Escaped or Trapped?

The True Meaning Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The whole gang left the room, while Sana's parents excuse themselves for unloading their stuff. Leaving Sana and Dahyun behind.

All alone.

"Don't touch me, please," Dahyun blocks Sana's hands when she tried to get the pale girl's hand. "Not now. I am utterly confused,"

Sana could only nod, swallowing the humiliation she got after the pale girl rejects her request. She couldn't do anything, except for observing the Korean. And that is, eating her choco pies. 

And she knows it is irresistible, the anxiety that seeps in her mind took her off. The memories she cherished with Dahyun has been erased in just snap.

If they didn't get the idea to go to Japan, doubtlessly, Dahyun wouldn't get amnesia.

If she didn't let go, probably things would be fine.

"You really don't remember me?" The Japanese girl asks. Eventually, Dahyun gave her attention. The Korean became wary as soon as she saw the brunette is on the verge of crying. Her heart swells, her concern towards the Japanese grew.

Should I pretend that I know here?

But lying could only make it worse.

And I know who is the one I truly love.

And for sure, it isn't her.

The brunette looks into Dahyun's eyes reading the readable answer. But she did not mind, she needs to hear it, the answer she didn't really want to believe until it comes out from her own beloved's mouth.

"No, miss. I can not really remember you." She said hanging her head-low, narrowing her eyes like she anticipates a smack from the latter. She opened it again, facing the stainless white sheet that pools her hips down to her feet. Dahyun brought her head up again after, taking one more glance at the girl, but she could only see her looking away. 

Maybe preventing the tears to fall back, or silently weeping in vain.

Sana faces her again after wiping the waters which ran on her cheeks. Dahyun is right, she made the girl cry. The brunette composes herself before putting on a small faint smile.

"T-that's okay, I'll l-let you know w-who I am, We'll force it," she took Dahyun's hands again, pulling it near to her lips and kisses it. The pale girl is relented and let the poor squirrel be. Well, this is the least thing she can do.

But something bugs out on her mind. She needs to clear something, about her feelings. About Sana, or much better find herself first.

"I appreciate your enthusiasm. But, I think this is not a good idea for now," She slowly retrieves her hand full of Sana's tears, "And, could you please leave me for a moment? I need to think about some things,"

"No, p-problem," Sana hauls a big sigh before nodding. 

"She's hurt," Dahyun sighed, staring at the plastic wrappings, "I need to get her away from me. Or it will be worse." 

After staring at the unknown for a good one minute, she decided to get up. She took off the cables and wires and she unlatches the comforter, pushing it to the side. "I think I need a good sip of water," 

When she tries to step afoot, she almost trips down. Fortunately, she got to hold the railing of the bed,  "Ah, I think having a long sleep is really bad." She fixes herself and tried once more.

Once she gets it, she quickly walks to the refrigerator which welcomes her with none. "Useless appliance," She slams its door and wanders her eyes around, finding nothing. And an idea hit her, "I think I should go outside." 

She twisted the knob carefully, not knowing why she should hush. The hallway is pure white, just like a hospital which is spotless and neat. "What is this building?  I think the owner of this is crazy nuts!" She walked pass by some several dors until she found a water fountain near the corner of the hallway.

"Oh, finally!" After sipping a bunch of water, Dahyun is ready to go back. She dighted the water beneath her chin and started to walk again.

"-best way to deal this is, locked Dahyun down here," A voice from a certain room gets her attention.

What? Locked? No way!

"I need to get out fast," She detours herself, away from her room but she noticed the dress she is wearing, "I don't want to get out wearing this hospital cloth-like," 

Walking at a fast pace, she stops when she saw an open room full of lockers, "Time to be smart," She unlocked one of them with metal wires she found near in the corner. Sweats in her forehead, she did not mind. "O-one more h-hook! Done,"

Wearing jeans and a plain top white. Dahyun starts to dash off again with plain sneakers. But the timing of her sprint doesn't get away from the brunette on her front. The squeaks from her shoes brought attention to Sana who's walking back at her room. And Dahyun knew that Sana had a hunch of what she is planning.

Dang!

The brunette walk half-run towards her. She held the Korean's hand and says, "Dahyun, I love you. Please, don't," Sana implied.

The monolided girl closed her eyes when she heard the little crack on the Japanese voice.

Hurt.

Pained.

"If you love me, then let me go," The pale girl reluctantly fired back. She made a point to herself in which in reality defines it as pointless.

Sana just looked deeply in her two brown orbs. Her grip loosens that made Dahyun run as her signal.

"I'll let you go," Sana whispered in herself. "If that's what you want,"

The Korean ran to the nearest exit she could find, and no eyes to catch her from what she thinks is right. 

Or is it really right?

***

After that long dash, she finally found one. Or she hoped to be. Dahyun opened the huge metal door in front of her, pulling with all of her .

She is welcomed by the darkness of the shallow-dirty alley. What is inside were completely opposite outside. Plastics, bottles, rats and the stinky smell are forming as one. She continues to walk until she was dispersed in a wide market place. "Myeong-Dong?"

Colorful lights were flashing in the middle of the night, tourists and the locals were everywhere strolli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter