Crazy/Beautiful

How To Win At Love

Seulgi got her stuff ready, and her other  friends did the same. Solar was trying to discourage them from leaving, but nothing was going to change their minds.

They knew how impulsive Jisoo could get when she was letting her emotions fuel her thoughts.

"Seul, please, just wait for my dad at least. He'll be able to sort this out." she pleaded.

Seulgi sighed, she felt tired, and she knew that Solar meant well, but they had to do this quick in order avoid any further trouble for Jisoo.

"I understand Solar, but time is running out. I know Jisoo enough to get what she is thinking. I  am her best friend, and she is basically family. We don't leave family alone when they need us."

"But you're going to get into even more trouble if you go after her." Solar reasoned.

"That is probable, but we really need to stop Jisoo before she does something she might regret. Besides, this is also my fault for not telling her." she replied.

"How could it be your fault?"

Seulgi looked at Solar.

"Jisoo doesn't trust cops for a reason. Since she was little, they have only disappointed her up until she grew up. Do you think we didn't try several times for them to do something about the drugs here? Now that Jennie is in danger, all she can think of is trying to save her, and she doesn't want to place her trust in people who hasn't done a thing for her when she needed them. Me telling her what we talked about would have avoided this from happening at least. That's why we need to go after her. Please tell your dad what we're about to do. If he can send backup soon, then at least, our safety can be guaranteed." Seulgi explained to her.

Solar looked at Moonbyul for help, who then avoided her eye contact.

"Just think about it, please."

"My mind is made up." she says, then she looks at her friends.

"You guys don't have to go. You can stay here, especially you Soo, since you're still recovering. I don't want to place you guys in any unnecessary danger." she tells them.

"Are you kidding? No way in hell am I staying put for this. We've always done things together. It's all for one, or none at all, right?" Sooyoung says.

"Right. When it comes to family, no one gets left behind." Momo added.

Moonbyul crossed her arms.

"Solar might kill me when I get back, but yes, family is more important. Let's drag Kim's stubborn back home."

Seulgi grinned at them.

"Well then, let's go."

They were about to head out when they heard a knock on the door. Could it be Jisoo? 

Seulgi ran towards the door and opened it excitedly but suddenly froze when she saw a very angry looking Irene staring at her and an impatient looking Chaeyoung at her side.

"Uh...babe? What are you doing here?" she asks uncertainly. She had a feeling Solar had something to do with this.

Irene pushed the door open and glared at her.

"You tell me babe. What is everyone doing here?" she countered.

Seulgi took a deep breath, she really didn't have time to argue with her girlfriend at this moment.

"Babe, I know this looks bad, and I guess it is, but I promise to explain everything to you when we get back."

Irene looked at her, her lips pressed together in anger.

"And who told you it was okay with me to put yourself in danger Kang Seulgi?"

Oh no.

"Baby please, not now. I promise, I'll make it clear to you once this is over."

"So you wait until then? When I don't know what will happen to you?"

"We are just going to get Jisoo back, I swear that's it. Please trust me on this."

"But did she have to bring Lisa?"

Both Irene and Seulgi looked at Chaeng, who looked honestly spooked by the whole thing.

"Chaeyoung, I'm sorry, we did not expect Lisa to help Jisoo. That is why it is important that we leave right now so we can get them back safely." Seulgi explained to her.

"Seul,we really need to leave soon." Moonbyul told her. Irene just glared at her.

Seulgi looked at her girlfriend.

"I'm sorry babe, I need to leave. I love you, okay?"

"Seul, if you leave, I swear I am breaking up with you."

Seulgi froze.

"Baby, please."

"I'm serious."

"What for?"

"For your safety!" Irene shouted. She was breathing heavily and looked quite frustrated. Seulgi's heart went out to her, she knew she was very worried, and as much as she wanted to ease her pain, she couldn't. She had to do this.

She clenched her fists, then she hugged Irene tightly.

