The one with the Fighting

High & Low ~ Another World ~ 「Amamiya Brothers」

Author's Note:

Disclaimers: All right reserved of the originals "High & Low" Characters, Names, Places, etc to Sigeaki Kubo/ EXILE HIRO/ LDH World/ HI-AX/ enish.


They reached a dark alley behind their apartment secluding from the lights and the traffic. A cycle of people wearing black was blocking their way. He raised an eyebrow and waited patiently for them to move aside. However, patience was not his forte. As they approached closer towards the motorbike they noticed it was Hirai and a few members of Doubt.

As promised Hiroto had picked up Amaya from work around Seven o'clock. Her heart skipped a beat when she walked outside the building and the first thing she saw was that rediculous pink seat. Then it's fiery rider who was waiting for her. Although he was not the only one. A black van was parked a few yards away. And from Hiroto's facial expression she could tell it was Hirai.

Amaya didn't wait and rushed over leaping on the bike, as Hiroto offered her a pink helmet. She gazed at him in bemusement and wore the helmet "Really! Pink seat and a Pink helmet. You are all surprises!" she scoffed and placed her arms around him. True be told, a few minutes ago she was shaking in fear how she would manage to step outside. But the moment her eyes came in contact with Hiroto's eyes, all her fears were won.

"Are you done?" he subdued his words and leaned forward grabbing the hand clutch and turning on the engine. He drove off as fast as it was allowed to speed in the main streets. What he hadn't figured out was that before they would arrive home they would bump into Doubt.

"Stay here!" he ordered while taking off his helmet and placing it on the bike's grip. He placed the metallic footrest on the ground and sat casually against the bike. He cracked a deadly smile towards Hirai and stood up taken two steps forward towards him.

Hirai walked closer evilly smirking at Hiroto and pointed at Amaya. "We just want the girl! Give her!" he said strongly while winking at Amaya. "How long are you going to babysit her?"

Amaya fingers clutched against the fender under the pink seat as her heartbeat was rising. She grew up around fights and could recognize when one was about to start. Those two weeks she was living with the Amamiya, she had almost forgotten; that the biggest part of their life was fighting. One of the main reasons she fleed from Sannoh was the fights. "Hiroto don't! Let's go home!" she suddenly uttered hoping to avoid the fight.

Though Hiroto seemed too distracted by Hirai to give her much attention. "Huh!?" he voiced "If you want her come and get her!" He cracked his neck and ended up face to face with Hirai.

"Are you going to fight us?" a shorter male who was standing on his right side challenged him.

"You know what happens when you mess with Doubt?" Hirai dared him while he was standing in the middle.

Hiroto answer blew up in front of Hirai's face. His fist against his face sending Hirai at the end of the Alley. And a second punch followed towards the shorter male. After that Amaya lost count how many punches followed. But every was stronger than the previous one. A few seconds later and the alley was filled with beaten up bodies of Doubt members. Only the youngest of the Amamiya remained untouched.

Hiroto walked over and bend sitting on his feet grabbing Hirai's hair and pulling them. "Don't show yourself again around these parts or around my girl! Next time I won't go easy!" he threatened him.

Amaya was trembling as long as the fight took place. When she was younger fights like those were exciting her. But not any longer. She knew how serious things were. Yet she knew there was not another way of escaping Doubt. For that, she could not blame Hiroto. On the contrary, she was thankful. She tilted her head revealing her confusion "...his girl?..." she mumbled to herself.

Hiroto returned and mounded his bike, glaring one more time at Hirai. He still found Amaya irritating and she was far from his girl. But by simply adding a possessive pronoun would clarify to Doubt that girl was off-limits to touch. He wore his helmet and pulled up the footrest and drover off.


Meanwhile, in Itokan diner Yamato dashed into the store lost inside his own thoughts. He took a seat next to the counter looking troubled. Naomi grabbed a red plastic mug and filled with cold water offering it. He sipped the cold water at once and his eyes darted, paused then shifted again before he started talking with Naomi.

"What is wrong? You look like you saw a ghost?" Naomi quizzed concerned as she forked her fingers through her hair for the third time.

Yamato nodded and sighed "I come across a very disturbing view. One of the Amamiya was riding with a girl. The girl you see..."

