The Perfect Storm

How To Win At Love

A/N: Let's take a mini break from Jensoo and Chaelisa and give some love to Seulrene. 😊

**************************************************************

Irene was busy checking with the attendance list of the Year 3B students who had won the school-sponsored beach outing during the sportsfest.

She was still feeling a bit drowsy, as she had to wake up earlier than she was used to.

Unfortunately, Mr. Bang had come down with an illness, and Miss Lee needed another person to help her chaperone the students on their trip.

No other teacher was available, so Miss Lee had to ask Irene if she was willing to fill in his shoes on such short notice.

She had agreed, and to her delight, Miss Lee also allowed her to bring another person with her if she wanted.

The person in question had just arrived, grinning at her like an idiot.

Funny how the both of them fell for one another when Irene really disliked the girl and Seulgi had felt that way too.

She had found her arrogant and cocky, the type of person who was not scared to bend or even break the rules. 

They've had their share of arguments in the past, and she was adamant at keeping away from her and her group of friends who had a bad reputation in the school.

Seulgi also got on her nerves a lot of times, anyone who saw them back then would never have thought that they would end up together.

But their paths crossed once again when Seulgi worked for a summer job in one of their family's cafés, and her father had also asked her to work there so she could understand how it feels to earn for her own keep. 

He also wanted her to understand what it felt like being employed at one of their ventures. There was no special treatment given to her.

At first, they were always at odds with each other, but as time went by, they got to know one another. 

Irene discovered a softer side of Seulgi. She noticed how she took her work seriously and always thought about her co-employees. She was not above working extra hours if another one of them had an emergency and needed someone to cover for them.

Though she loved teasing her friends, she was very loyal to them, especially Jisoo. She had seen first hand how she defended her when times got rough and how she always had her back, and Jisoo was the same as well.

Small talks became lunch dates, and lunch dates turned to dinner. Later on, it was not surprising to see them go home late just so they could spend more time with each other.

Irene found herself falling for her, but it scared her. She didn't know if she could trust Seulgi, especially knowing her reputation.

But Seulgi had confessed and proved to her time and again how much Irene meant to her and gave her every reason to trust her.

So it was really not that difficult for her to take that leap of faith and let Seulgi catch her.

It was probably one of the best decisions in her life. The girl made her happy, and she could not ask for more than to be by her side.

Seulgi wrapped her in her arms and kissed her forhead.

"Good morning, beautiful. You seem quite busy." 

"Mhmm, good morning." she said as she inhaled her girlfriend's scent. It was addicting to say the least. 

"Just had to make sure everyone is accounted for."

"My baby is so hardworking. You didn't have to come along, you know."

"Yeah, but I just wanted to help Miss Lee. Besides, you didn't have to either, and yet here you are."

"I need to make sure the sharks won't get you."

"You just love me."

Seulgi smiled at her, "You got me."

"Ugh, get a room you two. It's too early in the morning and you're being this disgusting."

They both turned and saw Jisoo, giving them an annoyed look and pretending to barf.

"You're just jealous because you don't have a proper girlfriend." Seulgi teased.

"I don't need a proper girlfriend to get laid, thanks."

"Oho, so why is there no progress with either Rosé or Jennie?"

"Why does Jennie always come up in this conversation?"

"Because I am the captain of your ship and it is my duty to make sure it sails."

"That's really corny."

"It may be to you, but that is the truth, right babe?"

Irene just giggled at what she said and got back to checking the attendance.

Jisoo just rolled her eyes and sighed.

"I could have just stayed at home. You know how much I don't like the beach, Seul."

"You could have but here you are. Why are you blaming me for your life's decisions?"

"You basically blackmailed me you poor excuse of a best friend."

Seulgi feigned a shocked expression, "I am hurt by this accusation! I would never!"

"You owe me chicken! You better buy me chicken!"

Yeah, yeah. Well, like what they said, you are what you eat." Seul said, grinning micheviously.

"That's it!"

Irene watched as Jisoo chased Seulgi around until she caught her and tried to do a headlock around the girl.

When she was successful, they were both laughing and Seulgi tried to call uncle.

Finally Jisoo let go of her.

"So sensitive, Sooya!" Seulgi told her as she tried to fix her shirt.

"You're still as weak as ever."

"Whatever. Oh, you're girlfriend is coming over. Be nice."

Irene looked up and saw Jisoo turn around and see Jennie walking towards her.

She chuckled because Jisoo did not protest when Seulgi basically called her her girlfriend.

She smiled to herself as she saw Jennie interact with her.

She has known Jennie since they were kids, and she has never seen her open up quickly to another person.

Jennie was one who always had her guard up, but was soft like marshmallows once she let you in.

But Jisoo just somehow steamrolled herself into her life, unknowingly and effortlessly breaking the walls of the usually distant Jennie Kim.

Though Jisoo complained that Jennie was getting too close for her liking, she never once heard her say it to her best friend.

Could it be that Jisoo does like her but is in denial with her feelings? 

Seulgi came up to her and looked at the both of them.

"You know, Jisoo hates skinship, especially when the person doing it isn't that close to her."

"Whipped if you ask me." 

Seulgi grinned at her.

"That's why you're my girl."

Irene kissed her on the cheek.

"They're both idiots if you ask me."

"Well, I'm her best friend so I can definitely vouch for that. She keeps talking about Chaeng but let's Jennie in."

"She probably doesn't realize it yet."

"Most likely. She keeps on insisting about Chaeyoung. I wonder why? There must be something she's not telling me."

"Well you know her more than I do, so you could be right."

Seulgi looked thoughtful.

"I'll definitely get to the bottom of this."

"I am sure you will babe. But first, let's keep on stoking the flame that's building up here."

Seulgi smirked.

"I really love the way you think."