The one with the Third-Drink Amaya

High & Low ~ Another World ~ 「Amamiya Brothers」

Author's Note:

Warning: Concepts contained in this chapter include alcohol xD

Disclaimers: All right reserved of the originals "High & Low" Characters, Names, Places, etc to Sigeaki Kubo/ EXILE HIRO/ LDH World/ HI-AX/ enish.


Amaya was checking the time form her mobile one more time, which indicated she still had a few more minutes before finishing work. Today their manager wanted to take the whole team out and celebrate the new deal of the Mall project they closed. Nights out with colleges happened regularly. Having a drink and gossiping made the team relax and bond together. Even Amaya enjoyed spending time out with her co-workers. But she hated drinking. She was never a heavy drinker. But if a coworker would treat a drink, it was not polite to reject it.

She was supposed to clean her new room and organize it. Her life became such a mess since last night. True be told, it was messy before that. Even before she quit her work of the Casino Project. She hoped now that she found a new job and a room to stay, she could make a new start. Though, there she was now sharing a flat with the Amamiya Brothers. There she was still stubbornly refusing to accept she hailed from Sannoh. There she was not knowing what tomorrow would bring.

"A drink sounds like the best option right now," she mumbled to herself as she grabbed her phone and purse getting ready to leave work. She checked her phone one more time, it was passed 7. And she had two unread messages. She started walking towards the elevator while opening the messages.

'We've gathered in club Heaven. It opened recently and Tanaka-san (the manager) insisted...' she shook her head in disbelieve. She was trying so hard to keep away from Sannoh and SWORD. And every step back she took she would find herself taking two or three forward. She responded 'O.K.' and pressed the ground floor button.

The second message was from Yamato checking how she was doing. 'It's been a while. You worry again by yourself. You know you can rely on us.' She sighed knowing that Yamato cared about her and just wanted to make sure she was doing fine. 'Everything is alright. Don't worry. Take care of Aniki' she responded. She locked her phone and placed it inside her purse.

Meanwhile in Itokan Diner Yamato was reading the message and frowned. Amaya's replies were always short and emotionless. Surprising though she was aways responding back. The stubborn sister of Cobra, that wanted nothing to do with Sannoh, it's people and her brother; answered back every time. "She is like her brother relentless." he said to Naomi bitter "Neither of them had contacted the other. Both acting up."

Naomi paused washing a glass and looked at Yamato saying "You know how annoying stubborn both can get. Just keep checking on Amaya, until they both get over it."

"Get over it? Will they ever?" Yamato sighed again. He looked at Cobra who was sitting on the red couch at the end of the room and walked over. "I talk with Amaya today. She is still alive." suddenly he said taking a seat next to him. "How long are you planning to keep avoiding her?"

"Oi, Yamato! How did this happen? Do you keep messaging her? She wanted nothing to do with us. This isn't your problem anymore, stop contacting her." he uttered deadly serious. He was pissed with the situation and his sister. If she didn't want to be part of Sannoh and him, so be it! He faced away from him ready to stand and walk outside.

Yamato grabbed him against his shoulder and turned him around catching his attention "Cobra you are worried about her. We all are! I understand you are angry with her. But you have eventually to talk to her. She is your sister." he calmly said.

"You forget Yamato she left home one night without even explaining. 'We never were family.' Were her last words. She is not my sister." he voiced and freed himself from his grip and left Itokan Diner.

Deep down Amaya meant the world to him. After all, she was his youngest sister. Indeed her supercilious attitude enraged him. She could make him extremely angry; put into such a rage and totally infuriate him with her behavior. Her denial not to be part of the city they grow in, Cobra could not understand. But he accepted her need to study, work and have a life away from Sannoh region. Though he never grasped her need to keep away from family and friends.

Amaya was on her third drink and life could not look better. Two-Drink Amaya was fun to have around. Third-Drink Amaya could bring chaos and disaster all around her. And she had already finished her third drink. Finally, it felt so good to be free from all the worries. She ignored her co-workers. Now Amaya was inside her personal world, drunk and happy.

The smoke twisted in its artistic way, forming curls in the gloom, illuminated only by the age-speckled bar lights. Amaya was dancing across the bar sometimes alone and sometimes with someone. Each drink offered seemed like a better and better idea. She never felt so good and so carefree. Damn, she was so drunk, she had even forgotten her own name.

Hours of dancing and drinking found Amaya at the end of the Bar forgotten. It was past midnight, her co-workers were long gone and she barely awake, when Koo found her. An unknown drunk girl, her hair was a mess and her cheeks were flushed red. Her lacy bra was exposed above the low-cut line of her shirt, which appears to have alcohol split down the front. "Can you stand Miss?" he asked her while offering her his hand to help her stand up. "Did your friends leave? Should I call someone to pick you up?"

Amaya tried to balance and looked at the man dressed in white. She brushed her messy hair out of her face and with a silly expression on her face she responded "I think... they left! And I am so wasted!" She started laughing and sat back on the floor gazing at Koo. "You are a White Rascal." she hiccoughed happily "You did well!" she applauded.

"Thank you Miss!" was his answer "Let's try to call someone to pick you up," he suggested and helped her seat on the bar stole and gave her, her purse. "There should be someone you can contact right?"

Both of the Hino siblings were awful when drunk. Though Amaya was far worse from Cobra. She smiled like a fool to Koo and waved her finger in front of him "We cannot call my brother. I am not talking to him at the moment." she mumbled in a sweet drunk tone. She leaned against the bar counter rested her arms casually. "No.. no him neither..." she went on thinking of Yamato, Naomi and any other member of Sannoh she would not call.