"I love you babe, but my best friend needs me. I'm sorry." she says as she kissed her on the forehead.

She nods at her three other friends and they headed out.

She didn't look back.

She couldn't, or else she might not be able to have the strength to fight what was she was feeling.

**************************************

Jisoo drive quickly towards the docks. It was an open secret that the headquarters of the drug gang assigned to their area was located there.

She was certain they had Jennie hidden in there somewhere.

She killed her engine and got off, Lisa following behind as they arrived at an area nearby.

She took off her helmet and looked at Lisa, who seemed quite determined to help at any cost.

She was grateful for her, sure, but she was not about to let the girl get into any danger just for her sake.

"Lisa, thank you so much for everything, but right now, I need you to go home. This is for your own safety." she informed her.

Lisa scrunched up her nose.

"But Jisoo, I can be quite useful. I don't want you to head in there without any back-up, that's suicidal. Plus, you mentioned they got Jennie, right?" Lisa replied.

Chaeyoung and Jennie would kill her at the same time if something happened to this kid.

She supposed she could be useful for one more thing that wasn't dangerous.

She shrugged and opened her backpack. She went through her stuff and finally found what she was looking for. She extracted a pair of binoculars and handed it to Lisa, who was a bit surprised.

She then pointed to a water tower nearby.

"Since you're so determined, you can help me out with this instead. I need you to climb up that water tower and check out how tight their security is. Since you're tall, you should be able to see more than me at a vantage point. Report to me the number of patrols, what direction they are at, do they talk on their radios every few minutes and stuff. This will be useful later."

Lisa took the binoculars and nodded.

"I need you to stay there for about 15 minutes so you can observe their movements, then report back to me afterwards."

"Aye aye, captain!" Lisa said and gave her a mock salute. She then hurried over to her designated location.

She leaned on her bike as she watched the girl climb up the water tower. She wondered if this girl was fully aware of the danger they were facing. 

A lot of thoughts came running through her head. Knowing how many people outside was just the first step. The next part was the more crucial one, and that was knowing how everything worked inside.

She was confident her plan would work, she just needed to make sure she played her cards right. 

Yes, they were a gang, but they were not exactly the most professional ones around. 

She waited until Lisa's fifteen minutes were up. Finally, she saw the girl climb back down and head on over towards her.

Once she was near her, the younger girl grinned at her.

"Looks like they don't have that many people around." she noted.

"That's what happens when you have the police on your payroll. It means they aren't too worried about anything happening." Jisoo says.

"Looks like it."

"So, tell me what you have observed so far?"

Lisa then handed the binoculars back to Jisoo, which she took and put back inside her backpack. She then listened to Lisa.

"Well, from what I could gather, I have spotted five people around the area. Two of them were guarding the entrance of the gate. One was patrolling around a huge warehouse. The fourth, walking around somewhere near the marina and the fifth was guarding the entrance of a small office. They don't seem to be communicating a lot." Lisa tells her.

She took note of everything the girl had said. She felt satisfied with the information she got from her.

"Good job, this will definitely be useful. Now, since you've helped me out with everything I need, it's best that you go on home and keep yourself safe."

Lisa put her hands up, exasparated.

"I'm perfectly capable of backing you up, believe me."

She was sure it would be even more dangerous to tag her along.

"Oh, I'm sure you can. The thing is, with what I am about to do, I do not require back up."

Lisa looked at her with a puzzled expression.

"I don't understand. What are you planning?"

Jisoo looked at her, amused.

"I'm going to walk over there and have them take me in as a prisoner."

Lisa looked even more confused than before.

"What? WHY? What purpose does that serve?"

"Just trust me, I know what I'm doing."

Lisa looked at her angrily.

"No Jisoo, that's too dangerous! I won't let you do that! What if they kill you? What if something happens to Jennie? I can't allow it!"

Jisoo sighed, she had no choice. She put her hand on Lisa's shoulder and looked at her.

