Don't Know What To Do

How To Win At Love

It was a clear and sunny day, which, in Chaeyoung's mind, was a great start to their beach trip.

She had gone on the bus together with Chanyeol and they had fun talking to each other. As she got to know him, she decided that he was alright in her book.

Once they arrived, she was able to settle in her room and had Yeri as her roomate. She didn't mind, the girl was fun to hangout with and also had a lot to talk about.

She was also called in by Jennie earlier to help her get Jisoo out of the room because apparently, she did not like going out into the beach. 

That was quite unheard of for her, but she accepted the fact that people can have their differences. 

In the end, Jisoo had finally relented and decided to go out with them.

She was glad that Jennie was getting to know new people, especially with the fact that she looked happier now. Being friends with Jisoo had a positive effect on her and Rosé observed that she was less cold towards people than usual.

She always had a feeling that Jisoo wasn't as bad as she turned out to be, and she was glad that she was right.

She told Jennie she wouldn't be joining them today since Chanyeol had invited her to come along with some of his friends, and she decided to accept.

After her confession with Lisa, things had gotten a bit awkward between them. It wasn't Lisa's fault or anything, she just didn't know how to deal with the aftermath.

They were still friends, but she guessed they both just needed a little bit of time to adjust to the situation. She also realized she wanted to befriend new people and widen her circle of friends, thus the reason she accepted Chanyeol's invitation.

She was determined to move on from Lisa, and she felt that the first step she needed to do was to try and live her life as much as she could.

Lisa would always be her best friend, and she will always be there for her, she just needed to get to know new people.

As she got ready, she decided to wear her orange sundress with black markings with her bikini underneath it in case she wanted to go ahead and swim.

She and Chanyeol had planned on meeting at the reception center, so once she felt she looked presentable enough, she went downstairs to meet him over there.

She was glad to see that he had already arrived. When he saw her, he smiled and gave her a soft whistle.

"Wow, you look really good, Chaeyoung!"

She smiled shyly, "Thank you! It's nothing much, really."

"No, no, I mean it. This look suits you. Hasn't anyone ever told you that you look attractive?"

She blushed slightly at the compliment, "Uhm, no, not really."

"That's too bad, it's something you should hear more often." he said, looking at her softly.

She just laughed, not really knowing what to say.

"Uhm..thanks." 

"Well then, let's get going."

"Okay!"

They were both talking animatedly until they reached Chanyeol's friends, namely Baekhyun and Sehun. 

Baekhyun was known as their class clown whereas Sehun was a little more stoic but was also one of the handsomest guys in their year. 

The four of them decided to take a stroll around the beach and find stuff they could eat since Chaeyoung felt a bit peckish.

They finally settled on a stand selling burgers and other food items.

As they waited for their orders to be cooked, Chaeyoung noticed that Lisa was hanging out nearby with Bambam and Jackson. 

They were just sitting on the sand and eating ice popsicles, seemingly engrossed with their conversation. 

Chaeyoung felt a bit of ache in her heart. As much as she wanted to do what she could with her own life, she did miss Lisa.

She missed how she made her laugh, how she annoyed her at times, their petty fights, how she was capable of cheering her up even when she wasn't in the mood. 

But she just needed to do this, once she moves on, everything will be back to normal. So instead of thinking about that, she decided to focus on having fun.

So that's what she did.

Her, Chanyeol and his friends went around doing stuff like playing beach volleyball with some people, getting their faces painted, swimming and biking around the resort.

She had a blast, that's for sure, but she just couldn't shake something off.

Wherever they went, Lisa and her other friends seemed to be nearby, doing their own thing.

At first, she chalked it up to just coincidence, but as time went on, she couldn't ignore the fact that it kept happening.

Why does she always do this? She asked herself.

Finally, she couldn't take it anymore and decided to ask permission from the guys that she needed to retire early as she already felt tired.

Chanyeol had offered to walk her back, but she refused, stating to them that she needed to talk with Lisa on the way there. 

When they agreed, she walked over to where her best friend was.

Lisa had noticed her coming towards them, and instantly looked a bit nervous.

When she was near enough, she gave them the best smile she could muster.

"Hey guys!"

"Oh, hey Chaeyoung! What's up?" Bambam greeted.

"Heeey Chae!" Jackson said, waving at her.

"Hi Chaeyoung-ah." Lisa said uncertainly.

"Uhm, Bam, Jackson, would it be fine if I dragged my best friend to come along with me?"

"Oh no, not at all! Permission to drag the best friend anywhere is granted!"

"I second the motion!" Jackson stated, raising his hand.

"Thank you guys. Come on, Lisa." she said, as she held her hand and moved forward, tugging Lisa along with her.

They walked in silence until Chaeyoung found a secluded enough area and stopped there.

She then looked at her best friend, who seemed noticeably guilty. 

She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow at the girl.

"Lisa. Explain."

"Chae...I was...I mean...I-" she stuttered. Chaeyoung's lips had formed into a thin line.

"Well?"

"Okay! Yes, I did follow you but I didn't want to disturb your fun with them." Lisa blurted out. She looked down on the sand and was playing with it with her foot.

"Why?"

"I-I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"So acting like a creepy stalker was the best way to go about it?"

Lisa pursed her lips. "No.."

"Lisa, are you this determined to push me away?"

Lisa looked up immediately and her eyes widened.

"No! I..no never! I would never want to push you away, Chaeng-ah!"

"Then can you at least just let me be, for once?"

Lisa sighed, "I just...missed you." she said, her head bowed down. "I don't know what to do without you."

Chaeyoung's heart felt so lost right now. But what can she do? She wanted to just get this over with but things were not that easy.

"You are so stupid sometimes, you know?"

Lisa nodded.

"I missed you too, ."

Lisa looked up and smiled softly.

"I'm just, I'm just trying to get used to this."

"Me too, Lisa. But I need this, please, for us?"

Lisa's brows furrowed, "Okay, Chaeng-ah. I promise to stop being a creepy stalker."

Chaeyoung laughed a bit and brushed up her hair. She realized this was going to be tricker than she initially anticipated, but she was determimded to see it through.

"Thanks, Lisaya. I  know it's hard right now but things will get back to normal alright? We just both need time."

"I understand."

"Okay. Well, I'll head back for now. I need some rest." she said as she turned around to leave, but to her surprise, Lisa held on to her hand and spun her around, holding her waist with her other hand.

They were both so close that Chaeyoung could feel Lisa's breath on her, their noses almost touching.

Lisa's eyes seemed to be a flurry of emotions which she couldn't read, then she noticed Lisa was slowly getting closer to her.

She couldn't move, her brain and her body was not working as she wanted it to.

Her eyes were now on Lisa's lips, and everything felt like it was going in slow-motion, her heart-rate now beating at an incredible speed.

Wait, is she going to do what I think she's going to do?!

She felt panicky, but it was too late to do anything, yet at the same time, her anticipation was mounting.

As Lisa got nearer, she felt the girl stop for a moment, smile, then kissed her on the cheek.

"Goodnight, Chaeyoung-ah." she whispered into her ear.

Then she let her go, and walked away from her.

Chaeyoung couldn't move. She was still quite stunned, she couldn't process what was going on.

Was Lisa about to kiss her? But why?

Maybe it was just her imagination. This was certainly not healthy for her heart.

What just happened?