S1 | Unexpected visit.

Hybrids
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Monday had arrived quickly. I was standing by Mina's locker, talking to her animatedly about the practice we were about to go to. Students were greeting us as they passed by and more than one girl winked at me. We had let it known that Mina and I weren't together like averyone believed, so the girls thought I was fair to play with again. I was not surprised when Joy, one of my courtiers, came up to me with a y smirk though that smirk didn't arouse me anymore.

"Hey there lovely," She purred, "What are you doing tonight?"

"Actually, I am busy," I said sweetly while Mina rolled her eyes, "With my girlfriend." Her expression was priceless. She looked at Mina who shook her head pleasantly.

"Who is it?" I didn't have to say anything because Tzuyu had crept behind her in all her glory and while y uniform. It was funny; out of the three sisters, Tzuyu was the only one who wore the uniform properly. Nayeon usually had an ed blouse and a loose tie while Mina never tucked her shirt and kept her tie unattached. But wearing a spotless white uniform with a seriously scary expression had students flinch away as Tzuyu walked by. Today, her hair fell freely down her back and cradling her face nicely.

"Is there something wrong?" Tzuyu asked in her usually dark tone; her body extremely close to Joy. The poor girl screamed and turned around. She backed up, pale faced and wide eyed with Tzuyu steping along with her trapping the girl between her and me. Saying that students here were afraid of her was an understatement. They had the scariest rumors running around the school about her and most were believed therefore nobody dared to oppose her. It was weird because Tzuyu never did anything wrong, she just stared wrongly at the kids with her permanent glare. Although somethimes Tzuyu used those rumors to her advantage though I hope she didn't take it too far.

"Om, n-no, nothing is wrong." Joy stuttered incoherently. Beside me Mina was biting her tongue to keep her from laughing. Tzuyu stepped forward invading Joy's personal space.

"Are you sure?" Tzuyu asked again and Joy could only nod. Taking that into account, Tzuyu walked around her to me and gave me a possessive kiss. The kiss was over when it started while I raised and eyebrow. I must say I liked it when she was possessive; it assured me that she was as fond of me as I was of her. Satisfied with marking her territory she had one last glance at Joy before disappearing down the hall.

"Joy, meet my girlfriend Tzuyu, she's a little protective," I said before taking Mina's hand and leaving the stunned student alone.

We burst laughing with tears in our eyes. When she could be, Tzuyu was unconsciously a deadpan comedian and as spectators, we enjoyed her outburst. We made our way to the arena for our training to find Tzuyu already sitting beside her protégé Jungkook. Ever since the tryouts, she and Jungkook had been sticking together during the practices because neither of them were well liked. 

Jungkook did not have the physical strength to be on the team but he excelled in making traps out of nothing. He and Tzuyu had made a deal: she privately taught him how to fight and he taught her how to create traps. Our coach Taecyeon let them do what they wanted as long as they practiced on their own. He got many complaints about favoritism but after a good yell and beat down they were left alone for it was obvious Taecyeon didn't favor them.

Our practice was hard as usual, improving our skills and Taecyeon made us play outside in the cold weather. We all had our coats and hats on to get accustomed for the first game of the season in two days and Taecyeon had not been kind. Today we concentrated on our fighting skills and learned new game tactics. Taecyeon made us train with everyone so he could see who plays well with whom. Not every player can team up with others; some complete each other well while others are disastrous.

Our group was stretching on the cold grass with hot chocolate in our hands, a gift from our fellow teammate, discussing about tomorrow evening because it seemed we all had plans. Nayeon and Jeongyeon were going on a date, I was bringing Tzuyu to the fair in Annwn and Jungkook was playing video games all night. The only one who had nothing was Mina which was odd. She apparently had not been on a date in years which gave me a great idea.

"Let me get this straight," Mina said to me as we were making our way to the car, "You want me to go on a blind date with a friend of yours."

"Yup," I said, "Trust me, she is great. She is not looking for a relationship but she knows how to give a good time. Come on, when was the last time you enjoyed yourself?" She didn't answer my question but accepted my proposal.

 

 

We arrived at the Ettore residence surprised to see a limousine parked by the garage. Nayeon and Mina recognized the symbol on the car and jumped out of mine happily rushing to the house. Jeongyeon, Tzuyu and I walked after them.

There were three people standing in the living room beside Minho and Suzy. The older woman had blond hair and looked a lot like an older Suzy. She was a little taller than the girls and wore expensive clothing. The girl and boy, presumably her children, were about our age and both had blond hair and expensive clothing too. Their faces seem familiar but I was not sure where I saw them before.

"My god it is good to see you again," I heard the girl said to the sisters.

Nayeon and Mina were hugging them happily and waved at us to come closer as Nayeon hopped beside us excitedly.

"Dahyun, Jeno, this is my mate Jeongyeon," Nayeon said happily. Jeongyeon took the girl's hand and kissed her knuckles.

"You are really charming," The girl giggled. Although she was talking to Jeongyeon her eyes was glued in me, "You were right Nayeon, she is beautiful." The boy added and Jeongyeon gave them a charming smile and wrapped an arm around her mate.

"Who are you?" Tzuyu asked rather impolitely though she does that when she is confused.

"Are you serious?" The girl laughed nervously not sure what to do. Jeongyeon scoffed.

"Tzuyu, these are our cousins Dahyun and Jeno. And that there is our Aunt Junghee." Mina explained. Now I remembered where I saw them before. They were the royal family of the Witch society: Queen Suh JungHee, Prince Jeno and Princess Dahyun. They were almost in every magazine. They lived in the Amber City - a city that cannot be seen by humans.

"Figures you don't know their names." Jeongyeon said.

"I only remember those who are worth remembering," Tzuyu answered.

"So you consider family unworthy."

"Why is it still around, Nayeon?" Tzuyu asked her sister annoyed. She turned her attention back to Jeongyeon with a menacing posture, "Why do you assume that just because you are sleeping with my sister you think you have the right to insult me constantly, little Toy?"

"I am simply saying the truth since, well, I am going to be your future sister-in-law."

"Since we are speaking truthfully now, do you know what I like about toys, in-law? Except the squeaky ones, I don't like those. They irk me." She said with an exaggerated shiver which seemed get under Jeongyeon's skin, "I like that they can be manipulated in any way we want and once were done, we can simply throw them away when were done. I can't wait until my sister throws you away, in-law."

That was the last straw for Jeongyeon. She lunged at her but was restrained by Nayeon - her mate - who kept a firm arm around her. Jeongyeon's eyes had turned golden and her teeth sharpened into canines.

"Oh yes," Tzuyu said, "You really are charming." She dimissed Jeongyeon once she was done making her point and focused her red eyes on her cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter