Blue and Yellow

How To Win At Love

A/N: 

Lisa, I love you 3270 💛

**************************************************************

Chaeyoung had just finished her Chemistry class with Jennie and they were now headed towards the cafeteria for their lunch break.

"Gosh, look at all the work Mr. Choi left for us. This is going to be a boring weekend." Jennie complained.

"Tell me about it. We still have that paper due in History and don't get me started with the oration we have to do for English."

"They are driving us into madness I tell you."

"I know right?"

Jennie then stopped and closed her eyes.

"."

"What?"

"I think I forgot my notes inside the room. Wait, let me check."

Chaeng watched Jennie rummage through her bag. She heard her groan in frustration when she couldn't find it.

"Damn it. Rosie, just go on ahead, I'll catch up in a bit."

"Alright, don't take too long."

"I won't!" Jennie said as she started to do a half jog on her way back to their room.

Chaeyoung then proceeded towards her destination.

As she entered the cafeteria, she tried to find a familiar face, but couldn't, so she decided to get in line to buy her lunch.

Once she had finished choosing her food and paying, she then tried to find an empty table so she could eat and wait for Jennie.

When she finally found one, she started walking towards it when suddenly, her leg caught on something and she fell face first onto the ground, causing her to spill her lunch all over the place.

Her body started hurting in some places, but not as much as her pride.

Being embarrassed in public was not something anyone would look forward to.

She heard some laughter in the background, which made her face turn beet red. She also felt a pair of arms try to help her up.

"Oh my God, Chaeyoung, are you okay?" Wendy asked, concerned.

Chaeng got up slowly and just nodded her head in response.

"Does it hurt anywhere?"

"A bit, but I think I'll be okay. Thanks Wannie."

"If I were you Wendy, I wouldn't help out a fake- person like her."

Chaeyoung turned towards the sound and saw it was Chanyeol, along with his friends Baekhyun, Tao and Lay.

All of them were laughing at her.

"Shut up Chan and stop being an . Chaeyoung is not that kind of person." Wendy told him off.

"I'm just telling the truth from first-hand experience."

"Acts all nice and is actually a . You know what they say about 'nice girls'." Baekhyun added, making an air finger quote.

All of them guffawed as if it was the funniest thing they heard. Other people sniggered too.

Chaeng noticed a lot of people were staring at them now. She was starting to feel sick.

"Shut your traps about Chaeng you bastards. What are you trying to prove huh?" Yeri butted in out of nowhere.

Chanyeol shrugged, "That she's a tease and likes to drag people along for the ride, then laughs and skips away after you've been trapped."

"Sounds like you're one of those losers who can't handle rejection." Yeri informed him, crossing her arms.

Chanyeol face turns red with anger.

"Don't you dare make assumptions of me, Yerim! Look! She's all quiet and can't even defend herself."

Rosé was trembling. She didn't know how to handle this kind of situation. She didn't know what kind of thing she had done to Chanyeol to deserve this.

She was about to cry.

"Awwwe look, miss fake is about to bawl her eyes out." Baekhyun told them in a sing song voice. 

"They're all fake. You know what they say, birds of the same feather flock together."

They all laughed again. Some students were even agreeing.

Chaeyoung couldn't hold it in anymore, she was about to cry when she felt a familiar hand intertwine with hers.

She turned her head and saw Lisa.

She wasn't facing Chaeyoung.

Although her expression looked calm, Chaeng could see the simmiring anger that was starting to boil up beneath her eyes. 

"Pretty much sums up why es like you got together." Lisa told them.

"Oh look, it's the lesbian best friend coming to the rescue! Do you think it will win you brownie points from her?" Chanyeol smirked.

"I don't need brownie points from Chaeng, unlike you who's so desperate to get them from her. Stop acting like a basic . It doesn't suit you."

Chanyeol got up and clenched his fist.

"Lisa..." Chaeyoung called out weakly.

Lisa squeezed her hand, then looked at her.

"Are you alright?" she whispered softly.

