The one with the Ten Days:: Part C

High & Low ~ Another World ~ 「Amamiya Brothers」

How did it get so late so soon?

The 8th & 9th day passed really fast. The pair didn't visit any place. They just hang around Sannoh annoying everyone and the rest of the day they spent it at home. It was already the morning of the 10th day when Amaya visited Sannoh district. She had finally manned up and decided to talk to Cobra. She knew for now on things would get messy and dark. Nonetheless, she had a contract to follow.

Hiroto insisted to drive her, even if Amaya noted that she needed to talk with Cobra privately. He ignored her and simply dragged her with him. Hiroto thought she would want to talk about them and their relationship. In that case, he wanted to take part in that talk. He didn't want to let Amaya face Cobra alone. After all, they both were to blame.

"Leave! It's a private talk between Cobra and me!" Amaya uttered as she walked into Itokan Diner with Hiroto following her inside.

"Oe! Not if the talk has to do about us!" frowned Hiroto.

Amaya sighed ignoring everyone else inside the Itokan Diner. "Listen, Hiroto! This has nothing to do about us! I need to talk to Cobra today!" she said calmly trying to explain to him that it was indeed a private talk.

"Amamiya! I cannot have some private time with my sister now!" Cobra suddenly interrupted them "I think she is allowed to talk to me without your permission." The couple turned and faced Cobra who was sitting in his usual spot across the red couch.

Hiroto shook his head "She can! But I think this discussion includes me too." he stated serious resting his gaze against Cobra.

"We already had this talk!" Cobra outlined "So will you please allow me and my sibling to have a few private moments!"

Hiroto never managed to response as Amaya suddenly jumped in front of him and glared at them both "You did what?" she shouted and shifted looking Hiroto. "You have talked about us to Aniki!?" she quizzed madly "Didn't we agree we would talk together!"

"A!" Hiroto replied dropping a bit his gaze and resting his hands inside his pockets "I needed to clarify a few things with him alone! We still would explain the rest of the situation together."

Amaya forgot the reason she visited Sannoh today. She forgot Ryu and Kuryu and fired up. Her burning gaze landed at Hiroto "Are you serious!?" she narrowed the distance between them "If said we would do it together! It meant we should together! Don't you speak your mother tongue any longer should I have drawn it to you!" she furious yelled at him.

It didn't take long for Hiroto to argue back "Idiot! I had my reasons!" he pinned his gaze against her and they were ready to start again one of their usual fights.

Yamato was the one who stepped between them and separated them. He grabbed Amaya's arm pulling her enough to win her attention "Amaya!" he called loudly "He had too! There was a promise between them Hiroto should have that talk with Cobra."

Amaya pulled away pushing Yamato back "Are you defending him! Keep out of this Yamato!" she said loudly and suddenly paused "Wait! What promise?" she blinked confused and spun around looking at her brother and Hiroto. Both looked in a different direction trying to ignore her.

Yamato sighed and looked at the three. Avoiding the three could easily lead to another fight. And recalling how the siblings were dealing with their arguments it only would get worse. "Cobra asked Hiroto to keep away from you!" he leaked without any shame.

Amaya was speechless gazing at Yamato and waiting for him to reveal the full story. As Cobra stood in a threatening matter "Oi!" shouting Yamato to stop. The talk between him and Hiroto should be kept between them.

"Chikusho! (!)" uttered Hiroto under his breath and was ready to attack Yamato but he was too late as he went on explaining.

"Hiroto for his own reasons agreed! But after your trip at Fuji-sama, he showed up confessing he could no longer keep his promise. And that he actually would date you!" Yamato said and stepped back.

"Idiots!" mumbled Hiroto as he thought that Amaya's stupidity hailed from her hometown. Because the longest he stayed around Sannoh, the more he noted that more stupid actions were done.

Cobra glared at Yamato and sat down. The truth was already out there was nothing he could do any longer. He hopped Amaya would not take his concern in the wrong way.

Amaya was speechless. She looked at her brother and then at Hiroto and she could only feel how much both seemed to care about her. Her face expression softened and it suddenly revealed a sadness. Now she felt even worse. How would she announce to them that she would be part of Kuryu? How would she dare break up with Hiroto? She felt her heart bead slowing down. She spaced out.

Her brain stuttered for a moment and her eyes took in more light than expected, every part of her went on pause as she watched the door open and Ryu stepping inside the Diner. She froze standing motionless without a word or breath escaping her lips. 'Speak!' her mind shouted 'Speak damn you!' Nothing. She couldn't utter a word.

Ryu took three steps and his way was already cut. Cobra and Hiroto had pulled shocked Amaya out of the way and faced him. The rest of the Sannoh members that were currently at the shop back them up. Confused why would Kuryu Leader step into their territory.

"Why are you here!?" Yamato cried out loudly "We don't want any connections with Kuryu any longer. You have done enough!"

Ryu smirked and jerked his head looking at Amaya "I am here to pick her up!" he fearless started.

Cobra's deadly gaze dropped against Ryu and without any delay, he had crushed Ryu against the wall "Explain!" As strange as it seemed to have Kuryu crossing their region once more, he knew there was a valid reason to make such a bold move.

Hiroto backed up Cobra resting his glare against Ryu. Even the youngest of the Amamiya Brother's shared the same thought with Cobra. Ryu had his reason. And by noticing Amaya he feared this would have a bad outcome.

Ryu calmly rose his arms securing his personal area "I'm not here to fight. I guess your sister didn't inform you. Amaya your time is up. Do you want me to fill them in or will you?" he added winking at her.

