Stolen

How To Win At Love

It was getting a bit dark, and the students were milling around near the stage. 

The winners were already announced for each year level, and to Jennie's delight, their section had won first place, thanks to the efforts of all her classmates who participated in the other events.

With that, the band was being set up and everyone was getting excited for them to perform. 

Irene, Lisa and Chaeng were with her, and they were sitting around the field while waiting for the next phase of the sportsfest to begin.

Irene had given her a good scolding about what happened. Apparently, she had seen her run and found her just in time after Jisoo left her alone.

Both Lisa and Chaeng decided not to hound her about it, much to her relief.

They bought some burgers and fries from the available food booths around and they were happily munching away as they waited in anticipation for the band.

"So, we get to go to the beach this weekend! I am so excited!" Chaeng exclaimed as her cheeks got bigger and bigger from all the fries she kept eating.

Lisa laughed at her, "You're turning into a chipmunk again."

"Lisa, for the last time, I am not a chipmunk!" she huffed which made her cheeks grow even bigger. All three girls laughed at her cuteness.

"Awwe you're so cute! Here, where's my baby chipmunk? Come on, lemme kiss that baby chipmunk! I wanna kiss my baby chipmunk!" Lisa teased, using her aegyo, as she cupped Chaeyoung's face and kissed her several times on the cheek.

Chaeng playfully shoved her away.

"Noooo! Go away, Lisa!"

Lisa pouted, "Okay, bye."

Chaeng then threw a fry at her face and laughed as Lisa pretended to be shocked.

"So this is how it is huh? Alright, you've asked for it, Chaeyoung-ah!"

Chaeng pointed a warning finger at her.

"No Lisa! Don't you dare!"

Lisa had a mischevious smile on her face as Chaeng backed away from her slowly.

"Here it comes!" 

"Aaaaaah!" Chaeyoung screamed as Lisa began to tickle her relentlessly.

Chaeyoung shoved her again and ran away while Lisa followed after her, taunting her with more tickles.

Jennie just smiled at the both of them, amused.

Irene chuckled as she observed the two girls.

"They are really cute."

"Yes they are, in small doses." Jennie told her.

"Oh come on, you love them both."

Jennie shrugged.

"What can I say, they've grown on me, even with their annoying bickering."

Irene laughed at this.

"I am sure you still find it cute when they do."

Jennie just smiled. 

"Nice jacket by the way." Irene remarked without looking at her. 

Jennie blushed, she was still wearing Jisoo's leather jacket from earlier.

"Y-yeah...I borrowed it from a...from a friend."

Just then, they heard some static, and when they both turned, the band had already begun to introduce themselves and were called Day6. 

Afterwards, they began to play their first song.

Seulgi also arrived at the same time, grinning happily at Irene.

"Hi babe. Hi Jennie."

"Hey! You're here." Irene told her playfully

"Hello." Jennie piped in.

"We go to the same school after all. Hey Kim, would you mind if I took my girl out for a bit of a stroll?" 

"No, it's fine."

"Babe, Jennie's injured, I can't leave her alone." Irene scolded.

"No Irene, it's okay. I really don't wanna play third wheel at the moment."

Irene gave Jennie a worried look, "Are you sure?"

"Yep. Besides, Lisa and Chaeng should be back soon."

Irene was hesitating.

"I'm serious! Go have fun with Seulgi."

"Alright." Irene finally relented.

"Awesome! Thank you, Kim, I owe you one." Seulgi said as she took Irene's hand.

"Oh, and by the way, nice jacket." she grinned and then winked at Jennie, who began to blush furiously.

They then took their leave. Jennie sighed as she wondered if Seulgi recognized Jisoo's jacket. 

It looked like Chaeng and Lisa wouldn't be back anytime soon, so she decided to stand up and look around.

Everyone was enjoying the band and singing the songs. She was enjoying the music too, but not the crowd, so she decided to head further back where she could listen without a lot of people surrounding her.

As she limped towards the back, she saw a familiar figure sitting alone on one of the benches. 

She smiled as she made her way towards the person who seemed quite busy listening to the music.

She then put her hands behind her back and jumped in front of the individual.

"Hey Twilight Sparkle! Nice hair!"

Jisoo was taken by surprise which made Jennie giggle.

"Oh, so the tough Kim Jisoo is a scaredy cat after all."

Jisoo rolled her eyes as she composed herself, "Anyone would be jumpy if a person who looks like a dumpling suddenly comes out of nowhere."

Jennie scrunched up her face.

"Wait a minute, are you calling me a dumpling?"

"Yes. A grumpy mandu."

Jennie sat beside her and pushed her by the shoulder.

"I am not a dumpling!"

"Your cheeks say otherwise."

Jennie gasped!

"No! I look like a cucumber! See?" she said as she in her cheeks to try and make it smaller.

Jisoo laughed at this and then pushed her cheeks with her finger.

"Nothing changed, you still look like a mandu. A human mandu."

"Aish! I am not!

"Yes you are."

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Am not!"

They looked at each other and then started laughing.

"God. The energy it takes to argue with you." Jisoo told her.

"Then don't argue."

"Fine. But you're still a mandu."

Jennie puffed up her cheeks.

"See? I win."

Jennie rolled her eyes.

"Whatever."

They became silent. Then the next song played. 

"Wait, I love this song! I forgot the title though." Jennie said as she tried to remember.

"Stolen."

"Oh yeah! Yeah, that's it."

(Cue song)
We watched the season pull up its own stage
And catch the last weekend of the last week

"Jisoo."

"Hmm?"

"Did you know I was injured before I ran?"

Jisoo became silent. She sighed.

"Yes."

"Why didn't you stop me?"

"I guess I felt you were not the type to be stopped when you had your mind set into it. When I saw you, I could see you wanted to prove something to yourself."

"Like what?"

"That you were not weak. I could see it in your eyes. My brother used to have the same look."

"Wait, you have a brother?"

"Yes."

"Oh. Where is he now?"

Jisoo smiled, but Jennie could see the sadness in her eyes.

"I rather not talk about it if you don't mind."

"No, of course not."

Before the gold and the glimmer have been replaced
Another sun soaked season fades away

They became silent again.

"Hey Jisoo?"

"Hmm?"

"You did well today. Thank you, again, for running the race, even if you did owe me one."

"Yeah. No problem." 

"Your hair got exposed because of it."

"It's just hair. Some things were more important." she said as both her eyes did something weird.

"What are you doing?"

"Duh...winking?"

Jennie laughed hard at this.

"Oh God, that is so uncool and just terrible!" 

"Hey! My winks get all the ladies."

"I highly doubt that. You looked like you were in pain." 

Jisoo grinned, "Fine. I don't know how to wink."

Jennie grinned back.

"No sherlock."

You have stolen my heart.

Jennie looked around and then looked at Jisoo.

"Let's go somewhere else."

"What?"

"Take me somewhere else."

" Are you ordering me midget?"

"We're the same height!"

"I'm a few centimeters taller than you! Plus you basically called my baby a death machine."

"Pleeeease?" Jennie whined, pouting. 

Jisoo looked at her while Jennie gave her the best puppy-eyed look she could muster.

Jisoo sighed.

"Fine! You pay for the gas!"

Jennie grinned happily.

"Yaaaaay!"

Jisoo rolled her eyes, "Come on, just so you know, I won't carry you!"

"I'm a strong, independent woman!" she said, then clung on to Jisoo's arm.

"Wha-"

"Don't argue, remember? Let's gooo!"

Jisoo just shook her head and smiled at her.

Jennie knew her heart was beating rapidly. But at this moment, she didn't care.

You have stolen my heart.