"Thank you, Lisa. I really owe you one. But I'm sorry, I need to do this." she tells her.

"I'm not going to sit around and wat-" Lisa stopped at mid-sentence as Jisoo hit her with a precise chop to her neck. She caught the younger girl as she fell from the knockout.

"I'm sorry again, kiddo, but you'll be fine." she says as she gently placed Lisa near one of the walls. She was going to feel a bit disoriented once she wakes up, but it was better than the other option.

She then opened her backpack and rummaged it's contents, only getting some items she knew she would need later.

Afterwards, she took a deep breath and headed towards her destination.

**

Jisoo walked confidently towards the entrance, the two guards spotting her immediately. They seemed to be arguing about something, but then stopped when she came closer towards them.

They looked at her with confused expressions on their faces. She smiled at them.

"Hey there." she greeted.

They eyed her suspiciously.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" one of them, the one with the full beard and stocky build, asked her.

"Oh nothing, I just need you guys to take me to your boss." she says nonchalantly.

The two guards became more alert, and the lankier guy looked at her curiously.

"Do you have an appointment?"

Jisoo laughed.

"I guess you can say that? Just tell him that Kim Jisoo is here to see him. He'll know what to do." she replied.

The two looked at each other, they seemed to be confused about what to do with this.

"What do you think, dude?" the lanky guy asked his partner.

"I dunno, let's just bring her to the boss as she said." he responded.

"Okay."

They both then grabbed her by the collar and pushed her forward.

"Any funny business and you're dead." the bearded guy warned her. Jisoo just shrugged and let them guide her inside.

The guy on patrol stopped as he saw them them approach the warehouse. He was taller and had a heavier build. He was probably trained from the way he carried himself.

"What is this?" he asked the the two men gruffly.

"She says she wants to see the boss and that her name was Kim...Ji..Ji..." the lanky guy tried to remember.

"Jisoo. It's Kim Jisoo." she tells him. The guard then gave her a steely glare. It looked like he definitely knew who she was. 

"I see. I'll be right back." he says as he goes inside.

A few minutes later, he emerged from the warehouse.

"The boss wants to see you. I'll take it from here. You two, get back to your posts. Next time, don't leave the entrance unguarded. I'll let it slide. For now."

Both men gulped.

"Yes sir." they both mumbled, and hurried back towards the gate.

The big guard then motioned for her to follow him.

Once inside, she saw hundreds of shelves with boxes inside being piled up by different people. She wondered if these had any of the drugs inside. It was possible.

She observed her surroundings and noted the entrance and exists of the place. 

As they moved forward, they finally stopped in front of a gray door. The guard opened it for her.

"Please go inside. The boss is waiting for you." he told her, she nodded.

As she stepped in, she realized that the room was a big office. In the center was a huge desk, and a man was busy tinkering with his laptop and counting some money from a suitcase in front of him.

He looked up and gave her a greasy smile, the fact that he looked like a rat made her mistrust him even more. But something about him also felt off, Jisoo supposed that wasn't surprising, considering what he did as a living.

"Aaaah! The lady of the hour! Please, sit down!" he says as he shows to her the two seats in front of his desk.

Jisoo decided to follow his lead and sat down.

He leaned back against his chair and looked at her quizically, clasping his hands and putting it on his stomach as he did.

"My, my, how you have given us some trouble for the past couple of years. Imagine, all the times my head exploded in anger when I found out, and the many other heads that got exploded along the way. It was so cute to learn that a couple of highschool kids were on to us! It's so cute, I kind of want to strangle you from where I am sitting right now." he said, seething. Then, he leaned forward and his mood immediately changed to that of a happy, welcoming person. It kinda creeped her out.

"But, but! I...am a generous God. I do try to provide my fair share of kindness every now and then, good for the heart you see! Also, I have seen your group's potential and I think that this will be more than enough for me to offer my forgiveness to you for all the times you have meddled in my affairs." he says.

"Sorry, but I am not interested in whatever you are offering." Jisoo replied bluntly.

The guy laughed hysterically. He was pounding his hands on the table as if he had heard the funniest thing ever.

"Oh my, oh my, Miss Kim! I think you have misunderstood me. I am not providing this chance to you as a choice. No, no, no. It is a MUST. Besides, you must be crazy to refuse. See this?" he showed to her the briefcase full of money. "You get to earn this much, or even more, and you will be set for life! It's a win-win, for me and for you. Just so you know, I rarely offer this chance to anyone, so count yourself LUCKY." he tells her, giving her another smile that never reached his eyes.

"I don't need your dirty money." she tells him pointedly, gazing directly into his eyes. She saw something dangerous glint behind them. He shook his finger in front of her.

"Of course, I understand completely. The high moral ground! Booooring!" he snorted. "Do you think successful people didn't stomp down on anyone to get where they are? Let's not be idealistic shall we? This is the shortcut to the high life, literally and figuratively. I think your group has the potential to make my business boom. This is a chance Kim, the chance for me to not kill you and your lovely friends." 

Jisoo leaned back and smirked at him.

"It's funny that a couple of highschool kids got you in a tight spot yeah? Well, these highschool kids can just keep on doing what they are doing. I rather die than be a part of your ing business." she says, as if summoning him a challenge.

His fake smile disappeared. Instead, it was replaced with a darker, more sinister glare that made Jisoo's skin crawl. He pursed his lips, and shrugged.

"Well then, I can be very, very persuasive. Let me just give you a taste of how CONVINCING I can be. BOYS!" he called and snapped his fingers.

Two people came out of the shadows and Jisoo's eyes grew wide. She now understood why this gang knew who they were. Bastards.

"Baekhyun, Chanyeol. Show Miss Kim how persuasive I can be."

"Yes, Mr. Yang." they said in unison.

**

Jennie was gazing forlornly outside of the window above. She didn't know what time it was, but she didn't care anymore.

She felt was best that she stayed here and let them do what they wanted with her. She didn't feel like her life had any meaning anymore.

The people here kept pestering her with questions about Jisoo and her friends. She wondered what Jisoo had done to have such vile individuals get mad at her. They didn't hurt her though. Instead, they kept her inside this room.

She supposed her and her gang were doing something illegal, but for some reason, she felt that was not possible.

She laughed at herself. How pathetic, even in her darkest hour she still had some faith in that person. 

She wondered what the people in her life would do if they found out something bad happened to her. Her friends, she was sure would be sad. Her parents, she hoped they would feel guilty. She also thought about Kuma. Just when he got attached to her, this happens. Maybe living for Kuma and her friends was enough?

Then, she recalled where she had gotten Kuma, and that heart-shaped lip smile came into view.

Stupid. Stop thinking about her.

Whatever this was, Jisoo was the center of it. How would she feel that her activities, whatever it was, had gotten her in danger?

Would it matter to her? 

As if.

Suddenly, she heard the door open and someone was violently shoved inside. Then, she heard the lock click and everything was quiet again.

The person, whoever they were, was sprawled out on the floor, unmoving.

It was a bit dark, but she could make out their sillouhette. She hoped that this person wasn't dead, or dying. That would be scary.

She was staring at the body, something was so familiar about them.

She got up, her curiosity getting the best of her. She needed to make sure, who knows they might need her help.

As she got closer, her heart began beating wildly, she just felt she knew who it was, but that was impossible.

When she was finally at an arm's length, she gasped. She would know that leather jacket from anywhere.

She immediately dropped down and held her up, turning her body around so that her face would come into view.

What she saw hurt her more than she could ever imagine.

Jisoo's face was full of bruises and welts. Her lips were bleeding, and one of her eyes was almost swollen shut.

She held her face and tears were welling from her eyes. She hoped to God she was alive.

