Accidents

How To Win At Love

Jennie was in a sour mood when she arrived in school. The reason for her sunny disposition? Kim Jisoo.

She was aghast when their teacher read out her name as the last member of her team in the Kibasen.

She had done everything she could to convince Mr. Bang to have Jisoo switched over to a different team. She begged, she cried, even bribed him, but all she got was a stern reprimand from her teacher.

So she had no choice but to team up with her. 

She had complained to her friends about it, but in the end, there was nothing she could really do but to accept her fate.

She sighed as she entered the building and went inside her classroom, meeting up with Chaeng who had already changed into her PE uniform. 

"Hey Jennie!"

"Hey Chaeng! Lisa isn't here yet?"

"Nope. She's isn't an early bird anyway, so it's not surprising."

Jennie nodded.

She decided to head to the restroom in order to change her clothes While doing so, she bumped into Irene.

"Jennie!" she called, hugging her best friend, Jennie hugged her back.

"Hey Irene!" 

Irene smiled at her, "I was just heading over to your classroom because I wanted to give you something."

"Oh, what is it?"

Irene rummaged her bag and took out something that looked similar to a tube of toothpaste.

"Here, I found some interesting paint you could use for your arts and crafts. It's rainbow-colored so maybe you can make something out of it. Also, here's the beret you lent to me last week. Thanks for that."

Jennie's eyes lit up. She was really into making a lot of DIY stuff, so this was definitely interesting.

"Wow thanks! I could find a use for this later on."

"That's what I was thinking when I saw it." she grinned.

"Hey babe!"

Jennie and Irene looked towards where the voice was coming from. When they saw it was Seulgi, Irene's face noticeably lit up.

She gave a huge smile at Irene and wrapped her arm around her shoulders while the latter smiled dopily at her.

"I have been looking everywhere for you." she said, kissing her lips lightly.

Irene blushed.

"I was just looking for Jennie before I headed back to the classroom."

Seulgi then turned her attention towards her.

"Oh yeah! Uhm, Jennie this is Seulgi, and Seul, this is Jennie, my best friend."

Seulgi nodded her head to acknowledge her presence, "So you're the Jennie Kim I have heard so much about. Nice to finally meet you."

Jennie didn't know what to do, so she decided to give her the best fake smile she could muster. 

"Uhmm..nice to meet you too."

"I heard you and Jisoo will be teammates for your year's Kibasen. I'm looking forward to it." she said with a grin.

Jennie rolled her eyes, "I really didn't have much of a choice."

"Well, me and Irene will be rooting for your team, right babe?" she said and winked at her girlfriend. The both of them stared at each other and then started giggling about something. Jennie just raised an eyebrow at them.

"Thanks, I guess? Anyway I have to go change. I really appreciate this Irene." Jennie said as she hugged her goodbye.

"Take care, Jen! I'll see you around!"

"Yes, see ya around, Kim." Seulgi added. Jennie just gave her a polite nod and went on her way.

Jennie finally arrived at the restroom and changed her clothes. She tied her hair up in a ponytail and did some retouches on her make up.

As she rummaged her bag, she found the paint tube that Irene had given to her earlier and it spiked up her curiosity. She wanted to see what the paint would look like.

She got a piece of paper and tried to open the tube. She had a hard time doing so as it seems that the cap was shut tightly.

"Ugh, did you want your customers to not be able to open this thing?" she grumbled as she twisted and pulled on the cap several times.

Her face became redder and redder as her frustration grew. She was having a hard time opening the tube.

Finally, reaching her limit, she just squeezed on the tube really hard until she heard a pop and the cap flew away at the same time as the door to the restroom opened.

Some of the paint flew up and had, to her horror, hit the top of the head of the girl who had just arrived in the restroom.

Her eyes grew wide as she saw who the victim was.

It was Jisoo, who looked at her with an unamused expression.

Her raven hair now had a blob of rainbow paint on top of it. 

"Uhhh...I'm sorry?" she said, as she smiled sheepishly at the older girl. She was trying hard to fight off her laughter from getting out. Jisoo looked ridiculous but cute at the same time. 

"Is this your plot against me, Kim?" Jisoo asked her as she looked at herself in the mirror and sighed. 

"I said sorry! I didn't mean to do it on purpose!" she said with a pout.

Jisoo then tried to wash it away with water, but instead, to her dismay, it spread all over her hair even more, and now she had some of it on her hands too.

"Look, I know I'm a raging lesbian. But this isn't exactly how I wanted to show my pride."

"Stop with that." Jennie told her as she closed the faucet, then checked her bag to grab some acetone which she uses for removing her nail polish. 

She grabbed Jisoo's hands and poured some of it to get the paint off of her hands.

"Look, once again, I'm sorry. I can get the paint out of your hands but I can't use this on your hair as it might damage it. Wash your hands afer this." 

"So how am I going to show myself outside? I can't go out looking like this?!"

Jennie looked at her once again and smiled, Jisoo was pouting now. It made her want to take a picture of her.

Wait, she can't smile at her, she is not supposed to find her cute.

Remember Jen, you hate her guts. But I did something stupid. Wait, maybe this is her karma for what happened in the auditorium.

"Wait, I think I got an idea to help you out with that."

She got the beret that Irene returned to her and put it on her head, adjusting it as much as possible so that it fit her.

After several tries, she was finally done and she examined her work. Jisoo was still pouting but damn, she looked so beautiful.

How the heck is she so gorgeous? Dammit Kim, focus!

Jisoo raised her eyebrows as she noticed Jennie staring at her.

"See something you like?" she smirked.

"N-no! I was just trying to see if it fit you."

Jisoo shrugged.

"I still look stupid. Why the heck would I be wearing a beret?"

"It's either this or the paint. Pick a struggle."

"I hope this isn't permanent."

"It isn't. I'll tell you how to remove it after the fest."

Jisoo sighed for the nth time, "Fine."

"Give me your phone."

"Why?"

"So I can give you my number and tell you how to remove it."

Jisoo got her phone from her pocket and gave it to Jennie. 

Jennie then put in her number and rang her phone.

"There. You'll be fine."

"I worry that the wind might make the beret fly off. Anything can happen in the Kibasen."

"Just, I dunno, tie the bandanna around it? Look, I'll make sure it won't be removed from your head."

"You owe me, Jennie Kim."

"I don't owe you anything."

"You do"

"I don't."

"You do."

"I don't! Oh my God, why are you so stubborn?"

"Because I'm hot and I can get away with anything?"

"Ugh, stop. You're not that hot."

"Says the one who was staring at me."

Jennie rolled her eyes at her.

"Look, we're done here. I'm going to head back now."

"Okay."

Jennie went out of the restroom. She was annoyed, but at the same time, she couldn't ignore the fact that her heart was beating really fast.