The one with the Bleary Night

High & Low ~ Another World ~ 「Amamiya Brothers」

Midnight - At The Bar Across

The bar was hundreds of conversations told in loud voices, all of them competing with the rock music that dominated the atmosphere. The crowd of a few people was spread dancing or drinking surrounding the small place. Amaya leaned on the bar, her black hair lying over one shoulder of her sequinned dress and asked the bartender where the bathroom was.

She only had two drinks but they were enough to make her face look all warm and red. She needed to wash her face. She wasn't drunk yet but she liked to give the impression that she was. She needed one more drink to start getting drunk, but not tonight. She had to remain sober.

Her face was washed and her makeup revived. Finally, she felt and looked refreshed. She stepped outside the bathroom in the dark corridor, that connected the Bar and the Bathrooms in the back. Suddenly, she bumped into Hiroto, who was also stepping out of the male bathroom.

Tonight he seemed a bit different. He was wearing a black suit and a white shirt. An attire the Amimiya brothers would choose whenever they visit the graveyard. His mouth was sore from the amount of alcohol that he poured down his throat. He had reached a state of drunkenness were he was toppling around though he still had contact with reality and his actions.

She lolled her head to one side and twiddled her hair in a seemingly absent-minded way. Her hands grabbed against his arms making sure he could support himself. Her eyes rested against his and no one spoke. Only the loud music and voices were filling the dark hall.

His heavy gaze dropped on her. Tonight she was unlike her usual self, he noted. She was not bothering him at all and damn she looked hot in that black dress. He tried to correct his thoughts. Since when would the Idiotic Roommate caught his attention. He slowly closed the distance between them.

Amaya took a step back and one more until her back touched against the wall. He rested his hand against the wall and trapped her between him and the wall. His breath was the underlying cause of the smell of alcohol and it was noticeable as he leaned over.

They stared at each other in an odd way, as if it were a silent argument. Their glances battled each other until he grabbed her arm. Her heart skipped a beat. His eyes never lost contact with hers. Once again that strange moment was created that was slowly drawing them both in. He his lips against her and kissed her. His body pinning her against the wall as he went on kissing her.

Her body loosened and she slowly gave in. She wrapped her arms around him and pressed her own lips against his. It was not a half fake kiss. It was full-on, open-mouthed, almost ual kiss. One of those kisses that can steal your breath away.

The kiss lasted for ages and when they broke away, ...


16 Hours earlier...

Slowly and reluctantly, she uncovered her face under the blanket. She blinked, closed her eyes, and blinked again. Streaks of sunlight penetrated the window and blinded her. It was time to wake up. But her body wished to sleep a bit longer. 'Work' her inner voice reminded her. She sat up, dragger her feet off the bed, and rubbed her knuckles onto her eyes. She stretched her arms above her head and yawn.

She managed to find her way into the bathroom for her morning needs. She brushed her teeth, washed up and walked outside stretching once more. Her steps reached a hold as she found a very awake Masaki trying to open her laptop. Her first reaction was to say "Good Morning!" Her last to run over and pull him away from her computer. "You know how expensive this is. And all my work is saved in there"

"Morning!" Masaki responded less flirty than usual and showed her the USB that Yamato had given her. "I need just to take a fast look and see what's inside?"

Amaya checked at the time she had a few minutes to share "Okay!" she agreed and sat on the chair turning on her laptop. She took the USB and plugged it in waiting for the content to show. "Here you can now use it! Just be careful!"

"If a specific Idiot had not thrown our old Laptop away, we wouldn't need yours!" Hiroto suddenly uttered as he walked through the living room to reach the bathroom.

She lifted her head and gazed at him "It was long broken!" Amaya shouted and was ready to share her mind with him.

But Masaki shook his head gesturing her to drop the matter. "Not today!" he murmured while he was trying to open the files.

"Why?" she asked curiously as it was the first time that Masaki interfered to stop their regular arguments.

Masaki sighed and paused looking at her "It's Takeru Birthday today! For Today's sake let him be!" When it was his birthday and the anniversary of Takeru's and their parents' death it was a difficult day for the Amamiya Brothers. They were in a bad mood and usually, the day ended with a lot of drinking.

Amaya closed her eyes as she understood what Masaki meant and she nodded. "I'm sorry!" was the only thing she could say to him. Honestly, she was not good to comfort people. Before stepping away to get ready for work she noticed the files on the laptop. "Wait! I know why they cannot open the files!"

Masaki glanced at her and waited for her to explain what she meant.

"Look those are .3dm files it's for 3D Models and 3DS. And the rest of the files I recognize those. You see the .3dm is for Rhino 3D Model using that application when we try to simulate the design on 3D. The rest of the files are for Autocad and a few more applications we use to finalize our work." Amaya analyzed as she tried to open Rhino 3D.

Masaki looked puzzled as he rubbed his head "I don't understand! But you are saying you can open the files?"

"I am trying to do that now. But they should be password secured!" she noted and started to look into the file properties.

"Eh? Yamato said that Noboru broke the passwords?" he added.

Amaya paused suddenly and started clicking on the files faster ignoring Masaki. Her face expression changed as she was clicking folder after folder. "It cannot be?" she mumbled and a few seconds later she stopped and looked at Masaki. "Yamato hacked into the USB and not the files. The files indeed are locked. Masaki those files I have seen them before!"

Masaki leaned closer confused "What do you mean? How would that be possible?"

"My previous work... My company was assigned to the Casino Project..." Amaya tried to explain and it was not easy.