Chaeng looked at her and just nodded quickly, trying to hold back her tears.

"Hah! It's obvious you like her. But as a witness to how she really is, she likes to lead people on. You are no different, Lisa. Just admit that Chaeng likes to play with people's feelings."

Lisa bored her eyes into Chanyeol's as she spoke.

"It's not my problem if your fragile ego has been hurt, but it is MY problem when you spread false information about the most important person in my life. At least Chaeng had the balls and the decency to be nice to you, and you decided to take advantage of her kindness. Then when you couldn't get what you wanted, you try to destroy her reputation? Your brain is as huge as your ing micro-. Also, get over yourselves, I've hooked up with hotter girls than with all four of you combined."

The rest of the cafeteria hooted at Lisa's response and the four of them looked flustered.

Chanyeol was able ro get his bearings back quickly though, and smirked at her.

"But not the girl who matters to you."

Chaeyoung's lips trembled. They got it all wrong! Why were they thinking that Lisa likes her?

Lisa smiled.

"Who said that I haven't?"

Chaeyoung's eyes grew wide as Lisa turned to look at her.

Both her hands cupped her face, and Chaeng gave her a questioning look.

"Chaeyoung-ah, do you trust me?" she whispered to her.

She looked into her best friend's eyes which was full of determination, softness and care.

"Yes." she answered, her heart racing at the thought of what it could mean.

Lisa smiled and slowly moved her face towards her, and out of instinct, Chaeng closed her eyes.

As the seconds ticked by, she finally felt Lisa's soft lips on hers. 

It wasn't the electric, mind-boggling effect that most people talked about.

Instead, it was chaste, soft and sweet, like she could get lost in it forever if she wanted to. It made her feel safe and...at home. 

The kiss was only for a few seconds, but it made her feel like it lasted longer. 

When Lisa pulled back, she breathed deeply and put her forehead on Chaeyoung's.

The rest of the cafeteria went wild. Shouts of 'finally' and 'congratulations' were heard all around.

Chanyeol was staring at them, mouth agape.

"And that's how you get a girl, Chanyeol!" Wendy told him. Yeri just laughed.

"God, what took you so long, Lisa?" Yeri shouted happily.

Chaeyoung felt elated but confused at the same time. What was Lisa trying to pull? Didn't she reject her not too long ago?

"I know what you're thinking, but I want to explain myself. Can we go somewhere we can talk privately?" 

Chaeyoung sighed. Maybe Lisa did this just to protect her. Might as well get over with it.

"Okay."

Lisa held her hand, and she didn't refuse her.

They walked past Jennie who was smirking at them.

"I should say I told you so, but just handle it, Manoban."

Lisa grinned and winked at her.

"I will, Kim."

Lisa led her towards the rooftop.

When they got there, they sat on one of the available benches.

Lisa then rummaged her bag and got her a pair of sandwiches and something to drink.

"Eat up, I know you're hungry, you spilled your lunch after all."

"Thank you."

She WAS hungry, so she started to eat one of the sandwiches. Lisa was looking at her, amused.

"What?"

"You look so adorable, you know that?"

Chaeyoung sighed.

"Look Lisa, let's stop this teasing thing that you do. It's not really helping. Plus, you...you just kissed me!"

"I know."

"You rejected me. I mean, I am okay with that, you not feeling the same way. But you gotta stop sending me these mixed signals, it's making me go crazy!"

Lisa looked at her.

"I'm sorry Chaeyoung-ah. You're best friend is one stupid person."

"I'm glad you know that! I don't know what do with you. I mean, I wish you would say 'I like you too', but-"

"I like you too."

"-but you-wait, what?"

"I said, I like you too."

Chaeyoung stared at her, even more confused than before.

"I'm sorry, what?" she said, not believing with what she was just hearing.

Lisa chuckled.

"I said, I like you too. More than you know."

Chaeyoung opened and closed like a goldfish.

"B-b-but y-y-you said..." she spluttered.

Lisa held her hands.

