked to change the topic.

“Not yet but I’m planning to meet them after finish my works here” Jiyong replied.

“That’s great. I’m happy when you and the kids already good term” Taeyeon said while smiling.

“Thanks to you” Jiyong replied while whispering on her ear.

Taeyeon move her body after Jiyong whisper to her. Suddenly, her heart start to palpitation after Jiyong does that.

 

Taeyeon POV

“Please, Tae…calm down…calm down…he’s doing nothing…”

 

“Are you still single?” suddenly Jiyong asked curiously.

Taeyeon startled when he asked about her status.

“Why you are curious about my status?” Taeyeon asked weirdly.

“I need some hope on that” Jiyong replied while smiling.

Taeyeon stares at him without answering him. She don’t know why she’s feels uneasy when he asked that.

“It’s been two years, Jiyong... Don't you have anyone?” Taeyeon asked.

Jiyong shakes his head slowly before he says

“I'm waiting for someone and still wait for her...”

Out of nowhere, Taeyeon feel touched with Jiyong words. In his eyes, she can see the same feelings from two years ago.

“Tae, I know before this that you're not ready for this relationship but now... I really hope you give me a chance. To be honest, I try everything to throw this feeling but... I can't... When I see you here, my heart can't lie. I really miss you, Taeyeon...” Jiyong said softly while he stares at her eyes deeply.

“I don't know what to say...” Taeyeon stuttered.

Suddenly, the bus is just arrival. Taeyeon look at Jiyong with mixed feeling before she says

“Sorry I have to go now”

Afterward, Taeyeon just get up from the seat, and then she’s hop into the bus while leaving Jiyong behind. When she’s inside the bus, she saw Jiyong didn't look at the bus. She saw Jiyong with upset face walks leaving the bus stop. Taeyeon sigh deeply before she stares at the coffee in her hand with mixed feelings.

“What should I do?” Taeyeon mutter while looking at the coffee.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

NEXT DAY

BUSAN UNIVERSITY

THE CONFERENCE

 

Taeyeon is helping Seohyun with the program. However, after her conversation with Jiyong at the bus stop before, Taeyeon noticed Jiyong is avoiding her. He didn't even talk or look at her along the program held. When she's trying to talk to Jiyong, Jiyong will walk away from her like she's invisible from his sight. Taeyeon start to feel unhappy when Jiyong behave like that. She knows that Jiyong is upset with her after she's just leaving him without give him the answer. But for her side, she's really don't know how to respond him because she's not sure with her own feelings. She didn't want to waste her and Jiyong time for a thing that she's not sure about it. Especially, it’s her truth feelings toward him. In the end, she's decided to face him after the program ended.

Jiyong is sitting alone at the bench while looking at the fountain in front of him. He sips his drink slowly before he loosens his tie.

“You’re did a good job there” suddenly Taeyeon said from his behind.

Jiyong turn his face to look at her for a while before he turns back toward the fountain. He didn’t say anything after Taeyeon praise him.

“Are you okay?” Taeyeon continue asked while she’s approaching him s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter