The Last Pit of War

The True Meaning Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n

Okaaay? Maybe in the last chapter, ya'll are confused of 'who's this and that'. So I'll put it here.

Andd..

I know I didn't gave you a little hint that this chapter would be one of the last two pages.

----

No one's PoV

Hospital.

A strong scent of chlorine, the distinctive smell of the hospital and a spotless white ceiling were the ones who greeted her after her deep slumber. It was just like when she woke up on that day, without her memories, without knowing her identity that much, besides her name, her family and some of her friends. A little bit remarkable things.

And that's it.

Until Dahyun remembered what she dreamt of.

Know? Remember?

What is that supposed to mean?

Her eyes wandered around. Only ICU monitors and wires were the ones who are with her. She sighed. She remembered how that squirrel-like girl approaches her right after she woke up. The way that 'Sana' comforts her. Butterflies in her stomach when she's near her face. The way she held her hand.

Dang.

Am I missing that girl?

She ruffles her hair in frustration. Suddenly, a knock on the door pulled her out from her thoughts, making her snap her head in the door's direction.

It is Mina.

It is Mina only...

Why am I not glad? Nor a tiny? Wincy? Dipsy?

No? Nah?

She mentally facepalms herself while looking at the window beside her, making a full view of the vehicle's traffic which was struck by the sun rays. Buildings in different heights. People hover the streets with their hands occupied, if not umbrellas that give them shade it can be couples or some parents with their children.

Parents with their children.

She remembered something again. Her mom, who wants her to know and to remember...

But what to know and remember?

"Dahyun?" A soothing voice of Mina pulled her out to her senses. It made Dahyun face her. Frowning, "Are you alright? I am calling you a few times but you won't budge even a bit," Mina is too close to her that if she took that space between them they would kiss. Dahyun didn't jump or agitate. She is calm. No butterflies.

Nothing.

The pale girl just smiles and leaned back. Mina who noticed Dahyun leaned back does it too and blush, she perceived that it was undeniably an uncomfortable position and she regretted it. "I am fine," The younger said.

"Do you need anything?" The Japanese ask, but the latter shooks her head.

"I am fine, really. I just..." Dahyun looked back again outside of the window and her eyes fell in a woman with a child in her hand, "... need to figure something out,"

Mina gave her a puzzled look. But seems not to mind it when suddenly, a flash of what happened yesterday night resurfaces.

She 'suspected' it affected Dahyun's sudden blackout. "Dahyun, about the other night... I want to say sorry, it was just..." Mina surely does not know if she will tell the truth. She is stuck with guilt and the wanting 'freedom' in her heart. Will she tell about her own Chaeyoung and the latter's Sana? But it can make Dahyun's state worse. "... I am so tired, I made random statements and pieces of stuff. I am deeply--"

"Stop, Mina," Dahyun said as she closes her eyes, her damn head is striking up again. She noticed it is getting usual than the other days. "Aargh!" She growls in pain.

"D-Dahyun? Oh no! I must have triggered something again! I-I am s-so sorry!" Mina said in a panic. She doesn't know what to do first. Getting Dahyun water or calling out a doctor for help. Luckily the door swung open, dispersing a man who could help her out.

"Oh, Seokjin. Thank God! Please go get some help from the doctors please!" Mina shouted in horror looking up to Dahyun who curled up like a ball. Few of the cable wires were unattached, like her dextrose dripping the cold fluid mixed with some of her blood. "D-Dahyun be calm. Be calm!"

More minutes, the doctor came rushing with syringes in a pushable metal table. They took out one and injected her. Jin looked at the nurse with a worried face he never wears in front of her youngest sibling, "Do not worry Mr. Kim, this liquid will help your sister be calm,"

And the nurse is surely right, Dahyun's breathing evens, her face looks like at peace and her body doesn't look so stiff like earlier.

"Let her rest for some minutes and you can finally talk to her," the Doctor said before leaving. Jin bowed thanking the resident and faced Mina.

"Mina..." The Japanese looked at him uncomfortably, remembering how he tore them apart and made them complicated, it makes her pity him. Pity, because he was caged by greed just like her father, his grandfather, and Jimin.

They are all the same.

"... help me get Dahyun safe," Jin said with sincerity and she felt that, but to her surprise, she frowned.

"Come again?" She can't believe what she had heard. The Jin she knew is saying help get Dahyun safe? That is really new.

"I know it is a little bit shocking and I know you are flustered but... I am tired of this, I thought proving myself I am better by getting my sister to suffer will get my grandfather's attention... but it is not," He looked down on a folder and handed it over to her. "I am willing to give all the information I know. Help me,"

Mina contemplated, opening the folder will urge her not to back out. Because one she touch it there is no turning back. And maybe, it will boost her confidence and choose what she really wants.

This could be her asset.

But what about Dahyun? She can just love her back again, right? What about the younger 'love' towards her?

She closed her eyes and think thoroughly. This is hard, really hard. She knew what is right now she is ready to turn the folder back to Jin and kept it sealed.

