The one with the ENDING

High & Low ~ Another World ~ 「Amamiya Brothers」

The casino plan was officially over. The part of the nameless city that was polluted was covered and was under research. It was now the government's property and research was held over those grounds. The rest that remained was again free for the Rudeboys and the old citizens to returned. Cobra gave the deeds and any paperwork they had stolen from Kuryu to Takeshi. And finally, the Nameless City was legally functional.

Sannoh region was also slowly starting to work again. The owners received their leases back. The shops that were destroyed were slowly trying to rebuild and the rest were working again. Ichigo Milk were already visiting Naomi to tell her the news in Itokan Dinner. Bar Odake would also not close. Tetsu's bathhouse never closed. Dan's grocery shop could open again. Yamato's garage would soon also working as before.

Sannoh district made it through. As well as Oya High, Daruma Ikka and White Rascals. Kohaku and Tsukumo were also back in Sannoh. Amamiya continued living in their old flat. Amaya went on bothering them without a stop.

SWORD had finally found its balance. The foe was defeated once more. Everyone could go back to their lives while having on their side friends that they could trust. Now SWORD could not be brought down easily. As they supported each other, and trust was established. The new era seemed more promising.

Amaya and Cobra slowly regained the sister and brother's relationship. Hiroto and her dated now officially with Cobra and Masaki agreeing.


~ A year later ~

"I don't want to go!" Amaya boldly announced as she stepped away from her wedding dress. After the ink had dried on the certificate they only thing missing was their wedding reception. True be told, neither Amaya or Hiroto wanted a wedding reception. Masaki and Cobra demanded it. And not a single soul dared to deny their request.

"What do you mean 'you don't want to go'?" Naomi hissed as she was standing on the west side of the room. She was listening to Amaya's outcry all day long. Her mind was dizzy and she was ready to strike her. "It's your wedding! You have to show up," she told her. "Get dressed. We'll be late!"

Amaya rolled her eyes and sat down on the armchair crossing her legs. "No! I am not showing up and admitting that I'm married to Hiroto!" she yelled like a child.

"But you are married to him!" Nikka suddenly added innocently. Amaya was acting lately so foolish. But today she was overdoing it. "And everyone knows it!"

"And what about your brother. Imagine his wrath if you never show up." Oshiage said as her round face looked terrified.

Amaya sighed and cast a glance at the wedding dress. She recalled how happy she was when she, Oshiage and Naomi were looking for the wedding dress. It was every girl's dream, to wear a wedding dress. To plan her wedding. And more important to marry the one she loved. And Amaya was lucky. No, it was not good fortune, it was like a miracle.

She was married to the only man she fell in love with. Yet, something felt off. One day they were simply cursing each other, and the next they were married. It was done very fast. Hiroto's idea to get married by simply registering their wedding contract. She went along, but now she started to think it was not the best idea.

She held the lower part of the wedding gown. "What are we doing?" she mumbled and shook her head. "Naomi, will you marry Yamato someday?" she suddenly asked.

Naomi looked at her and tilted her head "Eventually if our relationship is mature enough. And we both feel that way. Yes!" she admitted with a smile.

Amaya sighed "Exactly. I think Hiroto reacted to fast. Signing a marriage contract!" She grabbed her head feeling her blood pressure rising. "What was I thinking. I cannot go!"

"Wait you don't believe that it was a mistake?" Naomi said loudly and walked over smacking Amaya's head.

Amaya pushed Naomi's hand away. "I don't know. We hardly even dated for a year. We ended up being married. And honestly Naomi I am lost. My brother and Masaki proudly could announce that their siblings are married. But that's all. For me and Hiroto, it feels awkward."

Naomi rested her hand on her shoulder. "Of all the people, you know Hiroto the best. How much he loves you. I think he is showing it every single day. And you, how much you care and love him, I think you have proven it with your actions. Why would words matter?" Naomi questioned.

Amaya turned and look at Naomi, her friend was right. Yet, she could not bring herself to agree. She lowered her eyes and gazed at the floor. And before she could respond she was cut off as the door opened and Hiroto showed up. Amaya rubbed her eyes confused. "Why are you...?" she mumbled.

"Hiroto?" Naomi shouted loudly not believing that the groom showed up "You are supposed to be at the wedding. Why cannot one of you follow up the planning like normal people?"

"Oe!" Hiroto spoke loudly as he walked over where Amaya was standing demanding her full attention. He was wearing his jeans and a black shirt. His hair was messy like he did escape in a hurry to meet with her. Listening to what Naomi had said. His fears were right. "Idiot!" he called her out once again and grabbed her arms strongly and pinned his deathly black eyes against hers. Amaya was wearing a light white shirt. Her hair was done in curls and her make up was ready. "Was your troubled all this time with those thoughts?" he asked her.

She bewildered to see Hiroto there asking made her legs shiver. She knew she should talk to him earlier. But she never had those thoughts. Only today they were bugging her head. She nodded "Not all this time. Today! My mind is foggy... so many thoughts..." she paused and looked at him, "I am scared." She admitted.

Naomi and Oshiage felt their jaws fall. Annoying Amaya acted like a normal person. "She just said it?" Naomi quizzed.

Oshiage nodded "She scares me now!"

Hiroto cracked a light smirk. He was equally scared. His mind baffled him with odd questions all day. And it made him realize how she would feel. That's why he leaped on his bike and drove all the way there. But he had no idea how to tell her. Explaining his thoughts to others was his weak point. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. Allowing her to rest against his chest. "I am scared too." he found himself whispering. "Yet losing you or a life without you terrified me more." he tightened his grip around her. "I am sorry it came too late. Aieru! I love you Idiot!" he stepped back and looked at her. "Would you allow me to spend the rest of my days with you?" he asked her.

Amaya could not stop her heart beating. The butterflies in her stomach were in war. And all her fears were gone. A few words were enough to crush all her worries. She felt silly to even have those thoughts. She smiled brightly and nodded. "You are allowed. And do I have permission to trouble you for the rest of those days?" she asked him.

Hiroto nodded and ruffled her hair. "What permission? Since when did you need permission?" he kept smiling.

Amaya jumped on him wrapping her arms and legs around. She leaned and stole a kiss from his lips. "I love you!" she admitted and went on kissing him.

The ceremony was held and all SWORD was united one more. This time to celebrate life and not to fight. After that life continued. Even now and then new troubles were rising causing more battles to occur. Some other times life was simple, happy and normal. Our story has reached its end. Whenever the author has some free time, a few more specials chapters might be added.

THE END 


Thank you for reading!

Happy New Year Everyone! I hope 2020 to be a very productive and fulfilling year!