The one with the Reunion

High & Low ~ Another World ~ 「Amamiya Brothers」

The sunrays battled in an unseen war to decided which ray would lash inside Takeru's room first. The heavy and solid curtains prevented most of the sunrays to reach the inner parts of the room. Slowly the dim light became brighter and Amaya woke up. Her eyes remained still close as she ignored the morning sun and tried to sleep a bit longer. Her breathing slowly rose and she could feel a weight against her chest and belly.

The extra weight on top of her started bothering her and she reached out to see what was resting on top of her. Her fingers run through a firm male arm. Confused she opened her eyes and found an arm resting against her chest and a leg against her belly. She tilted her head seeking their owner and found a very sleepy Hiroto.

Time pause as she stared at the sleeping male next to her. These two months she had seen the younger of the Amamiya in plenty of ways. But she never had seen him sleeping. He looked so peaceful and calm as he was sleeping. A small smile formed on her lips as the view in front of her seemed very authentic. She never had seen Hiroto so peaceful before.

"You are staring too long..." he suddenly whispered without opening his eyes. "Go back to sleep!" he added randomly. Like it was the most normal thing that he was sleeping in her bed. Amaya nodded and closed her eyes drifting back asleep.

Last night's kissing was something both wanted. There was no reason to freak out. She had already thought it through as she was falling asleep last night. That kissed meant nothing. It was just a moment where both were caught into the moment and felt hot. It was just a kiss. Nothing more. They convinced themselves.

Right!?

Amaya awoke again around 9 am and Hiroto was no longer sleeping next to her. He was long gone. She took a few moments to wake up and then she walked into the kitchen. She found Hiroto making a sandwich and Masaki was nowhere to be found. She simply by-passed Hiroto and grabbed his sandwich and took a bite.

"Hmm! Tastes Good!" she said and took a seat on the couch that was located in the living room. "How about some coffee!?"

"Oe! I was making that one for me! Idiot!" he shouted and run after her trying to claim his sandwich back "Give it back Now!"

Amaya leaped up as fast as she could and climbed against the arm of the couch and stood there as she went on eating his sandwich. "No! This one is mine! Make another one!" she repeated and ignored him.

"I'm going to kill you!" Hiroto said in a half kidding and half serious way as he tried to reach her. His arms wrapped around her hips and as he was trying to grab the sandwich he lifted her up.

Amaya looked at him down as he was holding her up in the air with filled. She shook her head "This is mine!" she mumbled.

Suddenly the door opened and Masaki walked in holding three cups of coffee. "I see the lovebirds have awoken!" he mocked them and went to place the cups against the kitchen counter.

Hiroto dropped Amaya against the couch and stepped back. "The idiot stole my sandwich!" he uttered and pointed at her. "We are not love... anything!" He shouted at Masaki and went to make a new sandwich.

Amaya crushed against the couch and was also taken by surprise "Yes we aren't birds... love..." she lost her words and sat down eating the remaining sandwich.

Neither Amaya or Hiroto went on fighting as they felt Masaki gaze against them. He took a cup of coffee and placed it next to Hiroto with a teasing look on his face. "Hiroto-kun, how did you sleep tonight?" he asked blocking Hiroto's way and waiting for an answer.

Hiroto pushed him away to get some cheese from the fridge "Like every other night! What's wrong with you?" he asked him now calmer and ignoring his actual question.

"I see!" said Masaki and brought the other cup of coffee to Amaya. "And how did you sleep?"

Amaya started coughing at the question. She stood up "I have to go!" she announced suddenly trying to avoid the question.

But before she managed to reach her bedroom Masaki simply told them "You might need a bigger bed, If you decided to share it!"

"Oe!" Hiroto jumped up rushed towards Masaki "Are you now spying on people's rooms?"

"Hiroto-kun!" Masaki responded looking at him calmly but still with the same ironic facial expression. "I came to check on Amaya. And found you there sleeping! So what did I miss? Are you both now dating?"

At the same time, Amaya and Hiroto started talking at Masaki. They were in a hurry to explain to him that it meant nothing. They both talked at the same time and only made him more confused.

"I can't understand a word. Speak separately!" Masaki told them and sat down on the couch looking at them "Here feel free to enlight me!"

Amaya was about to speak, but Hiroto cut her way and pulled her back. He knew Masaki well, and what he had to say to make him stop the ridiculous mocking. "Nothing happened, Aniki! I just slept inside her room because it was Takeru's room! Last night it was not different from the other times!" he said and walked away grabbing his coffee and stepped inside his room.

Masaki gazed at him as he walked away and sighed. He knew that Hiroto would sleep or better hide in Takeru's room around the time of the death of their parents. Now with Takeru's death, Hiroto did the same. That's how the matter was dropped.

Masaki was not the only one astonished, Amaya was too. He never expected that Hiroto would easy and smooth bring the annoying questions to an end. But he did.


