The one with the Beating Heart

High & Low ~ Another World ~ 「Amamiya Brothers」

The same day a few hours later, all five gangs showed up around the old hideout of the Mugen. They were tired, dusty and wounded. It seemed that SWORD thought the old building of Mugen would be the best place to retreat. And it was. Already there were Kohaku, Tsukumo, Masaki, and Saigo.

"Hiroto-kun! Where were you?" Masaki questioned after he noted his younger brother parking his bike next to his. He scratched his head observing Hiroto. His lips were lightly bruised, he seemed dirty and his body figure was angling to the right as if he was injured. Masaki's eyebrows wrinkle together as if he could sense Hiroto's ache. "What happened?"

Hiroto climbed off the bike slower than usually holding still his right side. He pointed at Cobra and the rest of Sannoh Rengokai. "Mighty Warriors attacked Sannoh a while ago. And Triads followed!" he flinched.

Masaki glanced at Hiroto one more time. The Amamiya Brothers weren't getting hurt easily along any battles and fights. "Oi! Are you injured?" he puzzled worried.

"Urusai (You're noisy!)" shrugged Hiroto trying to avoid the question.

"Triads?" Kohaku interrupted after hearing about the attack. "Are you serious? Did they already attack?"

"A!(Yes!) Cobra responded "We managed to lead them outside Sannoh. But I have the feeling they will show up again!"

"It was the Chanson and the Triads then." Saigo jumped up and explained to them the details about the Korean and Chinese Mafia he had earlier given to Kohaku, Tsukumo, and Masaki.

"Though the Triads attacked towards the Mighty Warriors also. That's how we managed to escape!" Yamato filled them in.

"I don't find it surprising. Geonchugga has split. Meaning they are not working together any longer!" Saigo added blowing out some breath.

Tsukumo looked around noticing the rest "How about you? Did the same happened?" he quizzed.

"Triads!" sighed Rocky "They used guns. Club Heaven is all burned now. We are lucky to be alive!"

"Same here! Triads and guns!" Hyuga spoke next. He was sitting against the regular car. His look was serious and angry.

"Oyako! They used bombs, blow up the entrance and north parts!" the Leader of Oya Hight told them.

Kohaku lighted a cigarette watching the SWORD leaders "This is more serious, that we thought! Triads are moving fast!"

"They are!" P suddenly cut him off "They showed around the nameless city. We met their leader."

"Cherry Chang?" asked Saigo turning his attention at the Rude Boys.

"Yes! Nameless City was sized today. From construction companies, police and media. And Cherry showed up to give us a "final note" to evacuate the city." Takeshi explained as he was leaning against a wall near to him.

Lala stepped up "But her men were already attacking our people back at the city!"

P nodded "Thankfully we were fast enough and managed to secure everyone."

"What should we do next! We cannot stand and wait when they will attack again!" Cobra uttered under his breath as he took a small stride towards Kohaku.

"We have to protect SWORD right?" Rocky asked seriously.

"This time it will be different than with Kuryu. We don't have any evidence to take down Triads and Chanson at the same time!" Murayama noted.

"No there isn't enough evidence," Saigo added sadly.

"Looks like everyone feels the same way," Kohaku observed, "We might try to take every gang down separately."

Every member of SWORD faced Kohaku now, as he had won their attention. "How are we going to manage that!" Masaki quizzed as he was still leaning against his bike.

"The Mighty Warriors work for Chanson. I recall when I was working with Li. He has the money and would request their help again. We can start there!" he suggested while he was smoking his cigarette.

"You mean we will go after the Korean Mafia?" Takeshi asked confused.

"Yes! We have to bring down all of them. And we already know the Mighty Warriors ways. We should start there!" Kohaku pointed out.

Yamato's eyes open widely "We are going to attack them in their territory?"

"The area belongs to Chanson. We can't wait for their next attack. It could be worse." Tsukumo said gazing at them.

"What are we waiting for then!" the Leader of Daruma Ikka shouted and sat up "Let's the festival begin!"

Murayama walked closer "Certainty of death. Small chance of success. Oyako is in!" he said proudly.

Kohaku rose his hands and broke off the silly and courageousness chit-chat. "Hold on! We aren't going to attack right now. Go clean up and rest!"

"We are going to attack tomorrow at dawn!" Cobra voiced up winning now the attention.

"This battle can't be avoided. We will answer at dawn!" Kohaku agreed. The rest of SWORD stood up, and with one voice agreed. The first strike from SWORD would happen tomorrow. Today everyone left early to go clean up and rest. They had to be ready for tomorrow's battle.


Amaya reached home and prepared to eat some ramen. Her mind was wheeling around Ryu's words. And what made him act so boldly today. She was playing with her food when the door opened and the Amamiya Brothers walked inside. Masaki waved at her and took a seat on the couch. His expression was serious and it was clear something was bothering him. Next, she noticed Hiroto.

A cut against his lips, showing he was fighting. She shook her head and stood up marking that his body structure leaning oddly. Amaya stepped forward and cut his way. She rose her eyes and gazed at him. Her thumb touching the cut against his lips. "Are you alright? What's this?" she questioned.

Hiroto narrowed his gaze and punched her hand away from his face. "Don't touch me!" he requested and stumbled against her and walked into the bathroom to take a shower and clean up.

Amaya watched him surprise. Then turned and faced Masaki lifting her shoulders in disbelief. "What's wrong with him?"

"Sannoh was attacked today by the Mighty Warriors and Triads. He fought with them." Masaki told her "I don't know what happened. You should call Cobra! It was serious!"

"What?" Amaya quizzed and run towards her room picking up her mobile and calling Cobra as long as Hiroto took his shower.

"Cobra are you alright! Masaki just told me that..." she asked him really worried as she wanting to know if he and the rest were safe and unhurt.

"Nothing serious it could be worse!" he responded explaining in detailed what had occurred.

Amaya listened to him as he walked back in the living room and sat down playing still with her Ramen. She exhaled "You worried me to death! You are sure you don't need me to come."

"No! I am fine. Just a few bruises. Though? How is Amamiya?" Cobra buzzed.

"Eh!?" she responded confused.

"Hiroto! He helped me while being attacked from behind and Ice him quite badly against the ribs." Cobra reported. Honestly, he didn't want his younger sister close to Hiroto. But today after he heard Hiroto's ribs crack he was troubled about him.

"What?" Amaya shouted loudly as she watched Hiroto stepping outside from the bathroom. He had a large towel wrapped around his hips and dushed into his room. Her eyes pinned against his waist but she couldn't see anything. "He didn't say anything."

"Make sure his wound gets treated. It sounded serious. Call a doctor if needed!" Cobra suggested seriously.

Amaya nodded. "I will. I am going to check on him right now!" she told him. Then she ended the call and walked inside the bathroom and grabbed the first aid kit. Next, she walked over towards Hiroto's room. Only this time she didn't knock. She opened the door and walked inside closing the door behind her.

The sound of the opening door caught Hiroto's attention. He turned and ended up face to face with Amaya. "Idiot!" he shouted, "Get out of my room!" His upper body was still and his lower body was covered with a towel. "Can't you see I am almost ! Idiot!"

"Shas!" Amaya uttered as she placed the first aid kit on his bed and opened it. She searched for ice packs and paracetamol for the pain. He found the icepacks and walked over Hiroto. She paused gazing at him. "Which side?" she asked him looking really worried.

"Huh!" Hiroto baffled "Idiot! Get out now!" he repeated pushing her away from him.

"Uzai! (Annoying!) Show me your injury now!" she ordered him. Her eyes scanned him once more searching for his side that was wounded. But she could see more than that. Slowly her cheeks turned red and she started feeling awkward.

"Dake! (Get out of my way!" he voiced at her now and grabbed her arm trying to take her out of his room. Though his moves were fast and he pulled his muscles feeling his rips stretching and hurting. He whoomped and grabbed his right side.

Amaya sighed at his stubborn act. "Nevermind found it!" she told him and softly took away his hand and placed the icepack against it. "Silly did you really cracked your ribs?" she asked him gazing deeply at him.

Hiroto accepted the icepack as it was helping to numb the pain. He shook his head and didn't answer at her. His eyes rested against hers. "It's nothing!" he murmured.

"Take something from the pain. Should I call a doctor!?" she serious asked him as her brown eyes locked with his.

"Don't!" Hiroto suddenly outlined "I will take some pain killers. It's not that serious. We don't want to worry Masaki!"

Amaya nodded as she was still blushing. Once again a magical moment was created. As her gaze was lost inside Hiroto's she leaned closer taken by the moment. "I will not..." she mumbled and leaned even closer slowly pressing her lips against Hiroto's.

It took Hiroto three seconds to pull back. These three long seconds he found himself being pulled deeper inside the moment. Though his inner voice yelled as loud as it could. 'You promised!' The moment was broken and Hiroto pulled back. He recalled the promise he gave to Cobra. He could not keep going around and kiss Amaya. It felt wrong. Because now it mattered. In a strange way, the idiot mattered!

Amaya tilted her head confused "What's wrong?" Hiroto kissed her back whenever she kissed him. He even kissed her on his own. Expect last time. He didn't respond last time either.

"Yamete! (Quit it!) Out now!" he said in a loud and dangerous tone. He grabbed again Amaya from her arm and tried to pull her out of his room.

"Eh!? You didn't have a problem last time!" she told him and freed it from his grip. "What's wrong?" she asked him again. Now the magical moment was broken and she was irritated with his behavior.

"Idiot! I'll tell you what's wrong! You are really brave to storm inside a male's room with a half- man in it." he turned around and faced her "Without a fear in the world? Never know how it would play out!?" Hiroto gaze darkened and he pushed her against his bed. He pinned her right hand above her head and leaned above her. His mouth almost touching hers "What makes you so sure I wouldn't attack you?"

Silence.

The room was muted to any sound only their deep breathing could be heard. For a blink of a second, she looked at him terrified. The thought that he would actually attack her passed her mind. But it could never sink in. This was not any regular male. It was one of the Amamiya Brothers. She calmed down. Suddenly she grabbed against his shoulder and hip and rolled Hiroto over. She ended up on top of him.

His breath was cut as she pressed against his injured side. Though he didn't flinch away. His deadly gaze remained upon her. "What are you doing?" he spat dangerously.

Amaya trapped him under her and smirked. "ert! You would never do that!" she said and pulled away from him "Though! You never know! I could!" she added winking at him.

Hiroto was taken by surprise. He brought all his darkness to manage and scare her. And now she was teasing him. He shook his head and sat up holding his side "Idiot! Get out!" he said hiding a smile.

Amaya walked away and before she left she turned and stared at him. She froze, at the side. Hiroto's earnest smile and soft gaze won her attention. She never recall seen such an expression in his face. It dazzled her. She lost her balance and had to regain it by grabbing against the door. She didn't say anything else, just stepped outside.

Her heart skipped a beat that night!

Upcoming Chapter: Act Twenty Three


Thank you for reading!

Feel free to Review and Follow! ^_^