"You worked for Kuryu Group?" Hiroto suddenly asked and silence overtook the room as he stepped out of the bathroom.

That was the part that Amaya hated when she talked about her past. It always is connected to the people close to her. "In a way yes!" she answered "I worked for Geonchugga. One of the largest Architecture Companies around Asia. Yet you are correct! Kuryu owned 1/3 of the company. Used to own at least!"

Hiroto glared at her "You worked with the Enemy then?"

Amaya avoided his question. If today was Takeru's birthday the last thing she wanted was to start another fight that could end really badly. "Those are the Casino files. A few of the are surely from our team. But there are new designs here."

"Are they still working on the Casino Project?" Masaki eyes opened widely and gazed at Amaya "Do you have the old passwords?"

"I cannot answer that. But the dates half of the files were created are very new. So someone is working on the project." she ensured Masaki "I don't remember the old passwords. But I saved them. I have to go to work. But when I get back I'll look into it!" she promised.

Masaki and Hiroto accepted her answer. It was the first time actually that Hiroto didn't fight with her as usual. Surprising they didn't judge her for working along the Casino project. For the time being Amaya got ready and went to work. As for Masaki and Hiroto, the day was starting and it would be filled with a lot of sorrow.


Amaya reached worked finally and her day already seemed a mess. She was thinking it could not get any worse as her eyes rested against a familiar face. She froze before even reaching the front desk. The male recognized her and started walking towards her.

"I Never changed my number. You people have to learn and call before showing up!" she mumbled to herself "What do you want Ryu? Didn't we agree never to meet again?"

"It will only take a minute!" he said and turned out to find a better place to talk.

This morning she was talking about Kuryu Group and an hour later she was sitting across her workplace again inside a cafe talking with the current leader of Kuryu. Why was her future getting more and more confusing? "Alright! What happened? Why are you here?"

Ryu looked around making sure no one could listen to them. "It's about SWORD. Listen this year Kuryu lost a lot. We are still in the game, but we aren't involved any longer with larger cooperations." Ryu was trying to explain to her.

Amaya interrupted him "I don't care, Ryu! Did you really show up to tell me about Kuryu? Should I even pitty you then?" She stood up and was ready to leave "You know I don't want to have any connections with Kuryu! You people are really sick! I have seen all your work and heard about it! So spare me!"

"That's not the reason!" he pulled her back to sit down with him. "What I mean is... That even without Kuryu around, there are organizations interested in SWORD. I heard about Doubt. That's why I am here. Tell your Brother the War never ended! They still want SWORD!"

"The Casino Project?" she suddenly connected the dots "They still want to build it? Who...?" Her mind slowly unfolded and recalled.

The Casino Project was a major plan that more organizations wanted it done. Kuryu was only a small part of it. As they were trying to hide their older doings. They just recommended SWORD so secure that everything would be buried. Now with Kuryu out of the picture and the rotten politicians the plan to build the casino was put on hold. But it was never canceled.

Amaya gazed at him with open mouth. "Outsiders?"

Ryu rose up from his seat "You forget Geonchugga is owned by Korean and China Mafia. The Casino Project holds high prices in the market. Speak to your Brother!"

The new leader of Kuryu Group took his leave. Amaya's reality had changed again. It was not only the new threat that worried her. It was that now more than ever, she would have to finally meet with Cobra. Things were slowly looking worse. And Today she would need a drink too.


The time of the 'accident'

The kiss lasted for ages and when they broke away, they didn't talk. Amaya touched her lips and Hiroto stepped back. He almost lost his balance and she grasped his arm and aid him to balance. That night Masaki, Hiroto, and Amaya decided to go out drinking. It was a hard day for all three of them. Amaya notified them that she had figured out a few things about the USB and who could be behind it. Yet she first needed to face Cobra and then reveal her truth.

That night they drunk a lot, only Amaya drunk two beers. But it was enough to have her more relax. The pair returned back to the Bar counter were Masaki was still drinking. He suggested that Amaya should take Hiroto back. Since the bar was only a few yards away from their apartment they could walk back.

Amaya helped Hiroto to return home. Both were speechless of their early actions and no one dared to talk about it. She unlocked the door and soon Hiroto sat on the couch. Amaya left him there and walked inside her room. Hiroto took off the jacket of his suit and closed his eyes. His mind was poking and an inner voice kept pushing him. Until moments later it won.

"Damn!"

Amaya had just changed into her pj's and was ready to go to bed. She paused and looked at the door. Her own mind was playing confusing games. She convinced herself nothing happened. It was just a drunk act, nothing much just a kiss. After her thought ended, the door was opened.

Hiroto dushed inside her room without any warning and closed the door behind him. His eyes pinned against hers and he literally picked her up and leaned her against the bed. His lips collided with hers as he climbed against the bed. Her body melted under his as the kiss was on fire. Hiroto started kissing Amaya again, only this time the kiss lasted longer. And after the kiss was broken another one was formed.

Amaya was not sure how long they were kissing but her lips were red and sore. As for Hiroto he had fallen into the moment and was lost inside it. Neither of them had ever encountered such strong emotions. They were so strong that in the end they were left confused and in pain.

After a lot of kissing, Hiroto wrapped his arms around Amaya and gave in. They both drifted asleep deeply. They shared a bed all night long. Sometimes they were hugging each other. Sometimes they would change positions. That night they had a long and deep sleep.

The rest of the issues they would figure it out tomorrow...

Upcoming Chapter: Act Fourteen


Thank you for reading!

Feel free to Review and Follow! ^_^