Naomi stared at him trying not to laugh and interrupted him "And since when are you worried if the Amamiya meet girls or not? Baka!"

"Ugly listen!" Yamato lips primed as he went on explaining "I don't care about that. It was about the girl. She looked like Amaya."

Naomi laughed "Are you saying Cobra's sister and one of the Amamiya Brothers. There is no way!" She leaned against the counter and face Yamato. "I know you are worried about her. But you know Amaya left because she abhorred our lifestyle. Amamiya's is even worse than ours. Yamato would she really even talk to people like them. She would avoid them."

"I know. That's why it's bothering me. She looked though like her." Yamato sighed again worried.

"Don't say something like that to Cobra. And If you are still worried, go and meet her. You know where she works." Naomi suggested as she smiled kindly.

Yamato nodded again. Naomi's advice made sense. "It's time to check how she is really doing. I'll pay her a visit tomorrow morning at work."


A minute later and Hiroto had reached their destination. He turned off the engine and steadied the bike, next he removed the keys. He remained though sitting on his bike considering what happened earlier. He took of his helmet while noticing Amaya who had climbed off his bike and gazed at him. "Huh?" he cocked his head curiously at her.

"You are pretty confident aren't you?" she asked as her lips pursed like she'd been chewing a lemon rind and was frustrated.

He held his helmet with his left hand and stood up advancing the distance between them and grabbing her arm strongly. "About what?" he questioned pinning his eyes against her.

Amaya lifted her arm and pressed it against his chest keeping him away from her personal space. "You announce too proudly that I am your girl. Since when?" she wanted to know. It was bothering her after Hiroto called her that.

His eyes softened and he freed her arm while smirking at her. "Baka, don't flatter yourself. You are nothing like that." he clarified and turned around aiming to reach the entrance. "It was just a note for Doubt. In that way, they would rethink to attack you again."

Amaya pace fasten as she dawdled alongside with Hiroto. She did not seem to hear at first, nor to comprehend with his attitude. "Never! You always find the most ert ways to solve things." she mocked him and clenched her fists.

Hiroto paused suddenly in the middle of the staircase casting a glance towards "At least I'm not acting like one, like you!" he mocked her. He stepped away and went on climbing the stairs "By any means don't wander around on your own until we figure this out." he added.

She was ready to share with him her personal opinion about him and his mockery. Though his last words made her anger slowly burn away. "I was not planning to do such a stupid thing." was her response.

Hiroto unlocked the door of the apartment and kept it open as he faced her one more time. "I'll drive you to work and pick you up. And not staying out late!" he uttered seriously.

"Hai, Otaza! (Yes, father!)" she picked on him. She felt his annoyed eyes falling above her. But she ignored him, closed the door behind her and stepped inside.

"Did you both return together?" asked a surprised voice that was coming from the living room.

Amaya nodded and casually replied, "He picked me up from work." She hid her smile as she placed her purse against the counter and took a seat.

"After she had called me and begged me to go get her!" Hiroto added to make things sound even odder.

Masaki blinked and stared at them confused. Usually, he was the one teasing Hiroto. And tonight he found Hiroto teaming with Amaya against him. Soon the strange and funny moment was gone, as Hiroto started explaining what happened. Amaya stepped into the kitchen to a "thank you" dinner. After the long talk between the brothers was over. Dinner was done and served.

"Guys, let us eat!" suddenly Amaya cut them off. Masaki and Hiroto joined her in the kitchen. They sat down confused looking at the dishes.

Hiroto pocked the first dish that was in front of him. He could not identify what kind of food it was. "What is this?" he quizzed poking it again.

"To thank you for all the help. I made dinner!" Amaya announced proudly.

"You mean we need to eat this!?" Masaki buzzed trying not to laugh "It's all burned!"

"Oe! Are you trying to kill us! You call this food!" Hiroto backfired and hit his fist against the table.

Amaya had never really cooked in her life. She knew the basic, but cooking a full dinner was beyond her abilities. "It's eatable!" she stood up for herself. Then, she picked the chopsticks and tasted a bite. She ran over the trash bin and spat it out. "Don't eat that! How about some instant Ramen?"

Upcoming Chapter: Act Nine


Thank you for reading!

Feel free to Review and Follow! ^_^