Hiroto agreed with himself he would let all the previous incidents be forgotten. He headed to the bathroom and showered. He got out wearing his usual attire. A pair of jeans and a white t-shirt. A small towel was placed around his neck and he walked over to the kitchen to finish that sandwich he had never eaten.

A few hours now Amaya was at her room trying out outfit after outfit. Today she decided to go and met Cobra and finally have that talk she had avoided for years. She wanted to look special. Like her attire would inform him of what kind of person she was becoming.

She suddenly walked outside wearing a blue shirt, her hairstyle was a high ponytail, beneath she was wearing grey pants and high heels. She stormed inside the kitchen and stopped in front of Hiroto. "Now If we haven't talked for years and you saw me wearing this outfit. What would you think? Would it say I missed you? Would it show I am sorry?" she started asking question after question.

Hiroto rose an eyebrow at her crazy action. It was the first time that he found Amaya in such a stressed state. Surely he had seen her irritated and angry. But she seemed always to keep things together and calm. "Huh?" was his response. He leaned against the kitchen counter and stared at her. "The outfit is fine!" he simply told her. "Yet... how will it say all the above?"

She took in a deep breath and slowly patted the fabric in the right place. "I don't want it to be fine! I need more than fine!" she cried out under pressure. "I need to change!" she decided again.

Hiroto gestured her to wait "Where are you going?" he quizzed and stepped closer still sizing her. "You look great! Better than you usually do! I don't think any other outfit can fix the rest! Maybe a plastic operation will!"

"Sannoh... I decided to finally go and strengthened things out!" she mumbled as she was still trying to fix her shirt. "ert! You're being mean!"

Hiroto recalled Yamato back then telling her to visit them. "Ah! The Naomi thing?" he asked. Although he deeply believed that there was another reason that the Idiotic roommate wanted to go there. "Idiot!"


Cobra was wearing his white shirt, red jacket, and black pants. As always the red scarf was placed around his neck. He paused at the entrance of Itokan Diner to help Naomi with some deliveries. The rest of the main gang was also around helping up Naomi cleaning. It was still early and the diner was not busy.

Amaya finally made up her mind she would wear that outfit. She took a taxi and headed to the Sannoh region. Her heart was beating really fast and for the first time after many years, she felt so anxious. The drove few times around the block as she was not ready yet to step down.

Cobra sat on the red couch as always and Yamato and Noboru joined him. They started talking about the USB and if there were any news. Naomi was cleaning now behind the bar. As for Dan, Tetsu, and Chiharu, they were sitting across the counter and talking about the Instagram pictures.

Suddenly the door opened and a woman walked in. Her heels echoed along the shop as she faced Cobra and strolled towards him. She was wearing sunglasses and none at first recall who the well dress lady was. Until she stopped a few steps away from the red couch that Cobra was sitting.

The leader of the Hoodlum Squad lifted his gaze and scanned the newcomer that was standing in front of him. Yamato's eyes open widely as he recognize who she was. Cobra waited for her to talk.

Amaya froze, she couldn't move or say anything. How many times had she played the scene inside her head? But now that she was facing her brother after so many years she could not speak. All her fear grew and trapped her in. She had to pinch her hip to bring her back to reality. A few moments past and everyone was now looking at her and Cobra.

Amaya pulled off her glasses and her eyes rested on Cobra. She didn't want to cry but her eyes started forming tears. Silence won over Diner and no one dared to talk as they finally acknowledged who the lady was. She took a step to right and sat down across Cobra.

His brain couldn't formulate a thought, at least not one based in any language. Was his mind playing tricks now? Seconds pass, his brain taking her in, struggling to comprehend that she isn't one of the family pictures, that he is real. His face looked dark like he was furious. His eyes now deadly feel upon Amaya. Though he still had no words to speak to her.

"Cobra..." she mumbled and pause once again. She wore a face as she expected more anger for him and more hate. Yet, there was no anger there. Not at least the anger she was awaiting. All he had for his sister was love and wanting her to be safe.

"What happened?" he asked her finally and managed to breathe again. He still thought that he was dreaming. 5 years they had never spoken. And the year she was back from New York she never contacted him. But Cobra was also stubborn and never called her. Yet deep down he was happy to see his young sister again.

She didn't accept it just yet, she felt so much misplaced guilt. Guilt for everything she had done and felt. She chose the easy way to start the conversation. Although she was scared. Scared like never in her life. "The Casino Project it was never stopped. It was only canceled. The USB you found has older and newest designs of the Casino. Also, Kuryu verified it. Geonchugga, the company that was responsible to build the Casino didn't belong to Kuruy. Only a part. The main owners were Korean and Chinese Mafia." she looked at Cobra serious now "SWORD might be in danger. You have to inform the rest!"

Cobra dropped his head and rested it against his hand. All the details Amaya was giving him were like small arrows pinning into his mind. "Oi! What are you saying?" he shouted punching his fist against the table. The rest of the gang gazed at them confused. They were happy to see that Amaya visited them. Yet, her return was more confusing than her departure.

