The one with the Ten Days:: Part A

High & Low ~ Another World ~ 「Amamiya Brothers」

First Day - Itokan Diner

It was a fall day in the late afternoon. The area faced the breathtaking sunset. Itokan Diner was filled with Sannoh Member, the SWORD leaders, a few SWORD members, and the Amamiya Brothers. In the middle of the wooden table were placed a few first aid kits and everyone was taking care of their cuts and bruises. Amaya was trying to clean Cobra's wounds as Hiroto seemed to avoid her.

"Cobra don't move let me finish!" Amaya complained as she cleaned and bandaged his right hand "Going into a fight with the Triads. You guys?"

"Amaya is worried?" Masaki noted "Not like Hiroto-kun! You never listen at your brother!" he complained like always lighting up the mood.

"Urusai!" Hiroto shouted at Masaki and threw him the rag that he was using to clean his own injuries.

"I was not worried!" Amaya lied smiling and pushed Cobra as she crossed her arms faking an annoyed gaze.

"You were not worried?" Cobra questioned in confusion "Then why are you mad?"

"Because you didn't include me in the meeting of the fight! I thought you wanted me to be part of Hoodlum Squad!" she answered still gazing annoyed at Cobra and then Hiroto.

"You are already part of Sannoh and you know it!" Cobra defended.

"Idiot! This fight was not for your level!" Hiroto uttered casting her a fast glance.

"Uzai!" Amaya yelled and walked over "No one asked you! ert!"

It didn't take long for Hiroto and Amaya to start arguing and the rest to enjoy their silly fight. Cobra shared a moment with Hiroto, as they both had not finished their spar. But after what they went through today, that fight seemed so pointless. After all, he only wanted to see his sister happy. And If her happiness lied with Hiroto, then so be it.

"I don't believe I lost the bet!" Dan said louder. It seemed that Dan, Tetsu, and Chiharu were now finalizing their bets since they had found earlier that Hiroto was dating Amaya.

"I told you girls don't choose the strongest. Dating has nothing to do with fights!" Tetsu said tapping Dan shoulder "Now pay us!"

"But still Masaki was such a better option!" Dan spoke loud and looked at Amaya "I can't believe you choose to date Hiroto!"

The room fell in silence suddenly. Dan's words were loud enough to win everyone's attention.

"You placed a bet against me?" Amaya narrowed her gaze against Dan "Are you serious?"

"Huh!?" Masaki cried out and looked at Hiroto "Wait! You two are dating!"

"Idiots!" he uttered under his breath. It seemed it was not only his brother he had that silly side, but Sannoh Rengokai was also filled with it. He simply nodded his head causing Masaki to start laughing at him.

"Gomen! We just were curious who you would date!" Dan tried to explain to her.

"Well, Next time remember to include me! What's wrong with you! You are going fighting and forget me! You are placing bets and you forget me! Then you say I'm part of Sannoh?" she placed her hands against her hips complaining.

"Hiroto-kun trapped! Dating ... really!?" Masaki kept mocking Hiroto. Hiroto was furious at his brother as he ended up being teased again. Amaya couldn't run to his rescue as she was busy complaining of not being part of the bet. The rest kept enjoying the free show for a few minutes until the silliness slowly ended.

"About earlier," suddenly Hiroto spoke to Cobra who was sitting next to him "The fight ..."

Cobra rose his eyes and examine Hiroto's gaze. It seemed serious and earnest "Just treat her right!"

Hiroto nodded. He grasped Cobra's point of view. It seemed there would not be a fight. Only if he would screw it up. "Idiot! Would you really bet against yourself!" Hiroto shouted at Amaya.

"Against me!?" she puzzled "I would bet against you! Masaki has better qualities of a boyfriend!"

"Of course I do!" Masaki announced proudly.

Hiroto grinned "Yet here she is going out with me!"

"Don't game with your luck, you know that can change easily!" Amaya as she stepped closer.

Hiroto placed his arms around her and she leaned closer to him. The softness and gentle touch of his arm against her made her back tingle. They sat on the seat without speaking because, in their own way, they were already communicating.

That's how the night ended. With a calm and relaxed feeling and many questions answered and many secrets still hidden. Why the Triads pulled suddenly off their plans? Who managed to make Cherry step down? Then there was Amaya's secret. Ten days and she would no longer be part of Sannoh. Ten days and she had to break up with Hiroto.

Actually only nine days were left...


Second Day - Shibuya

The next morning Amaya woke up next to Hiroto. Her eyes froze against him as she was trying to hold in as much of that moment. She knew she would miss the 'annoying-ert'. She needed to make every moment count. She ran her fingers through his face noting every edge and corner of his face. She could never have enough of moments like those but a busy day was waiting for her. She leaned in and kissed his lips. Before leaving she left him a note.

'Met me at Shibuya Crossing, under the Hachiko Statue* at 10am.'

She tugged on matchstick jeans and her ballet flats. She wrapped a Hally-blue silk scarf around her waist, up over her torso, then tied the ends behind her neck to fashion a halter-style blouse. Next, she wore her matching coat and went to work. She took a 10-days-leave. The project manager denied her request. But oddly Amaya wouldn't stand down until she caught those 10 days.

Her final stop was at Ryu's office. It took her a long while to sign the contract. But after she signed something inside her died. Ryu promised as long as she would not break the contract SWORD had nothing to fear. Honestly, she didn't trust Ryu. But as long she had the contract she hoped SWORD would be safe. For all those years she was not part of Sannoh. For the years of the drugs and the misbehaving. She could finally protect them.

