Can't Take It Back

How To Win At Love

Crap crap crap!

Jisoo thought to herself as she looked at Jennie. It looks like she was completely shocked and taken aback by her confession and was blushing furiously.

She looked around and saw Lisa, open, sporting an incredulous expression.

Other people were just as surprised.

Sooyoung and Moonbyul were nearby, holding in their giggles and capturing the whole thing on their cellphones. She was going to kill them later.

Then behind Jennie was Chaeng, looking at them in disbelief and awe.

Oh my God, I cannot take it back. This is too embarrassing! What the hell did I do in my past life to deserve this?

Jisoo didn't want to embarrass Jennie as well in front of other people. 

What was she going to do? This was a complete disaster. She wanted the earth to come up and swallow her whole.

Or a dragon to swoop in and burn everything down. 

Anything, to save her from this predicament.

She decided that she'll run away to the mountains and live life as a hermit where no one else knows her and eat mushrooms or something.

Yes, that sounded like the best option at the moment.

Suddenly, someone had embraced her and kissed her on the cheek. She looked at who it was and saw that it was Soojoo.

Soojoo, her ex-girlfriend.

"Jisoo! I missed you sooo much!" she said in the best aegyo voice she could muster and hugged her again, tighter this time and squishing her cheeks with hers.

Jennie suddenly let go of her hand.

Soojoo then cupped her hands on Jisoo's face and turned it towards hers.

Jisoo stared at her blankly.

"You haven't called me in awhile, and here you are, confessing your feelings to another person! Why must you always leave a girl hanging?"

Jisoo was still in a state of shock that she barely registered what was happening.

Jennie was now glaring at the both of them, and Jisoo swore that she could see smoke coming out of her ears.

She could see her visibly shaking, her hands were clenched into fists and it seemed like she was fighting for self control.

"Must be incredible to get all the girls you want huh?" she said with so much venom, her eyes burning into hers like lava.

Jisoo gulped.

Jennie glared at her one last time and walked away, Chaeng quickly following behind.

Lisa had glared at her too. If looks could kill, she'd be dead by now. Twice.

Soojoo let go of her face and then held her hand.

"Come on, let's get out of here."

 

*************************************************************

 

Jisoo was still silent when Soojoo parked her car into her garage.

"Are you coming in or would you rather sit there like a statue the whole time?"

Jisoo looked at her and sighed, opening the door to get out of the car.

They then went inside. Jisoo noticed not much had really changed in the Hong household, especially the feeling of warmth and home.

"Make yourself comfortable. Mom and Dad are on vacation so no one will bother us today."

Soojoo's parents loved Jisoo, and opened their doors to her despite her reputation, something she was still thankful for.

Soojoo and her had been together for about a year. It was good, it was safe, but Jisoo knew she really didn't feel the same way for her. She didn't want to be unfair to Soojoo.

She did like her, but overtime, her feelings developed into friendship, and they had both parted on good terms.

"I'll go make us some food. You can watch Netflix on TV or whatever you wanna do while I cook."

Jisoo nodded as Soojoo made her way into the kitchen.

As Soojoo got busy, Jisoo was replaying the incident in her head. How could she not recognize that it wasn't Chaeng all along?

"God! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" Jisoo said out loud as she thumped her head with a pillow.

Now, Chaeng was going to think that she liked Jennie and also think that she was a person who couldn't take commitment seriously.

That was just great.

Jennie was going to hate her too, it shouldn't bother her, but it did. 

How incredibly lucky of her.

Soojoo was finally done cooking and Jisoo's stomach rumbled as she smelled the food.

Soojoo smiled at her as she put out a plate for her and Jisoo saw that she had cooked a lot of fried chicken.

Jisoo smiled back. Trust Soojoo to put her back in a good mood.

She then started eating, with Soojoo following after.

This was one of the things she missed being with Soojoo: her cooking. She was amazing at it.

Soojoo was observing her as she took a big bite on one of the chicken legs.

"Do you want to talk about what happened earlier?" she asked.

Jisoo shrugged.

"Come on Sooya, I know you enough to confirm from your expression earlier that you had confessed to the wrong person. Plus, I know you have this crush on Chaeyoung. You were dumbfounded when you saw Jennie Kim! If I didn't save you back there, you'd probably still be standing there, frozen, trying to process everything."

Jisoo sighed. 

"Yeah, trust me to pull off something that is incredibly idiotic. Confessing to the wrong person? I mean, who does that?"

Soojoo just raised both her eyebrows.

Jisoo groaned.

"What am I going to do?"

"Just tell Jennie what really happened when you can talk to her alone. Let her understand that it was just a misunderstanding."

"That should end well. She probably hates me or will hate me afterwards."

"Well, the important thing is making sure that Chaeng knows about how you feel. You can let her know that confession was for her and not for her friend."

"She'll believe that, I'm sure." Jisoo scoffed.

"That's why you have to tell Jennie first so she can back you up."

"I don't know. I don't want Jennie to feel even more embarrassed, especially since that happened in front of so many people."

"This is not like you. You seem too worried about what Jennie might feel about this. Isn't Chaeng your priority here?"

"I'm not, I just don't want to embarrass the girl further."

Soojoo looked at her and gave her a knowing smile.

"I think you've forgotten something."

"What?"

Soojoo just shook her head and smiled, "Nevermind, it's nothing. So, what do you want to do about it?"

"Nothing. Maybe turn back time and do things differently."

"Well, if you say so. But still, I would try and make things clear. It's embarrassing yes, but at least they know you were being honest with them, and that can go a long way."

Jisoo knew Soojoo was right. 

However, she was not ready to do anything about it yet.

She decided to just let things settle down first before heading back in again.

"Thanks Soojoo, you are an incredible friend."

"What would you do without me anyway?"

"I would probably be out on the streets, trying to make money by playing those traditional drums?"

Soojoo laughed at her and she smiled back.

They both continued chatting the night away.