Koo couldn't guess what the drunk girl in front of him was thinking "Maybe someone else then. A coworker, A friend, your roommate?" he asked her again.

"Hmm... I'm in bad terms with Aiko too. She tried to drug me and give me away to Doubt... Scary" she whispered and crossed her arm around her and leaned closed to Koo "You want to know a secret... Aiko is dating with a Doubt member. Freaking scary right!?"

A few moments ago Koo had in front of him just a regular drunk girl. But her last phrase got his attention. "Doubt?" he quizzed open widely his eyes.

Amaya nodded "Shinji Rarenai! (Can't believe it!) Right!? They are still active and my Roommate... they..." Amaya looked at Koo once more tilting her head. In her drunk stage and without her mind to set any limits she was freely saying anything. She pointed at Koo "Right you are like sworn enemies with Doubt!"

Suddenly Koo turned his gaze on the east part of the club "Rocky you better come and hear this?"

Amaya's goofy smile remained as another White Rascal Member approached. Normally she would be angry and cursing her luck crossing paths with more SWORD members. But right now she was happy and drunk, looking so carefree and silly.

"It's Doubt again!" Koo notified him "Lately I have heard more rumors. Even with Ranmaru gone. They slowly gaining ground again."

"Hirai never stopped..." murmured Amaya as she was checking her feet and smiling, "Aiko said they did that to other roommates..."

"Aiko?" Rocky questioned gazing at the silly and drunk girl in front of him.

"Her roommate seems to work with Hirai, she saying they drugged her..." Koo was trying to explain as Amaya cut him off.

"No, No! Wait! Aiko is his girlfriend and my roommate. I had to move from my old apartment. And ended up living in with her..." Amaya was mumbling for a few long minutes confusing Rocky more. She went on with her story "So I run upstairs... They helped and now I'm living with them."

Rocky gaze darkened, Doubt was surely causing problems again. He never liked gangs like Doubt, he hated men who treated women like that. "Then Hirai is back to his old tricks," he repeated to Koo. Next, he stepped closer to Amaya. "Those people who helped you, are you living with them?"

Amaya smiled and nodded brightly at Rocky "Yes, the older brother suggested I could rent the room as long as I wanted.., Thought the youngest doesn't like me..." she frowned her face and looked annoyed and with a hiccups tone she made it clear "We have a war!"

Rocky chuckled at her behavior "You are too drunk. Anyway, who are they? We need to contact someone to pick you up?"

Amaya blinked confused "Indeed I need a way to return back home." she smiled and pointed at Rocky "You know them... The Amamiya Brothers." she said in a sweet and innocent tone.

Rocky and Koo both spaced out as they needed a couple of seconds to process what the drunk girl was telling them. "You mean that, " Koo said and was interrupted again.

"Yes I am sharing a flat with Masaki and Hiroto!" she announced proudly. If sober-Amaya would hear that she would freak out and punch herself so badly at that moment. Though drunk-Amaya seemed happy and fully enjoying herself.

The White Rascal's Leader picked up his phone and dialed Masaki's number "Hey, I have your Onna here drunk. You better come and get her."

In the meantime, a very baffled Masaki answered the phone call. It was a while he had talked with any of the SWORD members, especially the White Rascals. "I see. I'll send someone!" he finished the call and walked towards Hiroto's room. A wicked smile was placed on his face as it was time to tease Hiroto. Masaki loved those moments when he could simply annoy Hiroto.

Earlier he had a supplier adding the pink seat that Naruse had once placed on Hiroto's bike. In case Amaya needed a lift or someone to pick her up. He knew exactly how much Hiroto would flip finding out that the same pink seat was installed on his bike again. It took him forever to remove it. And now it was even worse as Masaki made sure it was permanently installed.

"Neh, Hiroto-kun can you pick up Amaya. She seemed to be drunk and cannot return home." he requested while standing in front of Hiroto's room with a big smile.

Hiroto paused his work and stood up furious walking over to Masaki. "Say that again!" he hissed glaring at Masaki "Why don't you go and get her?"

Masaki chuckled as he leaned against the wooden door chassis casually. "You know I would. But my bike doesn't have a spare seat like yours!"

Hiroto tilted his head. Suddenly the thought that Masaki messed with his bike crossed his mind "You didn't?" he added and stormed out of his room and down to his bike to check it.

"She is in Club Heaven, Don't be late," he told him loudly laughing. "Rocky did not sound too pleased," he said to himself.

He kicked the lower part of a metal fracture, as he watched that rediculous pink seat again on his bike. His V-ROD Edge of Rudo Harley Davison looked again heinous. Hiroto cursed and complained like always. Masaki always managed to find ways to mock him and ruin his day. "I'll kill you!" he shouted grabbing with both of his hands the pink seat and trying to pull it off.

Masaki was watching him up from the window chuckling as he opened the window. "You can't remove it. I had someone to customize it for permanent use."

Hiroto breathed deeply and shook his head stepping away from the pink seat. He glared at Masaki as he sat on his bike and turned the engine on. He was mad with his older Brother and freaking fierce with the new roommate. Yet there he was driving to Heaven Club to pick up the damn annoying girl. He would kill Masaki and her afterward.

Upcoming Chapter: Act Six


Thank you for reading!

Feel free to Review and Follow! ^_^