This Heartfelt Leap, I Surrender

How To Win At Love

Jennie held on to Jisoo tightly as she zoomed out into the highway.

She couldn't help it, her eyes closed the instant she felt the bike move a little faster. She was scared, it was a bike after all and anything could happen.

She buried her face into Jisoo's back, enjoying her scent.

How can someone be this beautiful and smell extremely heavenly at the same time?

"Still have your eyes closed, Princess?" Jisoo asked her with an amused tone.

She was not going to give her the satisfaction of being right.

"I'm just getting used to it, just give me some time."

"If you say so."

She was so annoying. 

She breathed in, and then forced herself to open her eyes.

She saw cars and citylights pass them by. People from different walks of life were much more clearer as they went about their business as the wind rushed into her face.

She felt her fear slowly ebb away as she began to enjoy the sights around her.

Jisoo was right, being on a motorcycle definitely felt different compared to being inside a car.

She was wondering where they were headed.

"Where are you taking me?"

"It's a surprise."

"Are you sure you're not planning on kidnapping me?"

"You were the one who asked me to take you anywhere, Princess. So sit tight and relax."

She decided to just let Jisoo do what she wanted and trust her on where she was going to take her. She felt safe enough with her anyway.

They finally turned into an intersection and Jennie realized they were going up the mountains.

"Hey Princess, I'm going to speed up a bit more here so hold on tightly. Also, make sure to lean in the same direction as I do, alright?"

"What?!"

"What I said!"

Then Jisoo twisted harder on the throttle and they shot off into the night, Jennie screaming her lungs out and holding on to her for dear life. 

Jisoo laughed hard as they sped up the mountains.

"Are you crazy?! Are you trying to get us killed?!"

"Now why would I do that?" Jisoo shouted back at her.

Jennie was closing her eyes hard, she was too young to leave this world.

"Remember Princess, eyes open!"

She swore she was going to push her off a cliff if she was going to survive this.

"I hate you!"

"Eyes open!"

Jennie hated her with all of her being, but she was not going to back down.

She was so scared, but she opened her eyes anyway.

Slowly, she did so, until finally they were fully opened. Once she did, she was quite overwhelmed with what she was seeing and feeling.

She was awestruck at what she saw. 

The city was off in the distance now, but she could still see the lights twinkling off in the distance.

The view was spectacular, and the wind all around them made her feel free.

She reveled in the feeling, it was exhilarating. 

The fact that her motion sickness was not triggered surprised her too.

A grin slowly formed on her face and she began laughing.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Jisoo told her.

She just leaned her head again into her back and snuggled her tightly.

She had to admit it was.

They finally arrived at their destination, and Jennie noticed they were parked near a small hill. 

Jisoo once again helped her down, this time letting her go much faster than earlier.

"So how was it?"

"I'm still contemplating of killing you in your sleep."

"That's a tragedy to the human race."

"You wish!"

She just shrugged and gave her a smile.

Jisoo then looked up the hill.

"Is this it?"

"Yup."

"You're going to let me climb that? You are a monster!"

Jisoo laughed then crouched down.

"Hop on, Princess."

She was surprised, but then went forward and hopped on her back, wrapping her arms near the base of her neck, while Jisoo put her knees on top of her arms then carried her all the way to the top of the hill.

She was quite strong, and Jennie was snuggled tightly on her back, her heart beating faster and her stomach doing flipflops all the way there.

When they finally arrived, Jisoo put her down slowly.

She put her hands on her hips as she began scanning the view around her.

Jennie decided to get up and turn around.

This was the second time today that she felt awestruck.

The view was spectacular. She could see the whole city and the stars were clearly seen on the night sky.

They were shining like diamonds, blanketing the whole sky.

It was amazing.

"This is a spot a love going to every now and then. I prefer the quiet and solitude compared to the hustle and bustle of the city." Jisoo told her.

"I-just, wow."

"That's what I said when I first saw this."

Jennie looked at her and noticed that Jisoo had such a serene expression on her face.

It made her smile, and for some reason her heart burst with happiness at this.

"How did you discover this?"

"I was just driving around and I got tired then I saw this hill. I parked my bike and decided to check it out. One of the best decisions I ever made."

Jennie agreed. It was really something.

"Why'd you decide to take me here?"

Jisoo shrugged.

"I dunno, I just wanted something different? Also, I felt it would be something you would appreciate."

Jennie continued to look at the view.

"Jisoo?"

"Yes?"

"Does this mean were friends?"

"Will you stop glaring at me with every opportunity you get?"

Jennie laughed at this.

"Yes, well until you do something stupid again."

"Hardly."

"I'm sure you will soon."

"Some friend you are."

"You have no choice in the matter."

"I feel I've gotten the short end of the stick."

"Deal with it." Jennie said, grinning.

They looked at each other.

Jennie admitted the view was fantastic.

But looking at Jisoo, she felt like she was on that bike again, driving at a reckless speed, with no signs of stopping. But she felt free and exhilarated, like her veins were pumping with so much life that she couldn't get enough.

She couldn't get enough of this view that was Jisoo.