Things That Take Awhile To Understand

How To Win At Love

Jennie was still clinging to Jisoo's arm as they walked to the school's parking lot, the latter wondering how she always gets into these situations.

It would have been easier to say no, but for some reason, she was incapable of saying it to the tiny mandu currently latched on to her like a koala.

They finally reached her bike, she looked at Jennie who seemed happy enough to just hold on to her for as long as she could.

She sighed, "Are you going to keep on holding on like this even if I am driving?"

"Is it possible?" Jennie asked her, wide eyed.

"Sure, if you want an accident to happen."

Jennie let go immediately, but was pouting. 

Was she always such a baby? She could only recall the moments that Jennie was putting on that resting face that she was quite famous for.

She gave Jennie one of her helmets and leaned a bit into her motorcycle.

"So, where do you want to go, Princess?"

Jennie shrugged.

"I don't know."

Jisoo sighed.

"You wanted to get out of here, so you must have at least a place in mind."

"Not really, I just wanted to go somewhere. Anywhere."

"Anywhere?"

"Yup! You can take your pick!" she said, using that damned gummy smile.

It was like some sort of weapon that this girl used to incapacitate her. She wielded it like Kryptonite and it gave her weird bouts of arrhythmia.

"I can't think of something."

"I can't believe that, you have a bike so you must have been to many places."

"I'm drawing a blank at the moment."

She really was, she couldn't think of anything.

Jennie puffed up her cheeks.

"Are you just saying that so we don't have to go anywhere?"

"I wish I was but I'm not kidding."

Jennie looked disappointed. 

She did not like looking at a disappointed mandu.

You're getting way to soft, Kim Jisoo. 

"Look, how about this. You think of somewhere we can go first then I can try and think of another place we can hang out."

Jennie's face brightened immediately. She began wearing the helmet and looked at her with determination.

"Well then, if that's the case let's go to the convenience store nearby and buy some ice cream." she said happily.

Jisoo cocked an eyebrow but decided to just go with the flow. She took her helmet and wore it, then she rode her motorcycle and gunned the engine.

She looked at Jennie, who was looking at the bike uncertainly.

"Wait, don't tell me you're still scared?"

"A little, but it's not that." She said, biting her lip.

Jisoo realized right away what was holding her back.

"Princess, just use your left foot on the foot peg, and put your hands on my shoulders. Use them to lift yourself up and you will be able to ride the bike without any trouble."

Jennie hesitated at first but then nodded. She followed Jisoo's instructions and she was able to get on the bike.

"Yaaay!" she said, clapping her hands like some excited kid.

Jisoo chuckled.

"Well then, remember to hold on tight."

To her surprise, Jennie wrapped her arms around her and hugged her, squishing her body onto her back.

She stiffened a bit as she felt jolts of electricity surge throughout her entire body, her heart beating rapidly at the same time.

She breathed in to calm herself down.

Okay, that was weird, but it's nothing to be worried about. She told herself.

The girl was getting too close for comfort. She normally was the type who detested clinginess, but for some reason, she didn't have the heart to tell Jennie off.

She decided to ignore whatever this was and drove off, focusing instead on the road.

When they finally arrived at the store, Jennie was having some trouble getting off due to her injury.

So Jisoo put up her bike stand and got off, then smiled at Jennie who looked like a helpless kid.

She's such a baby. Who knew? 

"Alright, come on Princess, hold on to me so I can help you out of there."

Jennie looked at her.

She decided to make the first move and held on to her waist. 

Jennie then put her arms around her neck and leaned her head into her shoulder.

Jisoo was taken aback by her action, but most of all, with the fact that Jennie smelled so good.

Like strawberries and warm ocean breeze. 

Jisoo, focus!

She then lifted Jennie up a bit until she was able to finally get off of her motorcycle.

They held on to each other a bit longer than necessary, Jisoo feeling her heart beating rapidly. The sound of it was pounding in her ears and it felt like it was threatening to explode out of her chest.

She let go immediately.

"Uhm...so we're here. Weren't you talking about ice cream?" she asked, feeling a bit awkward.

Jennie nodded.

"You stay here, I'll go buy it for us. What flavor do you like?"

"I'm fine, just buy one for yourself."

The mandu cheeks were showing up again. She wasn't taking no for an answer.

"You have to eat it with me, it's lonely if I only get it for myself. Come on, what's your favorite flavor?"

Jisoo sighed. This was going to be a long night.

"Fine. Chocolate."

"See, that wasn't so hard." she smirked, and went inside the store.

Jisoo leaned in into her bike, trying to make sense of everything.

Jennie made her do things she didn't normally agree to, made her feel things she never felt before.

What was it with her?

It annoyed her to no end, yet here she was, doing things this midget asked of her. 

Jennie finally came out of the store holding on to two cones of ice cream and gave her the chocolate one.

They ate in silence, which was pleasantly comfortable.

Jennie looked at her, and smiled at her with an amused expression.

"What?"

"You look cute eating ice cream with rainbow hair."

She almost forgot about that.

"Ugh, you better tell me how to remove this."

"What if I prefer your hair that way?"

"Well, then that means I'll have to color your hair in this style too."

"I can easily remove it."

"I'll recolor it everyday if I have to."

She pouted.

"You're no fun."

"Says the human dumpling."

"I'm not a dumpling!"

"Yes you are. Get used to it, the truth will set you free."

Jennie glared at her.

"Glaring at me still won't change it."

"Hmph."

She laughed as continued to eat her ice cream. 

"I was just curious about something." Jennie told her.

"What about?"

"Why a motorcycle? Why not a car when it's safer?"

Jisoo finished her cone and wiped her face with a napkin. She gave it some thought.

"Well, I understand that it is much more dangerous than a car, but there's a feeling that a bike gives you that a car can never do."

"Like what?"

"It makes you keenly aware of your own mortality. There's a sense of thrill and freedom when driving one, like everything is at the tip of your fingertips. You see everything and you feel everything rushing at you, and it makes you lose yourself into that emotion. At the same time, you also can't relax, you have to be aware at every turn because one wrong move can snuff you out in an instant. It makes you feel alive."

"How come I can't feel that?"

Jisoo chuckled.

"Because you have your eyes closed the whole time. How can you enjoy something if you let your fear take over you?"

"I can keep my eyes open if I want to!"

"Sure."

"I can!" She insisted.

Jisoo smirked. She had decided on the next place they were going to.

"Prove it to me first, Princess."

"I will!"

"Well then, put on your helmet, I'm taking you out for an actual ride."

Jennie quickly wore it and Jisoo was amused at how much she wanted to prove herself to her.

"Let's go then." she said confidently.

Jisoo rode her bike and Jennie gingerly got herself on again.

She the engine and put on her helmet.

"Remember: eyes open."

"Too easy."

This is going to be fun.