"Jisoo? Chu, please wake up. Please. Please, don't worry me like this." she says, trying to hold in her sobs.

As she watched her, she could see her chest moving up and down. She felt a great sense of relief wash over her.

She was alive!

She caressed her face gently.

"Chu, why is this happening to you? What stupid thing did you do this time?"

She heard a small groan from her and suddenly, Jisoo's eyes slowly fluttered open. She looked disoriented at first, but then smiled happily as she saw who she was looking at.

"Jen?"

"Hey." she says, smiling back. All of her worries seemed to melt away when she saw that she was going to be okay.

Jisoo groaned once more as she tried to get up.

"No, stay down. You look really hurt. Rest up for a bit." Jennie told her. Jisoo looked at her and just obeyed.

"Jendeukie...I'm sorry." she says softly.

"Shh...rest up first. Whatever this is, you can explain it to me when you feel better."

Jisoo shook her head and held her hand .

"No...I mean, I am sorry. I am sorry for everything I did. For the decisions I made to make you feel the way you did, for not coming out clean when I could because I was too much of a coward to take the first step. I want you to know that you were never less of a person to me. I was just scared of what I felt, but this time, I am sure. I am sure I feel the same way you do Jendeukie, and I will do everything in my power to prove it to you everyday if I must. If my words are not enough, then, I will let my actions speak for itself." she told her.

Jisoo was looking into her eyes as she was telling her this and Jennie could feel the sincerity in them. She was at a loss for words. 

She smiled at her.

"Well..."

Jisoo looked hopefully at her.

"I must say, this confession was much better than the first one." she says and grinned at her.

Jisoo laughed, but then coughed as she held her ribs.

"God damn, they did a number on me." she says weakly.

Jennie, looked at her concerned.

"Don't move too much."

"Yes boss." 

Jennie just rolled her eyes at her, but then grinned afterwards.

"I should give you a hard time after everything you did. But, I guess I can give you a chance."

"You're just whipped for me and my good looks."

"Don't push it, Chu."

Jisoo smiled widely at her.

"I'll try not to disappoint you Princess."

Jennie smiled playfully at her.

"Oh, and Jendeukie?"

"Hmmm?"

"I talked to your mom."

Her faced darkened.

"I don't want to speak about her, Chu."

Jisoo held her face gently.

"Please, listen. I know what she said was hurtful, and no kid should hear that out loud. But I hope you know that whatever may have happened in the past isn't the case now. People make mistakes. It's how they get up and learn from it that's important. I can see your mom loves you dearly, and I'm not here to tell you what to do, but I hope you think about it. About giving her a chance too." she tells Jennie gently.

Jennie sighed, the memory still hurt her. But Jisoo did have a point. She supposed she could look into it, once she felt better.

"Alright, but first, we need to get out of here alive. I don't even know what they are planning to do to us."

Jisoo smiled slyly.

"That's why I came here to get you."

Jennie furrowed her eyebrows.

"Wait, you mean you came here out of your own volition...to save me?"

"Yup."

"Are you crazy? Do you have a death wish or something???" she says, slapping her involuntarily in the face.

"Aw! Jesus!"

Jennie gasped.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry!" she says as she rubbed the part of where she had slapped her by accident.

"I guess I deserve that." Jisoo says.

"I guess you did. Jisoo, are you out of your mind?"

"Yes, I am out of my mind head over heels for you." she says, attempting to wink.

"Stop flirting, and no, your wink is not even a wink."

"Don't worry Jendeukie, I came prepared. I knew they wouldn't kill me yet. I expected them to grill me about thr location of my friends, but instead that Yang guy wanted to strike a deal and I basically told him to go himself. So, here I am."

Jennie looked at her, puzzled.

"Prepared? How can you even get us out of here?"

"Trust me. Just give me 20 minutes, and we're golden."

Jennie realized that she was in love with a crazy person.