The one with the Dark Memory

High & Low ~ Another World ~ 「Amamiya Brothers」

Author's Note:

This small chapter is dedicated to unfold Amaya's past. Before she will wake up in the possession of Doubt. Scary!?

Warning: Concepts contained in this chapter include drugs.

Disclaimers: All right reserved of the originals "High & Low" Characters, Names, Places, etc to Sigeaki Kubo/ EXILE HIRO/ LDH World/ HI-AX/ enish.


 

Amaya's POV*:

"Some are born good and always fight off the bad. For example Cobra, he could die just to save others. He would do that not only for Sannoh. I could see it in him. He was more than the furious boy that would fight around gangs. A lost Hero I used to call him. And trust me, my brother's actions were mostly heroic.

Some are born bad and become good through great effort. Like Amamiya, they weren't really evil, yet they wouldn't easily aid someone without a valid reason. Though along the search of their brother and their lost, they found more reason to fight evil.

Others are born in light and fall to darkness. As did I. There is more to my story I never revealed to anyone and I was hiding for so long. Hiding it because I could not face my family and friends if the truth was uncovered. That's why the reason for leaving home and living an ordinary life was hiding more truths than someone would guess. I was not running away from home, I was running away from what I had become.

And others are born in darkness and cannot see the light. There are plenty of examples to add here. One is Ryu. He was born into Kuryu Group darkness was surrounding him since birth. And he never saught the light. And he never will. Believe me, he never will. Even the days he was part of the Mighty Warriors. He had escaped from his traditional shadowy past and was interfering with a new one.

I said once that I wanted to be seen better than Cobra since we were children. I needed the attention of our parents and of our known world. That was the reason I started following Cobra around. Around those times, I was just an innocent dumb child.

Indeed I was constantly making an effort to be more like my brother. I fought and played with him and his friends. But also was doing great in school. My story was lay bare until I started High School. And Mugen started to change.

Spending less time with Cobra. Avoiding our friends. Not seeking any longer our parents' attention. Indeed it was because I wanted out from Sannoh and live a more ordinary life. But what I forgot to tell you, is that I was not the innocent perfect girl that was pleasing everyone. I used to be. Before darkness saught me.

Mugen was the kind of gang where People who loved motorcycles hung out together and slowly became friends. There was also no top or bottom. Everyone in the group had equal power. It sounded amazing a gang without a leader. It caught my attention. Being Cobra's sister, I could come and go without someone stopping me.

Mugen welcomed its Golden age. Each day more people would join. I started hanging around with people that weren't from Sannoh. Pretty girl seeking attention. It didn't take long I was partying with the wrong kind of people. They were using and selling drugs. Long story short, I started using drugs. I was never a heavy addict but I would need my dose through the week.

Drugs need money. And I was a jobless High School Girl. I didn't own any money. Soon I was dealing drugs. And money was no longer an issue for me. I could not only buy drugs. I could save money and find my way out of Sannoh. But even then I had not noticed how much I was changing. That I was starting to become the opposite of Cobra.

I was now the villain!

I was falling deeper into the rabbit hole and no one knew it. It didn't take me long and I crossed paths with the Mighty Warriors. Actually I became friends with Ryu. Back then I knew he was part of a gang called the Mighty Warriors. I didn't know that he was connected with Kuryu. Ryu had better connections. The drugs were of better quality.

That meant more money for me. I was now finishing High School. Sannoh was only a burden to me. I came up with the idea that a scholarship was offered to me. It was a lie, the money came from all the drugs. Around that time Kohaku-san found out that I was somehow dealing drugs. I had one more reason to run away from home.

Yet even then, I had not noticed. The drugs can mess with your brain. I was keeping acting the sweet innocent girl who wanted out of Sannoh. Though I was nothing more than a drug addict with a low life.

The final blow came when I gave away to Ryu who had created the 'Mugen'. It was me who actually pointed out that the Mugen had leaders, Kohaku and Tatsuya. Kuryu found out, and you know the rest of the story. Tatsuya died. Kohaku lost his mind. And the Mugen were no longer.

I left home the night before Tatsuya died. Ryu came clean that night, telling me he was part of Kuryu and the leaders of Mugen would be murdered. The word was out and the plans could not be canceled.

What have I become?

Which one are you? Are you good or bad? Light or dark? An angel or a demon? I knew now what I was!

I had the ability to turn good and truly evil. Goodness is a choice. A choice I no longer saught. It is feeling the power of darkness and walking the other way no matter how painful. But I was taking the easy way out. For the money and the drugs. I turned my back to family and friends.

The rest of the story is known. I moved to New York. I never cut my connections with Ryu. Actually I was helping him with drug dealing. Remember I told you I dated before. Well as you can guess, I dated him. We were never really in love. Me dating Ryu offered VIP benefits.

The years that followed were dark.

Yet I slowly managed to see the truth. I stopped using drugs and saught councilling. New York was the right place for that. I even came clear with Ryu. We broke up. And I ended any connection with him, the drugs and Kuryu. That part of me died.

My dark past and my connections paid off and I was offered a position in the main architecture team of the Casino Project. But this time I figured out the truth early and found out how disturbing Kuryu's actions were. Their plans were destroyed and thankfully Kuryu was brought down.

Now, can you understand why I wanted a new beginning? Why I was running away from Sannoh and SWORD? The real reason why I have to explain and apologize?

I am not the villain any longer!

But the actions of my past are slowly finding their way back. Can you guess now, why Doubt terrifies me to my core? And why although I was so much scared, I cannot acknowledge it. Yet, there is one more thing that scares me. What if I cannot cope with my reality? What if the darkness saught me back once more?

Then what?"

Upcoming Chapter: Act Eleven


Thank you for reading!

Feel free to Review and Follow! ^_^