Decisions

How To Win At Love

Lisa arrived early for their class, which was a first. She was still sleepy and was yawning constantly, clearly not used to getting up around this hour.

Not that she really needed to, she just couldn't sleep, plus a certain brunette was constantly on her mind these days.

She was never this way with other women, yeah sure she liked some of them, but she didn't usually bother thinking too much about them.

She was still contemplating about what Chaeng told her yesterday, about actually confessing her feelings to Jennie. She couldn't lie to herself, it was indeed a scary prospect and there was a very high chance of Jennie rejecting her. 

She was sitting in her desk, still rummaging through her thoughts, when she noticed that Jisoo had also arrived early. She was quite surprised, as she wasn't sure if she was the type to come in at this time or if it was just a coincidence. 

She noticed that she did look quite tired. Lisa figured she must like to hang out with her friends late at night.

So far, despite her reputation, the girl had not really shown any problems within their class. She was quiet and mostly kept to herself.

Everyone else was pretty nervous to talk to her anyway, nobody really bothered her and she didn't bother anyone back.

She shrugged and got back to thinking about what she should really do about Jennie. 

As if having her in her thoughts wasn't enough, Jennie had arrived, walking in with that confident aura surrounding her, all eyes turning towards her, mesmirized by her presence.

She seemed to be scanning the room, trying to find someone. Her eyes perked up when she finally found who she was looking for.

Lisa's eyebrows shot up when she saw who Jennie was walking towards, it seemed impossible, yet it was happening in front of her eyes.

Jennie was walking towards Kim Jisoo.

Wait. Are they friends?

As far as Lisa knew, Jennie did not approve of Jisoo's gang and they barely spoke to each other. So it was indeed a huge surprise to her when Jennie stopped in front of Jisoo and gave her a shy smile.

Jisoo on the other hand, looked quite amused at how Jennie just nonchalantly walked towards her.

Lisa couldn't hear their conversation, but seeing Jennie looking a bit flustered as she handed a paper bag to her was a sight you would rarely see. 

It was obvious that Jennie was trying to keep her cool, but seemed embarrassed about something. Jisoo just calmly listened to her and took the paperbag from her.

Jisoo had laughed at something Jennie had said, which made the latter puff up her cheeks in frustration, and made Jisoo laugh even more.

It made Jennie look really cute instead of intimidating, which normally would make her heart flutter, but her being like that in front of Jisoo did not make her feel happy at all.

In fact, if she did not know any better, she felt jealous of the attention Jisoo was getting from her.

Was it possible that Jennie Kim had a crush on Jisoo? But that wouldn't make sense. 

But if it was, she had a sinking feeling inside the pit of her stomach.

Lisa may have a reputation with girls, but Jisoo was the same as well. If she sensed Jennie liked her, it would be too easy for her to make her as one of her conquests, a challenge no one had ever done.

This disturbed Lisa a lot. 

She was too caught up in her thoughts that she didn't notice that Chaeyoung had arrived and was calling out her name for the third time.

"Yah, Lalisa!" she said loudly, while slapping her arm which helped snap Lisa out of her trance.

"Oh, hey Chaeng." she said, but she was still frowning and her brows were deeply furrowed.

Chaeng looked at her, concern was etched all over her face.

"Is something the matter?" 

"Uh-yeah, nah. Everything's fine."

"You don't look fine."

"I'm alright."

"Are you sure?"

"Yup."

Chaeng raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything further. She gave out a frustrated sigh.

Lisa knew that her best friend could tell something was up, but she just didn't want to discuss it now. 

She now knew what to do, it was all or nothing.

Lisa had decided. She was going to confess to Jennie later.

**************************************

Chaeyoung sighed again. What is up with Lisa? Why is she not telling me anything?

She decided to finish up the assignment for last period, she still had 3 more numbers to go before their class officially started.

She was going to ignore Lisa for now.

"You look pretty serious there." Someone told her. She looked up and saw that it was Jisoo, who gave her a small smile.

Chaeng was frozen for a bit, she didn't know how to react. She felt Jisoo wasn't all that bad, but this was the first time she actually had tried talking to her like that.

Jisoo scratched her head and chuckled "Sorry, it's just that you looked pretty bummed about something."

Chaeng exhaled. Come on, you won't spontaneously combust if you're gonna be actually nice to her back.

"Thanks for noticing, it's nothing really." she said.

Jisoo looked at her paper "Math assignment?" 

Chaeng nodded, Jisoo made a face.

"Math and I never work out, I knew from the very start that our relationship would crumble the first time I counted one to ten."

Chaeng chuckled "Math doesn't agree with me very much either, but I kinda have to keep working on it. It's very one-sided."

Yeah, like me and Lisa. Chaeng thought.

"One-sided things never work out, it has to be give and take." 

"I guess you have a point, but I have no choice when it comes to this Math assignment."

"I guess."

Though at the moment it felt like they weren't conversing about Math anymore.

"Have you finished yours?"

"Yup. Done and done. Would you like to copy? I don't mind." Jisoo offered. 

"The offer is very tempting, but it's fine."

"No need to apologize, I understand perfectly."

Chaeng smiled, "Thanks for understanding." 

Before Jisoo could fire in another question, the bell rang and their teacher had walked inside. Chaeng then got her pen and notebook ready, then turned again towards Jisoo, who gave her one of her most genuine smiles.