"Yes, I know. I rejected you Chaeyoung, I did. Honestly because I know I don't deserve someone like you. It was the stupidest thing I ever did, and I hurt you because of it." she said sadly.

"I-I don't understand."

Lisa inhaled, and looked into her eyes.

"For the longest time, Chaeyoung-ah, I've always had a crush on you since we first met. You were this beautiful and radiant person which brought so much life to everyone, and here I am, just a klutz. Always the annoying person that people had to deal with, yet you didn't seem to mind at all. At first, it was nothing, until my feelings grew and grew, and I became scared of them. I was scared that if I told you, I would lose you. So basically, I was that person who decided to keep the friendship and just not let my emotions get in the way."

"But why did you reject me if that was the case?"

"Because I felt I wasn't good enough. That maybe in time, because of who I am, I would be the person to drive you away, and someday, because I decided to listen to how I feel, I would eventually lose you. That scares me so much."

Chaeyoung was staring at her, she could feel the sincerity in Lisa's voice. She knew she wasn't lying.

"But what about Jennie?"

Lisa smiled.

"I did like Jennie in a way, but I realized later on it was more on because I was running away in fear from what I truly felt. I also thought "protecting" you from other people would help find you happiness with the right person, and I was wrong for doing that. I was being selfish because I couldn't face the reality of not being able to risk it and open up myself to you. But I realized that I should have said something, even if my hands were shaking. Because at the end of the day, I know that I would rather waste all of my time with you."

Chaeyoung didn't know what to say to all of this.

Lisa sighed.

"Look, I know I have been such a with all my decisions. I am not expecting you to just be okay with it. I hurt you and there is no excuse for that. I am so sorry for everything. What I can do is to make sure that I will be better, that's it. In time, you'll find someone worthy of you."

Lisa looked down. 

Chaeyoung's heart softened at Lisa's confession. Yes, it was true that she had aggravated her more than usual but at the end of the day, the heart wants what it wants.

Right now, it wanted so badly the person in front of her.

She held Lisa's face and and made her look up at her.

"You are such an idiot, Lalisa Manoban."

"I know, I-mmph!"

Chaeyoung had shut her up with a kiss. 

At first, Lisa, who was caught by surprise, didn't react, but then she slowly responded to it.

Chaeyoung put all the things she felt into that kiss, if words could not get through to how she truly felt for her, maybe this could.

The rhythm of the kiss slowly built up in intensity. Chaeng's hands began to tangle up Lisa's hair, and the younger pulled her closer by holding on to her waist and her other hand at the base at the back of her neck.

Lisa's tounge began to beg for entrance, and she opened to let her in.

Chaeyoung whimpered a soft moan as the girl began to expertly play around , making her feel dizzy.

When they finally ran out of breath, they broke the kiss, panting hard.

Lisa grinned at her, then kissed her softly on the forehead.

Chaeyoung smiled.

"Once again, you are an idiot. But you are my idiot. I like you for who you are, your flaws and all, and I have seen you work hard to be a better person. Who you are to me is more than enough. Why would I ever let you leave without fighting for you until my dying breath? Don't underestimate me, Lisaya." she told her, pouting.

Lisa looked at her.

"Are you sure, Chaeyoung-ah?"

Chaeng rolled her eyes and laughed.

"Does this face look unsure to you?"

Lisa smiled widely.

"No."

"Good. So, now what?"

"Well, I guess there's just one thing left to do."

"What?"

Lisa looked at her shyly.

"Will you be my best friend and my girlfriend, Chaeyoung-ah?"

Chaeyoung grinned at her.

"Took you long enough. Hmmm...I'll think about it."

Lisa pouted. Chaeng laughed and pecked her lips.

"Impatient as always. Of course, it's a yes."

Lisa bit her lip and then smiled widely like an idiot.

"You just made me the happiest person in the world, Park."

"The feeling's mutual, Manoban."

They smiled at each other, and shared another kiss. They continued to be in each other's arms until their lunch break was finally at an end.