Cobra's gaze fell against Amaya now "What have you done?" he voiced up waiting for Amaya to answer.

"Leave!" Hiroto demanded as he pushed Ryu towards the door. "She can speak for herself! You better take off now!" he threatened him.

"I'll wait for you outside!" Ryu said as he looked at Amaya. She was trying to remembering how to breathe unable to speak, totally stunned as the name bounces around inside her skull.

With Ryu stepping outside the room was motionless. Hiroto stepped in front of her and grabbed her from her arms softly shaking her. "Amaya! What happened? Tell us!" After a few more tries it seemed that she managed to find her breath. She had won once again everyone's attention and they waited to listen to her.

"Ryu said the truth!" she affirmed "Our private talk had to do with Ryu. I guess it will not be private any longer!"

Moves and sounds froze at her words. Worried were they now. Cobra, Hiroto, and Yamato seemed troubled and disturbed. Any connection with Kuryu couldn't have a positive outcome. Yet their minds could not hold what Amaya was about to tell them.

It took her a few moments to unfreeze. She bit her lips so strongly they almost bleed. It was her time to act evil and secure of her answer. She straightened her figure and walked over to Cobra affixing her eyes against his. "I didn't take this decision lightly. So know my word is final. I'll marry into Kuze's Household. I'll be part of Kuryu. I'm moving in today!" she said clearly.

The scene was quite unbelievable, shocking really. Her words filled the room and caused everyone to find themselves spaced between reality and imagination. Their minds were sent reeling, unable to comprehend or process the images it was being sent by their eyes. Was that really the same Amaya they faced a minute before? She seemed now like she was taken over by a dark force. She spoke and her words made no sense. A numb feeling overtook them and they couldn't stand any longer.

Her words were so out of character, so far from what he knew of his little sister, he just stared at her open-mouthed. His brain formulated no thoughts other than to register that he was shocked. He closed his mouth, then looked at his toes before glancing back up to catch her eye. "What!" Cobra uttered with such wrath it caused any glass to shiver. "Part of Kuryu?"

The evil dark, not the noble dark, will come at any primitive drive. It only takes a minor trigger to lose any motivation. And Amaya's trigger to her dark future had started. Although she did to help those dear to her. The outcome made her be the malice person of this story. "I know the Sannoh world is fun! Friends, Fighting for a lost cause. And as long as we are young Cobra, it's a fun place to be." she stated "But we aren't children any longer Cobra. I want a better life. You know that!" she lied.

He knew tensing against the shaking of his limbs was useless but he did it instinctively, trying to suppress for a few more moments what he couldn't. Amaya's words hit him badly. But that was not his sister. "Stop copying words that were given to you. Amaya what happened!? If you don't tell us we cannot help you?" he told her worried. This time his voice was soft and carrying.

"You really don't get it, do you? Let me say this real slow so it sinks in! I'll marry into Kuzo's Family. That's my resolution. No words can't win! we are still family Cobra nothing changed." she concluded and tapped his shoulders "See you around brother!"

Cobra narrowed his gaze and stepped closer "OI! You want me to believe a minute ago you were arguing with Hiroto and your relationship and now you speak about marrying and Kuryu? Amaya?"

If Amaya would remain any longer there Cobra's logic would break her. Because he was right. And her black gaze was asking for help. Someone to drag her out from her forsaken future. But her body language and her words made it clear she meant it. "Hiroto is my problem. I will deal with him. I am only notifying you to know my future plans. I have to go now!" she concluded.

No words could win Amaya's attention any longer. One part of Cobra wanted to storm over and knock some sense into her. But he couldn't. Amaya's words seemed final and harsh. So harsh that made him unable to move. That was not his sister talking. Could it be possible, she had changed so much that he never noticed.

Like a movie, it played again in his mind as if somehow his brain was unwilling to let the images go and in its attempt to analyze them it made him see it all over again. He listened to Amaya's words towards Cobra and they echoed inside his mind. He was sure he was dreaming. The woman in front of him seemed like a stranger. Who was she? 'Ryu? Kuryu? Marry? Nonsense!' his inner voice said. Yet Hiroto's ugly side was slowly out.

When Amaya turned and came face to face with him the man in front of her was furious Hiroto. Only he seemed so different and far from her reach. The usual fired up Hiroto would shout loudly and attack. This version of enraged Hiroto was silent and moveless. It scared her to her core and at the same time it caused her grief. Her heart shrank into her chest and she was shaking. But she had one more action to perform before following Ryu.

"We are done!" she spoke loud and clear "We are breaking up!" She didn't say anything else. Amaya by-passed Hiroto sharing with him one more gaze. It was one of those gazes that wounded her heart for good. For now on, she knew he would hate her. She was a bad person in this story. But if she had to do it all over again she would. Because it was her way to aid them.

Hate was the devil's path, causing cycles of destruction and pain. And ending up hating someone you love leads to self-distraction. Hate colors the soul. It spreads throughout the entire system, shutting down all other feelings, and becoming central to the life and the intent of the person. After Amaya's last words, a part of Hiroto was filled with hate. He hated not Amaya. How could he hate her!

He was angry at her, furious, at her words. He could not comprehend her actions today. 'Idiot run!' his inner voice yelled. He ignored it. His range was stronger than his carrying voice. 'We are breaking up!' those words echoed again and again inside his mind. He was in such a shock he could not react. Lost in his wrath and shock he left Itoken Diner even if Yamato tried to stop him. Something died inside him today.

Now came the most difficult part. Dealing with their aftermath after the storm that would be their major blow!

Upcoming Chapter: Act Thirty-Four 


Thank you for reading!

Feel free to Review and Follow! ^_^