A Promise

How To Win At Love

Jisoo was still frowning while watching the four-legged race. She was sitting together with her friends minus Moonbyul, who seemed to be too busy flirting with a girl named Solar. 

Irene was also with them.

"It looks like your section is going to lose, Sooya." Sooyoung observed.

Jisoo shrugged, "I don't really care. I'm just here so I can have some extra credit."

"You better win in the Kibasen . I bet a lot of money on team JenSoo to win." Seulgi told her patting her on the head. Irene had giggled at this, apparently her girlfriend had told her about what happened, and it seems, a lot more things than necessary.

"Irene, you better not tell Jennie all about their stupidity with this JenSoo thing." Jisoo grumbled.

"Don't worry Jisoo, I won't. But I really think you two would look good together."

"Ugh, not you too?"

"I mean, you ARE wearing her beret." she smirked.

Jisoo blushed.

Irene had to really push her under the bus like that.

All three of her friends looked at her curiously.

"Yeah Jisoo, why are you wearing Jennie's beret?" Momo asked, interested.

"Yes do tell." Seulgi added.

"It's none of your business." she said. She wasn't going to show them her hair.

She can take the teasing about Jennie, but she knew it would be way worse when they saw what had happened.

Jisoo got up as the four-legged race finally ended and it was time to start the Kibasen.

"I'm off."

"Good luck!" Sooyoung shouted after her.

"Make our ship sail, Sooya!" Seulgi piped in.

"I still need my money Jisoo so make sure ChaeSoo wins!" Momo added.

Jisoo turned and flipped at them. Her friends and Irene just laughed at her.

Maybe she should go search for better friends.

When she was on the field, she started scanning the area for her teammates. Finally, her eyes landed on Jennie, who was busy adjusting her ponytail. 

She had to admit, the way Jennie did something as simple as that was quite y.

The way her hands were pulled up somehow accentuated her curves, even when she was wearing her PE uniform. She also noticed how intense her cat-like eyes became when she was concentrating on something.

What she was not ready for was when a smile broke out on her face. 

A real, genuine gummy smile that lit up her whole facade.

Jisoo felt her heart skip a beat.

She looked towards where Jennie was looking at and saw Chaeyoung, waving at her friend and giving her a thumbs up.

What she didn't realize was that instead of looking at Chaeyoung, her gaze went back to the smiling Jennie Kim.

Her trance was suddenly broken when she felt someone give her a slap on her back.

"Hey Jisoo! You ready to kick some on this Kibasen?" 

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Kibasen, right."

The person who had interrupted her trance was her classmate and teammate, Taehyung.

"You okay there?" he asked, worried.

"Yeah, just some things on my mind, nothing to get worked up about."

"Alriight! Let's go! I see Jennie and Nayeon over there." he said, as she shoved her lightly towards their direction.

"Hey Jennie, Nayeon, we are here!"

"Hey Tae! Jisoo!" Nayeon greeted. She was always friendly towards anybody she came across.

"Hey." Jennie answered, finally satisfied with her hair.

"So what's the plan?" Taehyung asked, quite excited about this.

"I'll be the rider. Jisoo at the front, Nayeon at the right and Taehyung at the left." she said simply.

All three of them became silent.

"Uhm...wouldn't it be better if Tae was in front since he's the tallest? It would at least balance the height difference at the back." Nayeon told her.

"It's better this way. I can balance just fine on your shoulders, plus, since you're a volleyball player and Taehyung is quite sturdy, the back should be solid. Jisoo is at the front since she's observant and can make sudden changes when needed." Jennie told them. 

Jisoo raised her eyebrows at this, how did she know she was observant?

Her teammates decided to accept her argument. It seemed that she had already thought this through.

"Alright, I trust your instincts on this Jennie! Let's win this! Taehyung said happily. 

They pulled her up and she had both her feet on each of the shoulders of Naeyeon and Taehyung, while her hands were on Jisoo's shoulders.

"Jennie, are you sure this is safe?" Jisoo asked her, beginning to worry if the girl was just being too gung-ho for this game.

"I'm fine. Don't worry too much." she said, using her hands to turn Jisoo's head to make it look forward.

"And oh, Nayeon? Tae? Please make sure to hold on to me so I can keep my balance and not fall."

They both nodded.

They then heard the countdown and the whistle finally blew to start the game.

Jennie was directing them and she was really good at what she was doing. At the rate they were going, they had already captured seven bandannas.

Jisoo was smirking, "Well, I am impressed, Princess."

"As you should be, Twilight Sparkle."

"Oh come on."

Jennie just laughed, remembering the incident earlier.

They then came face-to-face with the team compromising of Jessica, Amber, Kai and Baekhyun.

Jessica was their designated rider and Amber was in front.

"Hi Jennie." Kai greeted her with a lazy smile, which kinda annoyed Jisoo for some reason.

Pretty boy thinks he's so cute.

Jennie just smirked and patted Jisoo on the head.

"Let's go!" she ordered, and her whole team moved. Jisoo tried as much as possible to have Amber pushed out, but their team was too strong.

Jennie on the other hand, was doing her best to grab Jessica's bandanna, but was having some trouble doing so. 

It was a tough battle, but Jennie was able to make some progress, almost wrenching out Jessica's bandanna from her head.

Suddenly, Jisoo accidentally kicked Amber's shins hard, which got her howling, and Jessica almost fell but had grabbed on to Jisoo's beret.

Oh ! They are going to see!

This was it, the end of the road for her. Chaeng was going to see her hair, and her chances will now go down to zero. 

Plus she was definitely going to be the laughingstock of her class.

I guess it was too good while it lasted. She thought to herself, waiting for the inevitable to happen.

But to her surprise, Jennie had jumped forward, putting her beret back in place without anyone seeing the colorful rainbow paint.

Jisoo was too shocked to react right away that she didn't notice that Jennie was not able to keep her balance and had fallen off, tumbling down into the field.

She then sat up and breathed heavily, looking straight into Jisoo's eyes and grinned at her.

She knew why Jennie had done that, she did tell her earlier that she was going to make sure that the beret would not fall off.

"Sorry guys, I guess I got too into it." Jennie told her team.

"It's alright Jennie, you did great! I'm so proud of us!" Nayeon said to her.

"Yeah, we made an awesome group!" Taehyung agreed.

Jisoo went forward and gave her her hand, which Jennie took. She then pulled her up, with the younger slightly bumping into her.

"That was careless, Princess."

"I'm fine."

"That was still a stupid thing to do."

"I did make a promise didn't I?"

Jisoo was silent at this. 

"Anyway, you now owe me one, Twilight Sparkle." 

"No I don't!"

"You know you do."

Then she gave Jisoo that damn gummy smile that made her heart skip a beat.

I think I'm coming down with arrythmia.
She thought to herself.