Lucky Or Unlucky?

How To Win At Love

Lisa put on her pink bandanna, she was all fired up and ready to go.

Their team had already discussed their strategy for the Kibasen, deciding on having Yeri as their rider since she was the smallest.

Another reason for their decision was because Yeri was quite feisty and always had something up her sleeve.

Lisa would be taking the front, while Bambam and Jungkook were assigned to protect the back. 

They decided to do this as people were usually focused on downing the ones who were at the back, and stronger members would be an advantage to keep their team intact.

All four of them got ready, and both Jungkook and Bambam carried Yeri up. She was sitting on both their shoulders while her legs stretched out all the way to Lisa's shoulders.

Lisa then looked around for Jennie until she saw her. She was designated as their team's rider, while both Nayeon and Taehyung were assigned to the back and Jisoo to the front.

Lisa wondered how Jennie was holding up. She had complained almost non-stop about the fact that Jisoo was going to be her teammate and had even attempted to bribe their teacher to have her sent to a different team.

But Mr. Bang was having none of it, so Jennie didn't have a choice but to go along with what she had. 

Lisa was still kinda miffed with what Jisoo did, especially with the fact that she had taken away her chance to confess first. But she decided that perhaps maybe there was a reason for everything.

She looked at Jennie's team again and furrowed her eyebrows as she noticed that Jisoo was wearing a black beret along with her bandanna. 

She decided it was harmless and turned around to check Chaeyoung's team.

She noticed that Chanyeol seemed to be a little bit too close for comfort with Chaeng for her liking. Chaeng meanwhile, seemed to be laughing with whatever joke he had told her.

Lisa narrowed her eyes as Chanyeol continued to flirt with Chaeng. She didn't like it one bit, and Lisa always thought he was a douchebag.

They pulled up Chaeng and Lisa realized she was going to be their rider. Wendy was at the front while the other two were at the back.

Chanyeol tickled Chaeng who laughed and playfully smacked his hand away.

Lisa frowned at the scene. He was being too close for his own good. She oughtta smack that hand for being too familiar with her best friend.

Yeri tapped her head, "Hey Lisa, did you hear what I just said?"

"Huh?"

"Nevermind. Stop ogling at your girlfriend and focus on the game."

"What? She's not-"

"Yeah, yeah, she's not your girlfriend. Let's just focus, okay?"

"Uuh...sure."

"But I do say Chaeng is pretty cute." Jungkook said, looking at her and smiling.

"Yeah Lisa, can we get her number?"

"No, she's off limits."

"Does she have a boyfriend? Or girlfriend?"

"No."

"Then why-"

"She's just off limits, okay?" she said with a huff.

Jungkook and Bambam looked at each other with a knowing smile.

"Alright, alright Manoban. Backing off here." Bambam said good naturedly.

A feedback from where the stage was located was heard, and they all turned towards the sound. They saw Miss Lee holding a microphone.

"Okay girls and boys, are you ready?!"

"Yeah!!!" everyone shouted at the same time.

"At the sound of the whistle, the game will begin. Once again, please be careful not to injure each other."

Lisa braced herself. 

"On the count of three, we will begin! One...two...three!"

The whistle blew and off they went.

It was chaos! 

Their team was careful not to bump into people at random. Since Lisa was tall, she was able to see her surroundings quite well. 

Yeri was also directing them to where and which teams they should get first. 

As the game progressed, Lisa and her team were able to snatch 3 bandannas. Yeri was too good at this and was quite observant.

"Let's try to avoid some teams for now." she noted. 

However, they were not prepared when a team had tried to separate them. 

They almost did but thankfully, all 3 were quick enough to make sure their team stayed stable.

"Jesus Christ, watch out! You could hurt somebody!" Yeri yelled out.

"Were here to bring you down, Yerim!" Wendy told her.

"Bite me, Wendy!"

Lisa saw Chaeng smirking at her.

"This is the showdown we have been waiting for Lalisa!"

Chaeng fighting about food certainly her competitive spirit.

"You can try, Chaeyoung-ah, but you'll never win!"

"Don't show mercy on your girlfriend Lisaya!" Yeri shouted. 

"She's not my girlfriend!" both of them said in unison. 

They looked at each other and turned away quickly. Lisa felt her cheeks heat up.

"I don't care. Anyway team, chaaaarge!" Yeri yelled while pointing to the other team's direction.

Both teams clashed as Chaeng tried to take away Yeri's bandanna. Yeri was having some difficulty as Chaeng was taller and had a better reach than her.

Lisa observed this, and switched quickly to the side. She eyed Chanyeol and saw her opportunity to try and tackle him.

She bumped into him hard and he almost fell, but was quickly saved by Jackson. 

She smirked.

They continued to clash and Chaeng's team had almost separated several times.

Lisa saw the look of worry on her best friend's face. She realized that she was really that invested in this game.

She smiled at herself. Trust her best friend to do everything in her power when it comes to food.

She moved once again and this time, Wendy had tried to tackle her.

It really wasn't that strong of a bump, but Lisa was pushed back and had promptly fell on her . 

Their team collapsed and Yeri was thankfully caught by Jungkook and Bambam.

Chaeyoung screamed in delight and laughed as she saw Lisa's defeated face.

"Omo, Lisaya are you okay?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. My pride though might need a bit of a nursing." she said grinning sheepishly at her.

Chaeng smiled in victory.

"Well then, this means that I win the bet!"

"Unfortunately."

Yeri stood up and brushed herself off.

"As usual, your unlucky streak still gets back at us. Good game everyone." she said, and walked off the field.

"Good game guys." Jungkook told them.

"Same." Bambam piped in. He pulled Lisa up and he looked at her, then patted her on the back.

"Hope it was worth it." he whispered and winked at her, then he went off together with Jungkook.

Seeing Chaeyoung smiling and laughing happily made her soft.

Yeah, she might be unlucky, but she knew she was the luckiest person in the world to have her as a best friend.

And looking at her, she knew it was worth it every single time to lose on purpose just so she can see her happy.