To be or not to be?

Perfect Mess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After they visited me, I didn’t sleep the entire night. That night at the bridge I felt like the world hates me. Whenever I think my day goes well, there are always circumstances that make it a not so good day. I remember whenever we have free time; I and Jonghyun would always visit the public library and read some poetry books. He said whenever he feels sad he would always read some poems and be immersed with it. Because of him, I started reading poetry books. I also remember he would always cheer me up when I feel hopeless. I was too busy focusing on what I think or feel to the point I failed to see how he was doing. If only I was there, I should’ve stopped him from doing it.

They say when you’re destined from what you were made for; you can never escape from it. I chose to end it there but I guess my destiny prevented me from escaping. I walked over the window and held the thick curtain. I don’t know if I’m going to regret that by the time the sun is up, I will be facing a new world that is opposite to mine. Opening the curtain, the sun is still resolutely below the horizon and the place is as dark as some old-school black and white movie.

I remember what my grandfather wrote in the sketch and he told me to believe in myself and by believing in myself, does it mean I should believe in my other self or me? I starred at the mountains from afar until time passes by. After the blackness of night, the sun rises on the horizon, spreading her gold in every direction. Its light drifts in, igniting the colors of my room. Somehow the sun is like a calling of the skies to rise and be something great! For me, sunrise represents another chance to live and the start of a brand new day.

“You can do this. New life, new beginnings.” I cheered myself up as I opened all the curtains in my room and did some stretching. As if my body had a life of its own, I went out of the room and went downstairs then to the kitchen, ready to prepare for breakfast. After a few hours, I finished making breakfast for the family. I realize some of the maids are confused and weirdly looking at me and that’s when I realize, I’m not a young maid but rather a young master of the household.

Tiffany came running towards me wearing the school uniform of Choong Ang, “Taeyeon sshi I told you I can handle everything, you don’t have to make it by yourself.” Her eyes sending messages that I should go along with her.

“I can do it by myself you don’t have to worry about me.” I said to her as the maids turned to one another, “Can you please take these to the dining room?” I ordered them and they complied.

When the coast is cleared I heard tiffany sighed, “I know you’re still not used to this life but I want you to stop doing everything you were accustomed to your world. Remember you’re the young master and the daughter of the Yong global corporation’s chairman, Kim Jong Gu.”

I nod as scratch my non-itchy head, “I’ll be careful from now on.” I was about to bow when she prevented me from doing it.

“Also, don’t bow to anyone except for your parents.”

“Why not? It would be disrespectful of me not to do it.”

“I know it’s just that we don’t want you to blow your cover. Be as casual as possible and if you don’t know what to say or how to respond just stay quiet and walk away from the scene.” I sighed at the thought of me being arrogant to others.

A woman in her somewhat in her 50’s walks in the kitchen and called, “Agassi the chairman wants you to be in the dining room right now.” Still, with my back turned against the lady, tiffany gave me a nudge as I snap out from my thoughts and turned.

“Me?” I told the lady as I pointed my index finger at myself. The lady just bowed and gestured me to go right now. I turned to tiffany with a nervous look as she rose her fist and do a ‘hwaiting’ pose. I gulped my saliva as I make my way towards the dining room with the lady following right behind me.

I took a deep breath as I came face to face with my father whom they refer to as chairman, my mother looking ever so gorgeous and stunning with her classy l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter