The one with the Farewell to the Triads

High & Low ~ Another World ~ 「Amamiya Brothers」

Author's Note:

Warning: This chapter is a bit different than the rest bear with me. It's narrated through Amaya's Point of view through the events that followed.

Disclaimers: All right reserved of the originals "High & Low" Characters, Names, Places, etc to Sigeaki Kubo/ EXILE HIRO/ LDH World/ HI-AX/ enish.


Amaya's Narration (POV)

Are you kidding me?

Time! I always thought I had enough time in my hands. But here I'm today running out of it. I cannot be late, not today! How on earth did they decide something so bold? It's a suicide mission. Damn you Cobra! Of all the days you had today to take such a conclusion. Attack the Triads. Morons!

Run! Stupid! Faster!

The ert isn't much better either. Telling me not to follow. 'This fight is beyond my stretch!' He simply announced and ended the phone call. "Bakayaro!" I yelled as loudly as I could. I thought I was dreaming, Hiroto agreeing with Aniki. The triads are deadly enough for me but not for them. "Both are clueless!"

Faster! Go! Run!

Ten steps away from the entrance I collapsed. Panting heavily and gazing at the broken metallic door. Oya High was not joking when they were crashing into things. I remember Yamato writing to me about the day they took down Kuryu, they crushed into Nameless city. This impact was way worse. I had to climb over the track to reach the other side.

Cold! Freezing Cold!

It felt like the temperature had fallen suddenly. The smell of blood and rust was earning the air as I run through the battle. There were not many standing. Oya High Members were still fighting with a few of the Triads. But it seemed the fight had moved deeper. I couldn't see Oya High's leader nowhere. It seemed he was following the others.

Pew! Bang! Pew!

Suddenly I heard the drawn-out pew of ricocheting bullets. And again the same sound pinning against my ears and damaging my mind. My heartbeat increased and I run even faster. Hiroto was right! I am not ready to be part of such a fight. I kept running without checking my surroundings. I was blind to the rest of the world. My only goal was to reach them.

Stop! Wait! How!?

How would I aid them? The thought pierced through my head louder than the bullets. Even If I was the best fighter (who I wasn't) I couldn't dodge bullets. The police right I should call the police. But I already had called Saigo and he said he could not interfere. "Damn!" I shouted again in despair. "Stupid! Think! Think!" My mind worked and Ryu's words echoed once again in my mind.

'Even if it means seeing friends and family die...'

There was a way to save them. There was a way to stop all this. I grabbed my phone and called Ryu. The bastard was right. When I had to choose between saving myself or my family and friends. I chose them. But wasn't the girl that would always choose to save herself. Why? Why wasn't I scared to face any danger just to save them?

Amaya, you have changed a lot!

I finally called Ryu and accepted his offer. Of course, he wanted me to sign a contract. He wouldn't trust me, as I wouldn't trust him. I bargained to give me 10 days. I needed time to say my goodbyes to Cobra, to my family and friends. Leaving them without telling them the truth. Ryu wanted me to lie. He wanted me simply to announce that I fell in love with him. Just like that. And I agreed. Because nothing seemed more urgent than them staying alive.

ert! Hiroto! Hiroto!

That was another wound that I couldn't face. I had ten days to break up with him. I cannot! I will not! My heart was shouting 'No' in any possible way. But my brain blocked it 'You have to!' I am not sure how I will find the courage and strength to give him such news. I don't see any hope any longer. Darkness now! So much darkness. But the only thing that puts me at ease is that he will be alive and well.

My gaze unfroze and pinned against a female that bypassed me running towards the main building. She seemed like she escaped from a business world and suddenly dropped in the yakuza. I remembered the triads' second boss should be a woman, right? I rushed after her. I was not sure how Ryu would manage to stop this battle. But I couldn't have the leader of the Triads show up. That would mean the end of the battle.

However, I was slow. The woman had already gained distance and landed in the middle of the fight before I could enter. Though something change. The sounds of the bullets stopped. I couldn't hear the screams of the fight or any gun shooting. There was only a cold wind howling through the area and the bad smell of blood and sweat.

Be alright! Be alive! Be safe!

And there I was in the middle where the battle took place. There were Triads' members scattered all over the place blending with SWORD members. Few were gaining their senses back. Some were seriously injured. As a strolled towards the center there were Triads surrounding the place holding guns ready still to attack. Something or someone made them stop.

Could it be Ryu?

As I reached further I could see the woman standing in the middle face to face with Cobra. 'Thankfully, he is alive!' I could breathe again. He was injured and filled with bruises. Yet Aniki would always end up like that. Next to him were Yamato, Masaki, Kohaku. They were also safe. Soon I could see the SWORD leaders and the main members surrounding the woman.

Hiroto? Where was the ert?

I paused worried. Until my gaze met with his and I could hide my smile. "Damn you!" I lipped and he easily read it gifting me back with one of his genuine smiles and mumbled "Idiot!" That image made me sadder. I was scared that I would be the cause he will lose that smile. Honestly, I wanted to wish that he would not think of me that deeply. But I was selfish. I just accepted he truly loved me in his own way. And breaking up with him would bring some kind of sadness in his heart.

Again my thoughts were cut off as I could now hear the woman clearly. Indeed she was the boss. The way she gave the orders and the way she spoke. It was clear she was their leader. I dropped my head ashamed. She only seemed a few years older than me and she was already controlling a clan and bossing around a company. And I couldn't even save my most beloved people. That would haunt me for long. Yet what bothered me more, was what followed.

"ENOUGH!" she roared and her voice shook my being. One word and all her men pulled back and withdrew their guns. "None dare to attack them!" she added winning the attention of her men and of SWORD. Next, she stepped between Cobra and one of her men. She gestured him to pull away. And before her gesture was over, the man stepped back.

"Bold!" she continued talking with a strong tone "You are bold to guide them into this lost fight!" Her dark eyes were locked with Cobra's and she showed no fear or emotion. I had to step closer curious about her actions. But I was not the only one. It seemed that her acts puzzled everyone. Why was she actually stopping the fight?

"It's not that! When we are threatened we cannot stay down!" Cobra uttered dangerously as he glared at her "But someone like you wouldn't understand!" Slowly all five SWORD leaders moved behind Cobra to support him. Next to him remained Yamato, Hiroto, Masaki, Kohaku, and Tsukumo.

The woman smirked confusing now even her men. "I wouldn't!" she agreed simply like that. It bothered me. I don't know why. But the ease she was accepting things and the way she talking like she owned the place. She was only a few seconds there and she had earned all the attention of the room. It was not only her appearance and her fearless persona, but it was also something more.

"Are you toying with us?" suddenly P responded showing himself in front of Takeshi. The moment was cut as those two had an unsettled argument. "We are here to fight you!" P shouted as Takeshi grabbed him against his arm and pulled him back.

"What's is the meaning of this?" Yamato asked next "You should explain?"

Cherry never lost her smirking expression as she titled her head and gazed at P. I was impressed that she actually didn't ignore P. She paid attention to everyone. It didn't matter what spot they held inside SWORD. Though her words made me uncomfortable. "When I start toying with you, You will know!" she winked at P causing him almost to blush. "Your enemy isn't the Triads any longer!" she spatted out suddenly and faced Yamato now.

"Oi! You people were bombing Nameless city this morning! And you dare tell us that Chinese Mafia isn't our enemy!" Cobra crossed her words and glared at her. Aniki had again that deadly look on his gaze ready to kill her. I wouldn't mind watching him try.

She smiled again backing off "You don't know much about the Triads." was her first response. She strolled up and down gazing at the SWORD leaders after adding her second response: "Triads hail from Hong Kong. Even though Hong Kong is part of China since June 9, 1998. But Hong Kong is a Special Administrative Region. It has its own flag, its own language, and Currency. Please don't forget that!"

"Eh?" reacted Masaki buzzed "We get a history lecture now!"

"No! But you should at least know who you were facing!" Cherry answered. "Anyway! Our company has no longer interest in SWORD. We will not build the Casino!"

"What?" Takeshi said and walked towards her "You are attacking us. You almost killed us! And you are .."

"We were! Changes move at a fast pace around the business world. You should go!" her emotionless expansion now changed to a more serious one.

"The nameless city! You don't own it any longer!?" Hiroto figured out.

"Unfortunately Gentlemen, the Japanese branch of Geonchugga isn't under our command any longer," she revealed leaning against the nearest wall "It was nothing personal. SWORD is located in the right region!"

"That gave your people the right to ruin our city!" P shouted once again only this time he freed himself from Takeshi and ended up grabbing the woman's arm "Nothing personal you say! I'll never forgive you!"

Cherry laughed again as if P was telling her a joke. "Surely SWORD are braver than I thought! Yet, you still leave under pink clouds and hope! This world is much darker! You should go now! Your enemy aren't The Triads any longer!"

"Let's not cross paths ever again!" Cobra said lastly and walked away, being followed by the rest. After that, I don't know what happened to the Triads or to Cherry. My priority was now Cobra and Hiroto. The last thing I noted was P whispering something at Cherry that made her face finally show one emotion. I am not sure what P told her. But whatever it was, it showed sorrow and grief on her face.

One of my question was never answered. If the Triads didn't any longer own Nameless city? And If the Casino project was no more in their plans? Who was now the owner? All those questions rose again and again. Yet, I knew the answer. Kuryu had something to do with that. I feared that now with the Triads no longer in their way. Kuryu would rise again. And I would be part of that world in ten days.

After that, we all slowly helped our people and we slowly drove away. I followed Cobra and the rest at Itokan Diner. Treating their wounds and talk about the outcome. Oddly Hiroto and Masaki joined in. For now, I decided to remain sitting and watch them. I had only 10 days left. Ten days to get as much as I could of those moments. I recalled how I used to hate those moments around Sannoh. Spending time with Cobra. Sharing my days with Hiroto.

Now, I am running out of time!

Upcoming Chapter: Act Thirty-One 


Thank you for reading!

Feel free to Review and Follow! ^_^