Surprising News

How To Win At Love

Jisoo was eating at a table near Rosé. She was close enough to hear their conversation, and shook her head at Lisa's attempt to talk to Jennie about reading.

Manoban, you can do better than that.

When Jennie left, and she heard Rosé advise her about the confession, Jisoo frowned. She could see that Chaeng was hurt, but still thought about what her best friend felt first.

Lisa, you idiot! Hurting Chaeng like that because you're a dense moron. Can't you see how kind-hearted Chaeng is? Do you know how lucky you are

She snorted, and took another bite at her sandwich, frustrated about their ongoing conversation. Someone dumped a tray in front of her.

"So now you've decided to become a stalker?"

Jisoo looked up and saw that it was Seulgi. She looked very unimpressed about her current situation.

"I'm not stalking, I'm simply observing."

"Sure. I won't be surprised if Chaeng might later think you were some kind of creep." she said, smirking at her.

"Look, I'm not gonna follow her home or anything. I am still trying to see how I can get to know her more." Jisoo said, sounding defensive.

"You know what normal people do? They talk to them. Why don't you do that instead?"

"Well, uhm. I'm...uh...kinda shy." she smiled and scratched her head. Seulgi rolled her eyes.

"Come on, Jisoo! The last person I would bet on being shy is you! You can just walk up to her and start a conversation, like you do with other girls."

"I could, but I don't know what I would say."

Seulgi looked at her best friend in the eye.

"Do you really like her or nah?"

"Of course I do!"

"Then stop being such a bottom and talk to her dude. Chaeng is just a girl, with s and a , she isn't any different."

"Alright, alright, sheesh. I'll try later."

"You better do or I'm kicking your ."

"As if you could."

"Watch me."

**************************************

Jennie Kim had reached the student council office. She opened the door and saw that Irene was already working on something. She sighed and went straight to her.

"Hey Irene! I am so sorry! It had slipped my mind that we were meeting today."

Irene looked up and smiled at her, "It's okay, Jen. I already started working on this the other night, so it's all good."

This was so typically Irene. She and Jennie have been the best of friends as long as she can remember, and both their families knew each other too. There was no doubt in Jennie's mind that she was one of the nicest and kindest people she had ever met. Not only that, Irene was a total stunner, and it wasn't surprising that a lot of people have been lining up to get her attention.

She felt guilty that she had forgotten all about their agreement due to a lot of things happening at their house.

"Still, I shouldn't have forgotten, I did make a promise to you."

"You are such a softie, Nini. It's fine, really."

"But-"

"No buts. Come on and help me finish these instead."

Jennie sighed and sat down. There was no point in arguing with Irene once she set her mind to it. As she started to work with what Irene was able to make, Jennie noticed the wallpaper on her friend's lockscreen. She gasped.

"Wait, isn't that Kang Seulgi on your lock screen?"

Irene looked up and blushed furiously. She quickly hid her phone.

Jennie eyed her suspiciously, "Why is she on your lockscreen? Care to explain?"

"I-it's nothing. Just don't mind it.", still blushing.

"Are you going out with her?"

"N-n-no!"

"Then why?"

"I-it's really nothing. Let's continue working."

Jennie crossed her arms.

"Irene Joohyun Bae, you better explain or I'm not going to be happy about this." Jennie stated, glaring at her.

Irene looked at her and sighed.

"Okay, fine! Well, uhm, actually, we have been dating for awhile now." 

Jennie raised her eyebrow, "Elaborate "for awhile", Bae."

"For about...2 months?" 

"2 months?! How come you never told me this?"

"Well, I knew you wouldn't really approve of it, but I swear, I was just looking for the right time to tell you. I just didn't know how, because I knew you would be upset."

"Upset is an understatement. You know about the crowd that Seulgi hangs out with." 

"She's not so bad once you get to know her."

"She could be a bad influence on you and you might get into trouble. She could also be playing with you because you're now the Student Council President."

"Seulgi isn't like that."

"You never know, Irene. Don't trust too easily."

"I don't, Jen. She has proven time and again that I can trust her. Can you please give her a chance? Just get to know her."

"What?"

"Even Jisoo isn't really bad. Look, I am your best friend. Can you please trust me on this?"

Jennie looked at her, still mad.

"Please Jen, this means a lot to me."

Jennie exhaled. She didn't like this one bit, but her best friend was begging her.

"Fine. But if I find something wrong with her, I will not support you on this."

"Deal."

Jennie had no choice but to go along with what Irene wanted, for now.