"I'm telling you Kuryu wanted to inform you! We might be in danger!" she repeated again. She knew what Cobra was implying. But she couldn't explain it to him yet. How could she tell him all the awful things she had done. And how would he accept her back?

"Who from Kuryu told you?" Yamato interrupted them. He surely wanted their reunion to be different but the news she was bringing were more important.

"Ryu told me. Yesterday he visited me at work!" Amaya responded. Her fingertips were now dug into the red leather as her anxiety rose.

Cobra's eyes widened and he pinned his gaze on Amaya "Kuryu's New Leader? He came to see you? Not me, or any other Leader?" he questioned.

"Cobra there is a lot! A lot I have not told you!" Amaya suddenly said dropping her tone.

"Explain?" he uttered more pissed now. "After all those years. You return home for this?"

"No!" she shouted unexpectedly as she couldn't take it any longer. "I wanted to return and clarify things. I wanted to apologize! But I never was strong and fearless like your Cobra. I was scared! I am scared!"

Cobra sat there looking her with open mouth. He was waiting to hear any crazy reason and reaction for Amaya. But scared. "Amaya..." he murmured not sure what to tell her. His worries grew was he so blind to note that his own sister was in trouble.

"In Sannoh We would never abandon our friends!" Yamato cut them off again "Whatever the reason Amaya you are always welcome here. I told you that before!"

Noboru tapped her shoulder "Tell us what happened? I was in a dark place and those guys helped me to find my way again. Even I didn't see any hope!"

Amaya started to understand what everyone was telling her. She wiped her tears away and started to narrate through all the previous events. How she felt uneasy with Cobra, why she followed him around, how slowly she changed and was hanging out with the wrong kind of people. She told them about the drug use, the drug dealing. That she never won a scholarship but the money came from the drugs she had sold. She even told them that she was the one that told Kuryu who the leaders of Mugen were. That she dated Ryu and everything else. And how much it costed her to get back on the right path.

"I am apologizing!" she said and stood up bowing over and over again. As long as she was stating her old deets it was like most of her weight was slowly lifted. She could breathe a bit better.

Cobra was speechless. True be told, he knew a few of her old doings as Kahaku had informed him. But he never knew what kind of life his stubborn sister had. In truth she was still such a kid, still growing into her adult body. He liked that she wanted to own her mistakes, but she needed to forgive herself too. Until she does that she would never heal.

He stood up, and grabbed her from her shoulders and pulled her into a hug. "Amaya! I understand! But you know, you shouldn't have to keep it from us." he told her with his eyes filled with tears.

"We couldn't be your strength when you were going through hard times. We don't want to repeat what happened." Yamato stood up and joined the hug.

"Amaya is still Amaya! Nothing changed!" Cobra said as he was crying.

"Come back to us!" added the rest of the members that were there.

Amaya spent all day there. She had so much to tell Cobra and catch up all the lost time. She also spoke and apologized to the old friends and was introduced to the new ones. Hoodlum Squad accepted back an old member and the sister of the leader. Though there was a large wound left to Cobra and Yamato. Because they failed to protect Amaya when she needed it most.

"I'll send you home!" Cobra said. He waited for her outside to give her goodbyes. "Are you staying far from here?"

Amaya followed him outside and shared with him her new address. But she never mentioned that she was actually living with the Amamiya brothers. She was still not sure how she would say that to Cobra. "I live around the corner there!"

They reached the destination and hugged once more. "Tomorrow we will have dinner at home. Mom and Dad haven't seen you for ages. Do you want me to pick you up?" he asked her.

Amaya never thought that things would turn out in that way. "You have grown into a fine man, Brother!" she suddenly told him and hugged him again. "Thank you!"

Cobra smiled and wrapped his arms around her. "For now talk to me. We will figure it together!" he advised her and ruffled her hair.

"After work, I will take a Taxi, don't worry!" she responded as the hug was broken. "There are a few more things I didn't share with you. I will when the time is right!"

Cobra nodded and climbed on his bike. He waited until Amaya stepped inside the building. He the engine and paused looking at the corner of the same building, he noticed two familiar bikes. It seemed around lived the Amamiya Brothers. He drove away, still surprised that his sister actually lived close to SWORD. And a bit curious how she ended living in the same building with the Amamiya Brothers. He never imagined that she was actually living in the same flat.

But that night one more thing occurred. Hiroto spotted Amaya returning home with Cobra. He knew she would be in Hoodlum Squad. But why was the leader of Hoodlum Squad returning her home? And why was he hugging her? Hiroto kicked the chair and turned away he had seen enough. He never admitted it, what he had just witnessed bothered him.

As the youngest of the Amamiya never imagined that Cobra and Amaya were actually siblings. For the first time, the ruthless of the siblings started to come to cross a new emotion.

It was called Jealousy!

Upcoming Chapter: Act Fifteen」


Thank you for reading!

Feel free to Review and Follow! ^_^