Confusion

How To Win At Love

Lisa was trying to chase Chaeyoung, who was laughing and taunting Lisa to catch her.

She could have caught the girl but a teammate of hers named Sorn, had suddenly distracted her, causing her to lose sight of her best friend.

"Lisa! I was looking everywhere for you!"

Lisa furrowed her eyebrows as she tried to find Chaeng in the crowd.

"Oh...uh...hey Sorn." She greeted halfheartedly as her eyes continued scanning her surroundings. 

No luck.

"Lisa, come on, I have something to show you!" she said as she pulled Lisa with her.

She tried to say something but Sorn was talking non-stop about something she had no idea of.

"...so I told them to wait and there they were so this is totally your chance!"

"Sorn, where are you taking me?"

"Have you not been listening? Ugh, it's fine, you'll understand when we get there. Ooh! There they are, come on!" she said excitedly as they ran towards a group of people.

Lisa noticed that they were mostly her soccer teammates. They greeted each other and one of them threw Lisa a bottle of soda which she caught.

"Hey Lis! We were wondering where you were." Seungyeon, their team's Left Midfielder, informed her.

"Yeah, Sorn basically told me in more words than I can count." 

The rest of the people laughed.

"Hey, be thankful that I brought you here." Sorn playfully pouted.

"Where's Chaeyoung? It's rare to see you without her." Minnie, their goalkeeper, asked curiously.

"Oh yeah, I was actually looking for her when Sorn here practically kidnapped me, so I can't stay long because I am sure she will be trying to find me."

"It's fine, we're in the same campus, she might find us soon. Anyway, meet some of our friends who joined in, Yuqi, Soyeon and Miyeon. Guys this is Lisa." Sorn said, introducing the three girls and at the same time, wiggling her eyebrows at Lisa.

"Lisa, I believe you know Miyeon?"

Lisa realized what Sorn was up to. She did know Miyeon as they used to be aquaintances when they were in middle school.

She also used to have a crush on her, and Sorn was aware of that.

However, that wasn't the case anymore and of course she didn't want to be rude to Sorn or to Miyeon.

"Yeah, that's right. Hey Miyeon, how have you been?"

"I've been good thanks! It's been awhile, huh?"

"It has been! Where do you go to school now?"

"I'm at Cube High."

"Okay, cool. What brings you here at YG?"

"Minnie knew Soyeon so she invited us here since she said it would be fun. I didn't know that I would run into you."

"What are the odds right? Uhm...look, I'm really sorry but can you just give me a sec? I just need to call someone."

"Sure." Miyeon smiled.

She excused herself to the side and dialed Chaeng's number. 

She was not answering, which surprised her. Her best friend usually picked up the phone right away.

She tried once again but still no luck. She was contemplating on sending a message because she knew the girl practically ignored them or didn't respond to them right away.

She once again tried to call when suddenly, she got distracted as she saw two familar people alone at the back, laughing about something.

It was Jisoo and Jennie.

Lisa then realized that the jacket she was wearing was Jisoo's. She should have known.

Wasn't Jennie mad at her? She asked herself.

Seeing them like this made her heart hurt.

Yeah, she hasn't confessed to Jennie yet, but she always gave her hints, but the girl made sure to spurn her attention.

Jennie was also the type to not forgive easily, plus, Jennie looked so happy. She hasn't seen the girl laugh or smile like that in awhile.

What was with Jisoo? It seemed she was able to easily break down the walls Jennie put up for herself. No one has ever done that.

Lisa was sure that Jennie wasn't aware of it, and she was very suspicious of Jisoo's motives. 

Jennie could just be a notch on her bedpost and she wasn't having that. 

She can't have her hurt Jennie. 

She was contemplating on going there when suddenly, she saw Chaeyoung walking in front of her together with Chanyeol.

She was talking animatedly with him and he was laughing at whatever story her best friend was telling him.

All thoughts of Jennie and Jisoo instantly evaporated.

Chanyeol was a talented guy and handsome as well, but girls were fair game to him.

Chaeyoung knew that and yet here she was, letting the guy flirt with her.

So that was why she didn't answer her phone.

Lisa instantly marched over to them.

"Chaeng!"

Chaeyoung turned and her eyes grew wide as she saw Lisa. She gave her a big smile as she approached her.

"Omo Lisa, I was looking everywhere for you! I thought you were playing a trick on me so you could catch me, but I wasn't able to see you anymore."

"I tried calling you but you weren't picking up."

"Oh? I'm sorry! I bumped into Chanyeol and he offered to help me find you. I had a lot of fun talking to him though so I wasn't able to notice your call."

Chanyeol was smiling at her and she had the urge to wipe that grin off of his face.

"I see. Let's go then, I'm getting bored here."

"You are? But the band just started."

"Hey, if Lisa's tired, you can come along with me and my friends, we won't be going home anytime soon." Chanyeol offered hopefully.

Lisa grabbed her best friend's hand.

"It's fine, I'm not that tired. We'll be okay on our own, thanks." she said as she practically dragged her away.

"O-okay. Bye Chan! Thank you for helping me!" she said as she waved goodbye happily. Chanyeol waved back as well.

Lisa was really not in the mood. She led Chaeyoung to a bench somewhere and sat down. She was frowning.

Chaeng noticed this and frowned too.

"Lisa? Are you okay?"

She didn't answer. She was still fuming at the thought of Chanyeol trying to make a move on her best friend.

"Are...are you mad at me?"

Lisa looked at her and saw Chaeyoung's worried face. She also noticed she was about to cry.

"No, hey. Hey! I'm not mad at you, okay?" she said holding Chaeyoung's hands.

"Then why?"

"I just...Chaengie, you know how Chanyeol is with women."

"Lisa, he was just being friendly. Besides I didn't know where you were and I was just trying to find you."

"You could have called me."

"I know, it just flew out of my mind."

"Can you just be careful with him?"

Chaeyoung puffed her cheeks, she looked quite frustrated.

"Lisa, why are you always like this?"

Lisa looked at her, confused.

"Like what?"

"Like this! You always tell me to be careful with the guys who are friendly to me, or even some lesbians. There are times you scare them away even if they haven't done anything! I don't understand you."

"It's because I want to protect you, Chaeng."

"Protect me from what exactly, Lisa?"

"From people who just might hurt you!"

Chaeng laughed at this then shook her head. 

"I think I'm old enough to make my own decisions with things like these. Don't you trust me?"

"I do, it's them I don't trust."

"That's such a lame excuse. If you trust me as your best friend, you will let me be, regardless of what you may think of those people."

"You don't know what they're capable of so I just want to protect you."

"I am perfectly capable of protecting myself thank you!"

"You don't know that!"

"I do and stop acting like you're my girlfriend!"

Chaeyoung quickly covered at this and Lisa was stunned.

Chaeyoung closed her eyes and covered her face with her palms.

She looked at her best friend and inhaled deeply.

"I'm sorry Lisa, that was...that was a stupid thing to say. Anyway, I'll just...head home."

Lisa stood up right away.

"I'll take you home."

"I'll be fine."

"Please?"

"Lisa...I just want to be alone. Can you please, please just give me this, okay?"

She was about to protest but saw that Chaeng was being serious. She felt so stupid for doing this to her and she looked at Chaeng in the eye and nodded.

"If that is what you need, then...of course."

Chaeng gave her a tight-lipped smile then turned around and walked away without saying a word.

She watched sadly as she disappeared into the night, her heart feeling heavier than before.

Congrats idiot, you just made your best friend cry.