Metamorphosis

Perfect Mess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The week passed by so fast and somehow I have to go back to school. The difference is that I’ll be living as Kim Taeyeon, the famous young chaebol who made a lot of achievements in academics, arts, and sports because of her socialite lifestyle. How can I live her life? She has everything and overall she’s perfect.

“Well not that perfect” Surprised by the sudden response, I turned to the door to see tiffany.

“So you’re a mind reader now?”

“Do you notice that every time you think the voices are only in your head when in reality, you tend to say the words on your mind?”

“Do I?!” I covered my mouth. This is so embarrassing. “Why are you telling me this now?”

She shrugs as she approached me, “Anyways, are you ready for school?” I patted the spot next to me as she sat beside me on the long sofa.

“I’m not as smart as her. What if her grades fail because of me?” I notice that she’s hiding something behind her back so I asked, “What’s that?”

“Hey didn’t you successfully passed some projects and assignments for the past 2 months? I think you might have to take the examinations the moment you get back from school.”

“What?! This is why I don’t want to miss a single subject in school. What do I do?” She smiled and gave me the journal I’ve been looking for earlier.

“If you’re having a hard time, you can ask me anything about the exams.”

“Is it hard?” I worriedly asked.

“Moderate. Don’t be pressured, you’ve got this.” She turned my body with my back against her and starts to do a karate chops massage. 

_______________________________________

Afterward, Tiffany and I decided to visit Yuri’s place. She lives in a penthouse suite on the highest floor of Red Dragon Hotel. This is cool. I’ve never been inside of hotels well the last time we went to Zeus hotel was an exception because we only got to see the underground parking lot and not the indoor part of the hotel.

“By the way, was yuri rich before or not?” I turned to tiffany as we wait for one of the elevator doors to open.

“She’s born with a silver spoon that means she’s wealthy ever since.” I nod with nothing to respond. I miss my buddy. I hope she’s doing well out there. “Hey, why are you sad?”

I turned to her and showed a faint smile, “It’s nothing. I just miss the Kwon Yuri back at my world.” One of the elevator doors opened as we quickly hop in.

“Does yuri know about her other self?” she paused, “Speaking of other self, ever since you came, you didn’t even tell me about my other self back at your world.”

I rub the back of my neck as I laugh awkwardly. Quickly change the topic! “The weather is nice today, isn’t it?”

“Don’t even change the topic! Come on tae~ Am I really that bad?”

“Aniyo you’re not that bad” her face lit up, “You’re super bad. You look like Maleficent’s daughter.”

“Now you’re being mean.” She pushed my shoulder.

“How should I say this in a not so offensive way” I paused as I turned to her, “She’s the opposite of you okay just as how I am with my other self.”

“Fine” she crossed her arms.

The door opened revealing Yuri in her blue and white gym outfit, “Hello friends! Welcome to my humble home!” We step into her place as we awed while looking up from left to right. “It’s awesome right?”

“I should hang out in here more often.”

Yuri snapped her fingers, “that’s what Taeyeon said when she first came here, and ever since then she always stopped by and hang in my place to the point of owning it.” She sighs as she shakes her head. “Do you guys want something to drink?” she takes her hydro flask on the table before going to the kitchen.

“Yul do you still drink your Ma Juice?” Tiffany asked as we sat on the couch.

“Yes! In fact, I'm drinking one right now” she raised her flask.

“What’s a Ma juice?”

“Taeyeon you should try it. It’s freaking delicious!” Tiffany exaggeratedly said. I squinted my eyes to see if she’s lying or not.

“So Ma juice it is?” Yuri confirmed.

“I’ll pass. I’m so full.” Tiffany pats her stomach.

“Unfair! You’re the one who suggested it, you should drink one too!” she just shrugs, “Excuses” I’m starting to think there’s something fishy about this juice.

“It’s okay fany ah, Taeyeon you should try it. Give me a sec.” she excused herself leaving me and her in the living room.

I heard the sound of the blender as my curiosity rises. Yuri peaks and called me, “Taeyeon are you ready for school?

“To be honest, I’m kinda nervous. What if I might attract attention? Being the center of attraction she is, what should I do?”

Yuri brought a glass of ma juice and handed it to me, I stared at the juice as I gulped my saliva. It’s not that bad, right? I drank it and my eyes lits up. “How is it?”

“This isn’t so bad at all,” I said taking one more sip, “It’s too sweet my throat hurts.”

“Oh, I think I put too much honey on it. Tiff did you tell her about what taeng said?” Yuri sat beside me while taking a sip of her juice.

“Right, when you both got switched Taeyeon told us these theories. One of them is you can communicate through dreams. Remember that nightmare that kept you up for months?” I nod vigorously, “the day Taeyeon went missing she was kidnapped and that’s what happened to her.” My mouth went agape.

“This makes sense, how can I help?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter