These Are My Confessions

How To Win At Love

Jisoo had been listening intently to Jennie and Chaeyoung's conversation. They did not notice her presence at the back since she was busy pretending to be reading something.

. Chaeng's going to confess to Lisa! Jisoo groaned. Oh my God, what if Lisa realizes that she likes her after all? Jisoo thought, drumming her fingers on her desk.

This is not good, not good at all. I have to do something!

Jisoo was deep in thought until the bell rang. She decided to skip the next class, she needed some time to think. 

She decided to stay at the school's bleachers since no one really went there during class hours. 

Apparently, she wasn't the only one who had the same idea. She saw two of her friends, Moonbyul and Sooyoung, heading towards there as well.

Moonbyul's eyes lit up when she saw her and ran towards her, Sooyoung trailing along.

"Jisoo! Dude, it's been awhile!" Moonbyul exclaimed, hugging her. Sooyoung followed as well, all three of them grinning at each other. 

"It has been awhile, hasn't it?" Jisoo told them, while they walked towards the stands.

"Yeah, it's because you and Seulgi are too busy trying not to hang out with us." Sooyoung said, rolling her eyes.

"You know how it is guys."

Moonbyul and Sooyoung looked at her, they knew what was up. There was  really nothing much they could do about it.

"Where's Momo anyway?" Jisoo asked.

"Oh, she wanted to come with, but her Physics teacher knew her mom so she couldn't skip it." Moonbyul answered, shrugging.

"How about Seulgi? Where is she?" Sooyoung asked as well.

"She's too busy being whipped by Irene."

"And here I was thinking that you guys discovered that you liked each other and started dating. I was rooting for JiSeul to happen too."

Jisoo scrunched up her face.

Sooyoung and Moonbyul both laughed, clearly amused at her expression.

"I didn't know your secret kink was to have me and Seul get it on."

They laughed even harder. Jisoo shook her head and grinned as she sat down. She missed these crackheads, that's for sure.

"Hey Sooya, does blondie know you're whipped for her yet?" Moonbyul curiously asked.

Jisoo pouted and furrowed her eyebrows.

"I...haven't made a move on her."

Moonbyul and Sooyoung looked at each other.

"Knowing you, that's surprising. Why not?"

"I dunno, maybe because she likes someone else and is about to confess to her later?"

"So?! The Sooya, what is this weak- I am hearing from your mouth?!" Moonbyul said, punching her on the arm.

"Hey, I'm not weak!"

"Says the one who's crying because her crush likes somebody else."

"Because her crush is her best friend, and although the is dense, she might like her back!" Jisoo countered.

Sooyoung laughed.

"So now you're happy with my misery?"

"No stupid, it's because the answer is just simple."

Jisoo looked at her with a puzzled expression. "That's what they always say about Math."

Sooyoung rolled her eyes.

"Just tell her first! Like you know, Chaeyoung, I like you! Wanna make out?! Problem solved."

"Well, Soo does have a point." Moonbyul agreed.

"She would most certainly reject me."

"So? At least she KNOWS. So when she's about to confess, she'll have you at the back of her mind. Plus, you don't know if she'll do that." Sooyoung told her.

"Need I remind you she likes somebody else?"

"It's still not a hundred percent guarantee that she will reject you. The key word here Sooya is try before she confesses to Manoban. Also, we don't even know how she'll react to your crush confessing her feelings to her."

"Wait...how'd you know it was her?"

Sooyoung sighed, "You mentioned best friend. Who else is Park's best friend?"

"Okay. But..."

"No buts. Just do it! If she doesn't like you, the world isn't going to end and there's plenty of fish in the sea."

"Plus there's a difference if she knows you like her, less chance of her friendzoning you. You can also prove to her how actually awesome you are."

Jisoo contemplated this. They did have a point. So she got up, puffed up her chest and nodded.

"My mama didn't raise no weak- ! I will go ahead and confess to Park Chaeyoung!"

"That's the spirit!" Sooyoung cheered!

"Thank God! We're gonna go watch you crash and burn!" Moonbyul said with a wicked grin.

"What did you say?" Jisoo glared.

"I mean...we're going to watch you get your happy ending. Woohoo!"

"That's more like it."

**************************************

"Okay, you guys can follow but you have to make sure you two are far enough so she wouldn't notice your presence or else she might think I'm planning to kidnap her or something." Jisoo told her friends, who both had mischevious glints in their eyes.

"Don't worry Sooya, we'll just be here, supporting you from afar like the amazing friends that we are." Moonbyul said solemnly.

"Yes, we got your back!" Sooyoung chimed in.

"Uh-huh. Just make sure you two idiots aren't seen."

Both of them saluted and nodded.

All 3 of them walked around campus trying to find Chaeyoung. 

Jisoo saw Jennie get into the theater arts building. She was about to head in another direction when she saw Lisa walking towards the building with Chaeyoung following closely behind. It was clear that Lisa had no idea that her best friend was there.

", there she is!" Jisoo said, while walking towards her direction.

"This looks like an interesting development." Moonbyul whispered to Sooyoung excitedly.

"I just wish I had popcorn." Sooyoung replied and they both snickered. Jisoo chose to ignore them.

Both Lisa and Chaeng had already entered the building. Jisoo hurridly went in and started looking for her. She was getting frantic. She needed to confess to her first!

Sooyoung tapped Jisoo on the back.

"I saw a blondie go in that door. Hurry!"

Jisoo immediately opened the door and saw Lisa up ahead on the stage with some other people.

Oh no, Chaeng where are you?

Then at the corner of her eye, she saw her.

Dammit! I don't care if I make a fool out of myself. It's now or never!

Jisoo quickly grabbed her hand, knelt down and closed her eyes to fight her growing panic and anxiety.

"I'm sorry if I am shocking you like this but I had no choice! I know it must come as a surprise to you, especially from someone like me. But I wanted you to know that from the very first time I laid my eyes on you, my heart has not stopped beating rapidly whenever I am in your presence. People may not know you, but I see how you can brighten someone else's day with a simple smile. Everything you do, you do with purpose and conviction, and you always do the best that you can to stay strong for yourself. When you look at me, my knees go weak, my mouth refuses to say words I long to say to you. You're one of the most beautiful girls I know, inside and out, and that's what makes you special to me. I am telling you this because I wanted you to know that despite what you may think about yourself, someone here likes you, and would do absolutely anything for you, even if you may not feel the same way."

The room became completely silent.

Jisoo could feel Chaeng's hand trembling in hers and she squeezed it to comfort her, it felt soft and warm, plus it fit her hand perfectly. She always thought that Chaeng's hands would be bit bigger than hers, since she was taller, but she was wrong. It must be a sign.

She was still nervous, it felt like hours had gone by and yet she had not said anything. Finally she spoke.

"Jisoo...I..."

Wait. Why does she sound different? Yet, that voice is still quite familiar.

Jisoo's nervousness rose up, Chaeng was just probably as scared as her, that's most likely why she sounded weird.

Jisoo slowly opened her eyes, a feeling of dread now overcoming her nervousness.

She finally saw her face and her eyes grew wide.

Jennie Kim was in front of her, wearing a blonde wig.

And it was her hand that Jisoo was holding on to.

.