It was five past ten in the morning when she reached the Hachiko Statue. Although there were so many people milling around she almost couldn't see Hachiko. She envied the Hachiko. His loyalty and unconditional Love, she could never understand. Humans were not like that. Indeed humans can love and care. But there is always a selfish part inside that love.

Right?

On the edge of her eyes, she noticed Hiroto strolling towards her. His stride was confident and strong. She smiled and turned facing him. He paused a few steps away from her and waved. "I got your note!" he said smiling with his hands placed inside his pockets.

"Heh!?" quizzed Amaya observing him "They way you greeted me, I don't think it suitable. You were almost 30 minutes late. And this is a date. A wave will not save you!" she voiced up placing her hands against her hips.

"Domo!" Hiroto said tilting his head not sure what he should say in such situations. True be told, it was the first time he was actually on a date. And he was not sure why Amaya made him promise that they would go on 10 dates.

"Hey, sorry for making you wait!" she corrected him "That's an answer you should try next time. What would your next girlfriend say?"

Hiroto sighed and repeated "Yo! I am sorry for having you wait!" He stepped then closer and poked her forehead suddenly "Idiot! Next girlfriend really!"

She softly wrapped her arm around his and pulled him to start walking. The passed through Shibuya crossing towards Miyamsu-zaka road. The turned right towards Meiji-dori. They took the exit Jingu-dori, only to end up where they started in Shibuya Crossing. They had made several loops of the same blocks, how many neither of them can recall. On the first few circuits, the talk had been shy, almost becoming familiar and then each of them backing away. Another few circuits and they started talking more.

On the final loop around Jingu-Dori he had pulled Amaya close into a kiss that stopped all her anxious thoughts dead in their tracks. He broke the kiss and pulled back gazing at her "How long are we going cycle around! Idiot! You sure you have been on a date before!?"

The kiss was the reason she blushed and Hiroto's gaze upon her made her feel butterflies all over her stomach. She acted like she was a high school girl and her crush had just kissed her. "I was never on a date. But I know about dates better than you! I have read so many Shojo manga!" she clarified and pulled him to follow her.

"Is that so!" he said shaking his head smiling and followed her.

Amaya guided him in Shibuya Tsutaya to have some coffee in Starbucks. In the coffee shop, they seemed like awkward lovers, pretending to be there of convenience, afraid of their need to connect to one another. This place filled with people always so close and so far apart. But this was the community of this era, as close as they could be without admitting the truth.

Ironical though Amaya's truth was so much different as Hiroto. Hiroto thought to be at the start of their relationship. Indeed he was confused, spaced into new territories. Amaya had already reached the end. In a few days, she would have to tell him the news. And here she was now trying to hold onto the moments. Because in a few days she would not see that ert ever again.

They shared the moment and drunk their ice coffee. Soon Amaya was dragging Hiroto along towards Shibuya Hikarie Mall. Hiroto was whining along as they were shopping. Since he met Amaya he had already done things he never would. And between us, he would do so many more. But spending two hours shopping, was a nightmare he vowed he would never repeat.

The tour went on as they walked through Spain-zaka, Shibuya's most atmospheric little alley. Amaya as an architect couldn't avoid mentioning the typical Tokyo bricolage, with a Mediterranean flavor of mismatch architecture style. At noon they had a set meal at D47 Shokudo, the changing line up of teishoku to eat fermented Tofu of Okinawa and stuffed squid of Hokkaido made Hiroto's annoyance a bit better.

However, his luck ended as Amaya dragged him sightseeing. From D47 Museum to Toguri Museum of Art. It was late evening when their date ended and Hiroto was ready to kill Amaya. Museums and malls were not words included in his vocabulary. Amaya ended the conflict as she shamelessly guided him through Dogenzaka, also known as the Love Hotel Hill. The winner was Beat Wave Hotel.

"Idiot!" Hiroto exhaled as he found himself standing outside the Beat Wave Hotel "Did Shibuya burn all your brain!? We are leaving!" he concluded and tried to pull Amaya and escape that place. Today Amaya surprised him in so many ways. Indeed he was never on an official date. But he knew a few things about dating. Amaya went over the top. From strolling around to having coffee and dinner. Shopping, Museums and more walking.

Amaya giggled at pulled him closer and whispered "You have two options. This or back Home with Masaki mocking you!" she .

Hiroto breathed deeply only the thought of Masaki making fun of him made him shiver. He grabbed Amaya and entered the Beat Wave Hotel. It cost them 11,500 Yen to stay the night. And the 100 rubber ducks that were placed in their bathroom would haunt him for life. But the rest of the night was worth it.

They spend the night in the low blue lighting room, with the random singers' pictures. Hiroto and Amaya's attention was into each other. They took a shower and spend the night with pleasure and laughs. The next morning found them sleeping in each other's arms looking satisfied and happy.

A happiness that would end in 8 days.

Upcoming Chapter: Act Thirty-Two 


Hachiko Statue* The famous Akita dog, who came to Shibuya Station every day to meet his owner, a professor returning from work. The professor actually died around 1925, however, the Hachiko kept coming to the station until his own death 10 years later. A story that wins the hearts of many Japanese until today.

Thank you for reading!

Feel free to Review and Follow! ^_^