But before she can do that, a voice from her back stops her, "No, Mina. Give it to me,"

Mina snaps her back and her eyes widened, "D-Dahyun? Are you alright now?"

"Give me that folder, I want to see it," She said coldly as of her breath was ice.

"B-But what if your headache attacks again? I don't want to see you in pain," The elder girl said skeptically.

"I will be in pain if you didn't give that to me,"

"B-But?" Mina looks at Jin and he only signed her to oblige. She sighed and hand it to her.

Dahyun opened it, revealing numerous pictures of illegal smuggling of firearms, drugs, and molestation. It also includes all of their assassinations and attacks. There are also papers and proofs of their illegal transactions. Until he saw a receipt of Myouis and Kims smuggling transaction, as well as Park Jimin and Hyun Sik.

But what caught her attention is her pictures with Sana.

Along with those somewhat commotion in her owned school, which is Kindred University's stage, herself kneeling in front of her putting a ring.

That stuff toys she saw at the house, remembering some lines.

An eagle and a squirrel.

"These are our children,"

The thought of it made her smile and kind of led her to something.

Those pictures out of a beach party. Where she saw a photo of her while Sana is doing something on her hand. Treating her wound or some sorts.

"That is not the only thing," Jin said and handed him his phone, "Take a look at that video,"

It is a video, the plan on how Jimin will murder her.

Jin saw it, her younger sister's eyes were fuming, he thinks he made him brought back the real Dahyun he knew.

That courageous, ruthless, revengeful.

Kim Dahyun.

Mina saw it too, and she didn't know what to feel. Be happy that some on Dahyun's inner side brought up a little shade? And could be taught that Mina isn't the one she truly loves? Heck, it was Sana!

Or.

Be sad because Dahyun is being herself again.

And that is being again, means selfless.

Selfless. To the point, she doesn't care if she'll get killed just to make sure someone pays her at the right amount she wanted to. Being not so occupied with the things around her as long as she's doing what she wanted. And setting high standards that can kill her.

"We need you, Dahyun, in order to complete the Stratagem you built," Jin said, "Come with us and will bring them down to dust,"

"I am in,"

Jin couldn't believe it, neither was Mina. It is a miracle that she'll agree on this, knowing she already liked the 'marriage' to be processed as soon as possible.

"I know this is a great response, but what about Mina?" Jin asked. He is correct though, lucky them Dahyun had finally reached the know and remember her mom said in her mind.

It is to know what your heart feels.

It is to remember that your heart knows what is the right thing.

"Don't worry I know and I remember," She said looking at him intently, "Let's accept the game with Jimin and the Chairman plays,"

The next two Days

Dahyun's PoV

"It is good to know, the Chairman bought us some time," Jin said as he drove me to a compound, meeting a lot of huge houses along the road. "It'll help us plan out hastily but surely," he added.

I only replied silence, even though he is helping me out finding myself, I am still traumatized by what he did in me and Mina.

Stopping the car in a lone house in the woods, he gave me a look that means we are here.

Dang. It is creepy.

We walk in the front door only to know the door is open. Why are these freaking people leaving behind their doors open? That is really dangerous!

Jin signaled me to stop at the couch while he'll surprise the two. He informed me, Suga, Myungsoo and him are the only ones who knew this hideout.

A couple of seconds I heard Yoongi's voice, screeching to see that Jin is here.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" Suga exclaimed.

"I found what you need, plus a new recruit came," I heard Jin said.

A sarcastic chuckle followed suit.

"Myungsoo are you being real? Snap it out! He is one of them!" Yoongi bawled, he is clearly itched to kick Jin's out of this room or worst, kill him.

The oldest man shove it out causing Suga to snicker, "What? Want me to rip your face, dickhead?!" Suga said.

"Don't provoke me you, pea-size,"

"What the hell! You two STOP! Jin is helping us to solve this, Suga," Finally Myungsoo got in between on the two of them, or else, I will my grand entrance in no time.

"WHAT?! What if this guy is only a spy?" Suga bewildered.

Now, I got up and peeked at them. Suga is really stunned, thinking that Jin has really a face to show up to him after a lot of things that he did to me.

"Then I'll kill him with my own hands. Or you can do it," Myungsoo replied as he handed Suga over a combat knife.

"For Dahyun. Or I'll slit your damn throat, Jin. I am warning you," Suga said while pointing the sharp edge on Jin's neck who's stable in his breathing, not bothered.

"Now, Jin, what else?" Myungsoo said. Jin could only smirk.

And that is my cue.

I walked at them and I knew they were shocked to see me, especially with Jin.

"You must be kidding me," Suga mumbled.

I only gave him a grin.

"Welcome my recruit," Jin said facing me who crept a small smile in my thin lips.

"Let's get this done," I said holding the other papers we need.

"H-How?" Myungsoo's mouth agape seems he can not move on from my unexpected magical entrance.

"No time for chit chat, we need to get this done. The Chairman just gave me two days to rest, so we need to plan it correctly,"

"Okay. The things we need are, more shreds of ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter