The Engagement

The True Meaning Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin's PoV

Flashback

(Before the Crime)

"Basically, it's an ambush, isn't it?" Chairman said the question again for the nth time.

How couldn't he get that bull!

I want to kick this old man's but to my dismay, I couldn't. "Yes, Chairman," I said for the last time while pouring the rum on my glass. I took a glance without audacity and seeing him still agonizing with the plan.

I need to detour his mind and collect it before it fades away. This young man needs to be cautious. I know he has such suspicions that are undeniably true.

But seizing in the act can be done at the end.

Just, not for now.

I sighed in travesty, hoping I'll make him stop from walking back and forth, or maybe just pull him out of hesitation and make him go for the plan.

On the plan that I hardly made just to turn them all into ashes.

I stood up and placed my glass on the center table. "I suppose I need to go? This meeting is wasting my time and I have errands to catch,"

But he only remains walking, feeling disturbed. I rolled my eyes but kept a word.

"And if you kept worrying about this, we can abort this plan and may as well, let Dahyun escape."

Playing prudential? Then so be it, you oaf old man!

The Chairman finally faces me with scrupling eyes, still not willing to play what I wanted to do.

Oh! Just get into the hole, you fool!

"Alright, do it." He said while closing his eyes. Trembling like there is no tomorrow. Sweating because of the pressure.

Alright, Chairman Kim, you did a good job.

Yet, a huge sin.

"Then, all is set! Thank you for the drink, Chairman," I bowed with fake gratitude before turning my heels right through the exit.

"I'll greet you with hell, Dahyun. Just wait and see,"

End

Urgent Meeting. That is what they knew. Some get to cancel their other meetings, some frustratingly cut off their vacation for this. Because, if you don't get in time. It's time for you to say goodbye.

"Now, let us start this conference," Chairman Kim said as soon as he sat upon his chair.

The board flashes and the room started to become dimmer. All of the board members, stockholders and the companies he invested scrunched up their eyes, seeing the proposal in their front nearly stuck up in their mind.

It is like choking while taking a gulp of water.

Whisper noises grew. Their heads start to waver side by side, the chairman angrily slams the table that made them shut. "So, the title here clearly said it all right?"

Project Kim and Myoui through the marriage of Kim Dahyun and Myoui Mina.

"Any objections?" He asks smiling through the vasts. Seeing all the people inside with disturbance made his smile wider. Of course! No one dares to object, he can peel your soul out of your body with his eyes.

Even your great-grandchild will experience extreme famine.

"Very well. After we find my granddaughter we will discuss this merging with the Myouis." He stood up and got to leave when he remembers something.

"Ah. Right before I go. You can go out. Except- the ones I invested. And you too my son,"

All the body started to rummage. Once he says it. They need to do it three times fast.

"I think all of your child or grandchild are friends of my Dahyun?" He asked. All of them could just nod.

Jeon.

Yoo. Restaurant

Chou. Finance

Im. Lawsuit

Son.

Of course. Kim. His youngest son.

"So, probably all of you asks what is the connection of your children on this matter." Chairman Kim glanced at them with daggers. "Dahyun is friends with them. They are colleagues, and for sure, they will tolerate the idea of Dahyun." He put down his glass amd finally straightened his posture.

"I have a favor. Don't worry, it is just a little bit," He smiled deviously. Little. Little might be only a word. But surely this is huge. Everybody in the room started to fix their seats.

"If you're children tried to persuade Dahyun or even allies her. All of your companies will surely be dust."

"But, what if-- What if we could not hold them back?" Mr. Son asks.

The Chairman put his finger on his chin, like thinking of what consequences they could get of they did so- but he isn't really. He smiled, "Then? Ready yourselves to sleep on the streets."

"Especially yours, Mr. Son, I know your daughter's thing with the heir of the Myouis," He added that led to Mr. Son frozen at his sit for a while and motioned them to leave.

"Jeongsu," His son halts as soos as his name was called. The Chairman looked intently into his eyes and said, "I can't tolerate Taehyung. You see, I can't let go this opprtunity. I am looking forward in your action within your son," The old man said and left the conference leaving his son in a devastating state.

"He is too much," Jeongsu crumpled his fists that forms into a ball.

---

"Help? You want my help?" The young man scoffs. "Get out of my house, while I can tolerate my anger,"

But Jin stood sternly. Sticking up with his foot, not moving.

"Myungsoo, I beg you! Dahyun could be in danger! I really don't know that Jimin is tryong to murder her!" Jin said and hos younger brother perks up. Myungsoo seek his elder brother's eyes and met the grieve he was searching. Sincerity.

He sighed. "What do you want me to do?"

---

Chaeyoung is missing again.

Dahyun is also nowhere to found.

Jeongyeon, Tzuyu, Jungkook, Nayeon, Taehyung are paralyzed because of the Chairman's threat about all of their companies.

But they fought their fright and put it aside. They push theirselves not to be afraid. They are more encouraged to fight for Dahyun.

Because the saying doesn't satisfy their taste.

That blood is thicker than water.

Maybe, but maybe not.

Friends are family. Friends are home.

We moved in a secluded place where it is safer. Suga also managed to burn the café and left no trace. Same at the Headquarters they are calling.

Gone.

He said, it is safer if we leav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter